PDA

View Full Version : Flame thrower kit

slimx
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Ok guys i was about to buy a exhaust flame thrower kit but then i started learning about exhaust leakage, i have a DA9 and well a 20 year old car is bound to have some leakage, does anyone know if a flame thrower kit would cause fire to come out of any where elsee?? LOL

I dont wanna risk KILLING MYSELF

beeza
02-12-2009, 12:06 AM
A what!? exhaust flame thrower kit!?

I doubt very much that:

`exhaust flame thrower kit` and
`I dont wanna risk KILLING MYSELF`

can be put on the same page and make any sense.

Would enjoy being proved wrong but GOD DAMN!

GSi_PSi
02-12-2009, 12:14 AM
dude , stop watching fast and the furious,.... seriously, i say good luck to you if any cop saw this in action on your car....

beeza
02-12-2009, 12:18 AM
^^ LOLOL True true.Why would you put that on ya car anyways,to impress somebody...LOL

Take ya girl out for a nice dinner instead :)

slimx
02-12-2009, 12:41 AM
lol im young and bored..
modded it enough, and well flamethrower kits i never see anyone have thme i jst wana try it out.. atleast wen i get old.. i can say i fkd around with everything lol

u guys gota learn 2 jst ansa man fk lol i never asked a question and got a STRAIGHt answer with out 50 other comments lol

grifty
02-12-2009, 12:55 AM
AFAIK they are illegal so possible thats why u have never seen it before?

ninzee
02-12-2009, 02:16 AM
lol would be pretty fkn awsume to have it but when c*nts get up ur ass at the lights warn them by melting there front bumper :)

Zilli
02-12-2009, 06:52 AM
an answer to your question...

if your exhaust was leaking, you would know about it because of the sound... not sure how these "flame throwers" work, what exactly are you worried about with reference to exhaust leaks? the potential for the flame to travel up your exhuast and come out at a leakage point i presume?

Anyway, good luck to you, i hope you dont end up hurting an innocent who gets surprised by the flame shooting out of your exhaust and hits a tree or a pedestrian swerving to get away from it...

aaronng
02-12-2009, 06:54 AM
atleast wen i get old.. i can say i fkd around with everything lol

In addition to that, you can also claim to have set your own car on fire. LOL :p

rayb3na_
02-12-2009, 09:42 AM
wells it depends on how these flame throwing kits work.. if your shooting flames all the way from your motor out your exhaust muffler id imagine every nook and cranny that it could get out of it would. id also imagine your exhaust would be blown to pieces the first couple times you do it.

anfo2gig
02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
This guy know what he is doing, these kit add like 200KW

02gzm
02-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Do it backyard special style. drill a hole about a foot from the exhaust tip, weld a nut in it to hold a spark plug, rig up some wiring and a momentary switch so you can flick it on and it turns itself off. Presto instant flame thrower!

p.s. I don't condone this.....

Timmy_B
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
This guy know what he is doing, these kit add like 200KW

200kw? wow i thought it was only 150kw atw.

hmmm, maybe add some a rice GT wing and wide body kit for extra kw gain

anfo2gig
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Need the neon light with it as well + custom bright pink paint job. Now that going to be fast

98vtir
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
+ spinners hub caps FTW

Timmy_B
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
+ clear tail lights

wow, that would be running close to 340kw ATW.
thats bloody quick for a DA9

beeza
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
lol im young and bored..

LOL :thumbsup:

Do it backyard special style. drill a hole about a foot from the exhaust tip, weld a nut in it to hold a spark plug, rig up some wiring and a momentary switch so you can flick it on and it turns itself off. Presto instant flame thrower!

p.s. I don't condone this.....

Oh noes,this could be dangerous..

P.S. I want pics :p

SHOGUNOVDDRK
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Where is xzibit when you need him?

beeza
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Chillin` with Panda :)

u mad?
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
op is 12 years old and just watched The Fast And The Furious for the first time.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
02-12-2009, 02:52 PM
u mad?

slimx
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
lol

out of ALL YOUR COMMENTS ONLY onee guYYY made a proper one that didnt relate to being a ricer somehow ? lol
i just want it for the looks and coz its something different not coz it makes it faster u dud lol.

if i wanted to be faster i woulda got Vtec for a start im still running a gsi motor.

and yes im mad lol . and yes im scared fire's gona come out of somehwere that leaks .. and im only presuming it leaks. my cars fkn loud i dno y since i bought it its been like that, got no fancy exhaust tips or whatever.. its all stock so yeh..

