PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Vs CD6

POITER
01-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Are the front of CD5's the same as CD6's?

01-12-2009, 03:56 AM
saame same.. no difference

skyflyer
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
as in design, they are the same. however, the headlight might be different. cd6 is also called the SIR accord. it has a black housing headlight, and DOHC engine. and there is no official australia delivered cd6/SIR. and unfortunately you cannot import it from japan either.

also want to add that cd accord has pre-facelift and facelift versions. the pre has different front radiator grille and the honda emblem on the bonnet and different front bar and different front indicators. both cd5 and cd6 have pre and facelift versions. hope that doesnt confuse things.

tmy
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
94-95 = pre. 96-97 = facelift.

skyflyer
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
94-95 = pre. 96-97 = facelift.

and that too.

also, the cd accord is not limited to only cd5 and cd6. there are cd3, cd4, cd5, cd6, ce1, cf2. thats all i can remember top off my head.

xenonkuraz
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Also CD7 and CD8 variants ;) SiR were also available with chrome housing headlights and there are two known imported SiR coupe's to Australia, one of them featured in a back issue of HPI.

skyflyer
03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Also CD7 and CD8 variants ;) SiR were also available with chrome housing headlights and there are two known imported SiR coupe's to Australia, one of them featured in a back issue of HPI.

there you go lol

must have been personal imports then, meaning that someone owned the car for certain years overseas then brought the car with them to aus.

CD6_Accord_SiR
27-12-2009, 08:35 PM

I guess mine would be the third Accord SiR imported to Australia. I have a Dec 1993 CD6 and it is a sedan version in Silver colour. :) Yes it came with a H22A DOHC VTEC. In addition to that we also have a silver CD3 Accord EX with 1.8 litre SOHC non-VTEC (F18B SOHC) and it is also a imported Japanese domestic model imported under the personal import scheme.

I have noticed that the Australian spec CD Accord's chrome housing headlights are somewhat different from the Japanese market accord. The lights here in the domestic model are not of the "diamond" shaped headlights. :(

The standard 7 spoke wheels for Jap. spec CD6 seems to be wider too. She runs on 205/55 R15 tyres.

typesaccord
18-01-2010, 08:05 PM
there were also sir wagons and coupes built in the u.s and exported to japan only

tmy
18-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I guess mine would be the third Accord SiR imported to Australia. I have a Dec 1993 CD6 and it is a sedan version in Silver colour. :) Yes it came with a H22A DOHC VTEC. In addition to that we also have a silver CD3 Accord EX with 1.8 litre SOHC non-VTEC (F18B SOHC) and it is also a imported Japanese domestic model imported under the personal import scheme.

I have noticed that the Australian spec CD Accord's chrome housing headlights are somewhat different from the Japanese market accord. The lights here in the domestic model are not of the "diamond" shaped headlights. :(

The standard 7 spoke wheels for Jap. spec CD6 seems to be wider too. She runs on 205/55 R15 tyres.
Damn man, get some pictures up !

CD6_Accord_SiR
25-01-2010, 04:55 PM
there were also sir wagons and coupes built in the u.s and exported to japan only
I could be wrong but I am inclined to think that the CD8 Coupe SiR and CF2 Wagon SiR were actually manufactured in the USA and then they were sent to Japan as CKD kits and assembled in Japan. The USA do not manufacture the H22A engines and I have seen the CD8 and CF2, they have Japanese H22A engine numbers (ie. not H22A4-xxxxxxx and etc, just H22A-xxxxxxxxx). The firewall has a Japanese ID plate stamped on it too.

Just that it doesn't make sense to ship all the H22As to the USA first and then get assembled there and then ship them all back to Japan. The facelifted CD8 and CF2 model has the same star shaped wheels as the CD6 Sedan. Again it doesn't make sense to ship all the associated SiR parts back and forth. To be honest, I prefer the Japanese assembled vehicle more than the USA assembled ones.

Damn man, get some pictures up !
Will do, just that the car is in a sorry state at the moment, some lady bump into her back and I am in the process of organising the panel beater to repair it. Nothing serious, but the bumper had moved inward slightly! Once I got the car back I will post some pics.

typesaccord
25-01-2010, 11:53 PM
hey guys the sir coupes and wagons were "made in the usa" there vin tag clearly says this
and as for the the comment about it not making sense to ship motor over just to have them sent back . well thats what holden has done with the ls1 onwards v8's for years sending cars back to the usa with a Pontiac badge on them . have a look at this link to see what im talking about , http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Honda/Accord/auction-266394918.htm
, i come from new zealand we are the jdm scrap heap so these sir accords you are drooling over are common and cheap !!!

typesaccord
25-01-2010, 11:58 PM
just found this info on wiki about honda america .enjoy
Honda produced a "sport" version of this Accord for the Japanese market, referred to as the Si-R, this Accord which was hard to tell apart exterior wise from a run of the mill EX model, and came equipped with the 200 hp (149 kW) H22A DOHC VTEC engine, similar to the H22A1 engine found in the American market Prelude VTEC of the same era. It came configured with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard or an optional four-speed automatic transmission was available. It came with cloth sport seats styled similar to the Prelude's, and many of the typical power options found on an EX trim Accord. Though being exclusively a Japanese market model, many of these Accords were built in the US at Honda's Marysville Ohio plant but were marked for export only as this particular model was never offered in North America. Unfortunately not much more is known about this particular model as they are very rare and were produced in relatively low numbers.