PDA

View Full Version : installing ground wire kit problem~

altong0840
30-11-2009, 11:36 PM
hi~everyone~recently i study some information about the advantage to install the ground wire kit on the civic~ i bought a set of wire kit and trying to install it on my EG, but mine is twin carby D15B4 engine~ i dunno how to connect the distributor and the alternator wire to the battery~ however i did:

battery (-) to chasis~replaced the old rusty (-)battery terminal
battery (-) to firewall point
firewall point to transmission
battery (-) to air-con compressor
battery (-) to valve cover
battery (-) to radiator support flame

just wonder do i need to remove the stock ground wire? it look rusty and very old~

where should i place the ground wire for the distributor?

and how to access to the alternator? it locate bottom and very hard to get to~ anyidea>???

dunno how good the wire result to my EG~ but it seems it make the engine bay look fresh as the old rusty stock wire removed:thumbsup:~
cheez

EDracer
01-12-2009, 01:15 PM
the original grounding on the EG should be (-) terminal -to- Chasis -to- Gearbox. as long as that is covered, you should be ok without the dizzy. you can also leave the original alternator one there as it should not be very visible where it is.

have you got any pics?

altong0840
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
the original grounding on the EG should be (-) terminal -to- Chasis -to- Gearbox. as long as that is covered, you should be ok without the dizzy. you can also leave the original alternator one there as it should not be very visible where it is.

have you got any pics?

so u mean the distributor one is not important?

how about the one radiator support to air con compressor? is it important?

EDracer
02-12-2009, 09:16 AM
its good to have the Rad support to air compressor ground on. but the dizzy should be ok because it is earthed to the Head, which is earthed to the chasis, it should not cause you any problems

altong0840
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
thz a lot! will put the wire back to connnect aircon compressor and rad support, because the idle not stable as before i removed it~ now seems it fine~

EDracer
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
no worries man.