PDA

View Full Version : What sub/amp to get for $600 or less

m_euro
29-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi all,

I've got an 06 accord euro with the touchscreen navigation. Im thinking of getting a subwoofer installed in the car, along with an amp for it.

I was at JB and they got a package for about $350 which has the Kicker subwoofer.

Autobarn also had a little package with subs by Orion (think it was a base model, it is only 500w but can produce the same "power" as 1000w subs. These were a similar price to the Kicker ones i think

Apart from the price, i would have to buy the cable which is about $70 and the installation fee.

Are these 2 any good?

Otherwise what else do you recommend for a total price of $600 give or take and where can i buy it.

Thanks

DC5TYPER
29-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Where in Melb are you located?

I work in the car audio industry and might be able to hook you up with all that your asking for.

Cheers,
VEL

2MPRS
29-11-2009, 08:28 PM
check on ebay if u can get them cheaper buy them off there :)

Stig
29-11-2009, 11:34 PM
alpine MRP-M500 (500w rms monoblock) and alpine SBR-S122V (12" sub in box), can get them at jb

Joe Bellissimo
30-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Are you looking for good sound quality?

I'm the Car Audio Trader on here so I'm more than happy to hook you up but I would need to know whether or not you want something that will sound good, or something that will just get loud.

Let me know which your after.

m_euro
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Im located in Templestowe, so near Doncaster (eastern area). But i guess im willing to travel around for the right stuff.

i guess im looking for something that can sound better than the stock ones but i also want that subwoofer bass.

Im thinking it might be better to do it step by step. So the sub first and then the front speakers at a later stage, unless theres some good deal.

I al

Joe Bellissimo
02-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Well for your budget I could hook you up with this: http://www.vibecaraudio.com/products/blackaircbr12/

Sub/Amp/Box/Wires

Great quality, great volume, great sound, damn near impossible to find anything better for the price.

m_euro
02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Well for your budget I could hook you up with this: http://www.vibecaraudio.com/products/blackaircbr12/

Sub/Amp/Box/Wires

Great quality, great volume, great sound, damn near impossible to find anything better for the price.

pm sent!