So yeh does anyone know if it will .. make fire come out of EVERY TINY HOLE INSIDE my exhaust?? lol i dont wanna blow up

p.s. defect means illegal yes? i bet half the people on this forum got more defects than me.. so stop being stupid and telling me its illegal OBVIOUSLY IT IS, if it wasnt i wouldnt want it

beeza
02-12-2009, 04:40 PM
You`ve done the right thing by asking,and keeping ya cool lol

But to answer your question,I am unsure

Can anyone help?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
02-12-2009, 05:17 PM
There was an episode of Pimp my ride or west coast customs (or something) that they put something to the description in a Mustang to shoot out flames.

jords
02-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Go have some Sichuan food and you'll have a DIY flame thrower out of your own ass.

http://www.szechuanchili.com/wp-content/themes/wp-andreas01/img/front.jpg

Are you serious or taking the piss?

Lukey
02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtpWOHimto&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VWcZE0PJsY&feature=related

02gzm
02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
lol

out of ALL YOUR COMMENTS ONLY onee guYYY made a proper one that didnt relate to being a ricer somehow ? lol
i just want it for the looks and coz its something different not coz it makes it faster u dud lol.

if i wanted to be faster i woulda got Vtec for a start im still running a gsi motor.

and yes im mad lol . and yes im scared fire's gona come out of somehwere that leaks .. and im only presuming it leaks. my cars fkn loud i dno y since i bought it its been like that, got no fancy exhaust tips or whatever.. its all stock so yeh..

So yeh does anyone know if it will .. make fire come out of EVERY TINY HOLE INSIDE my exhaust?? lol i dont wanna blow up

p.s. defect means illegal yes? i bet half the people on this forum got more defects than me.. so stop being stupid and telling me its illegal OBVIOUSLY IT IS, if it wasnt i wouldnt want it

Minor defects are one thing, but a flame thrower is an instant major defect. Your car will be impounded and because you're on your P's will probably lose your license for a very very long time as they WILL throw the book at you.

Oh and that episode of pimp my ride, they had to remove the flame thrower exhaust thing about 2 minutes after they installed it as it's dangerous

geeang
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM

You want to do this retarded flamethrower mod (even though you're scared it will burn your car down) only because it's illegal?
Wow..........I'm completely blown away.......worst thread ever...

ewendc2r
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Hmm .. Wondering if it could be like Nitrous. ie If the kit isn't connected, then its legal. Simply disconnect the switch to the spark plug and effectively there is no flame thrower connected.

In any case, as the exhaust gas is hot and flowing out of the engine at a high pressure (in comparison to the exit pressure) it is HIGHLY unlikely that you would have any flame going back through the exhaust. Think about a backfire (which is a momentary flame thrower of sorts) -- If you have a turbo, no good -- Will send shockwaves through the turbine (similar to anti lag) which decreases life of the turbine. And think about the flame front as the exhaust valve opens -- If you had a serious leak (which is unlikely) you are more likely to have damage as a result of this.

In the end, its a shit modification and I wouldn't recommend it. If I saw someone with it, I'd think what a wanker. The suggestion earlier of puting the spark plug in the exhaust is spot on however and there are people that have even gone a step further to switch to secondary richer map whilst the spark plug switch is activated to produce a longer flame (instead of banging and popping -- The spark is not continuous, its on-off). Likely to place stress on your exhaust and if you have any hair line cracks you will find out soon enough.

Buy some good tires instead - I would WOW at a car going around a corner on rails rather than a twit with a flamethrower.

slimx
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM

WTF r u on about?

Need the neon light with it as well + custom bright pink paint job. Now that going to be fast

Are u high?

+ spinners hub caps FTW
LOL

+ clear tail lights

wow, that would be running close to 340kw ATW.
thats bloody quick for a DA9
in my opinion they look pretty good... champ not really a ricer thing isnt a ricer some1 whos full into racing and shit to? lol u guys r tlkn shit bout Kw .. i dont care about speed, think with ur head not with your ass

Go have some Sichuan food and you'll have a DIY flame thrower out of your own ass.

http://www.szechuanchili.com/wp-content/themes/wp-andreas01/img/front.jpg

Are you serious or taking the piss?

i dont like chilli...

You want to do this retarded flamethrower mod (even though you're scared it will burn your car down) only because it's illegal?
Wow..........I'm completely blown away.......worst thread ever...

i dont wanna do it JUST COZ of that i wana do it , cause its unique and well it wont hurt to have a crazyyy mod.. read before u talk please it gets annoying.

if its the worst thread straight out y the fk r u commenting?

Hmm .. Wondering if it could be like Nitrous. ie If the kit isn't connected, then its legal. Simply disconnect the switch to the spark plug and effectively there is no flame thrower connected.

In any case, as the exhaust gas is hot and flowing out of the engine at a high pressure (in comparison to the exit pressure) it is HIGHLY unlikely that you would have any flame going back through the exhaust. Think about a backfire (which is a momentary flame thrower of sorts) -- If you have a turbo, no good -- Will send shockwaves through the turbine (similar to anti lag) which decreases life of the turbine. And think about the flame front as the exhaust valve opens -- If you had a serious leak (which is unlikely) you are more likely to have damage as a result of this.

In the end, its a shit modification and I wouldn't recommend it. If I saw someone with it, I'd think what a wanker. The suggestion earlier of puting the spark plug in the exhaust is spot on however and there are people that have even gone a step further to switch to secondary richer map whilst the spark plug switch is activated to produce a longer flame (instead of banging and popping -- The spark is not continuous, its on-off). Likely to place stress on your exhaust and if you have any hair line cracks you will find out soon enough.

Buy some good tires instead - I would WOW at a car going around a corner on rails rather than a twit with a flamethrower.

u were cruel harsh but honest and gave a proper reply.. unlike these other ****heads
------
i replied .. to most people i cbf going more lol

GSi_PSi
02-12-2009, 11:41 PM

Nitrous is illegal disconnected or connected. My mate got done for having it in his car.

geeang
02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
"OK, legalities for NOS on the street are as follows for NSW at least
1 The Kit can be installed no problems
2 the bottle MUST NOT be connected to the kit anytime the vehicle is driven on a public road. "

It's legal to have a kit, you just can't have it connected while driving on the street.
Just because something is legal doesn't mean you can't get defected by a cop having a bad day.

Timmy_B
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
lol

lol i dont wanna blow up

:thumbdwn: LOL

flipfire
03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I think it would be better to get something like a bee-r rev limiter. Just cuts in and routes it to the exhaust. shoots out flames and loud bangs.

Timmy_B
03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
WTF r u on about?

WTF are you on wanting to put this sh*t on your car???

"hey everyone, come see how good my flames are" ]\
F A I L:thumbdwn:

FDBenni
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
maybe get a turbo .. and install anti-lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdu76oY8XU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNhTKxwHIDk

RiceMeister
03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
i dont like chilli...

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

OP Fails.

This thread is a joke, the way you speak is a joke and all you've affirmed so far is that you're a douche.

dreamshifter
03-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Forget the lame aesthetics flame thrower. Get something more functional like a security kit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Chriskoss
03-12-2009, 11:41 PM
hay bro can I have your stereo when you get charred like a fish in the oven? kthx
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/poorjon/obvious_troll.jpg

slimx
03-12-2009, 11:57 PM
WTF are you on wanting to put this sh*t on your car???

"hey everyone, come see how good my flames are" ]\
F A I L:thumbdwn:

not on ur shit obviously dum **** jst asking fk relax a bit ur not gona die dont reply then

maybe get a turbo .. and install anti-lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdu76oY8XU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNhTKxwHIDk

im a p plater :( cant have turbo champ

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

OP Fails.

This thread is a joke, the way you speak is a joke and all you've affirmed so far is that you're a douche.

cuz think ur lost? i didnt ask for a **** wit comment learn to read

Forget the lame aesthetics flame thrower. Get something more functional like a security kit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

fukkk LMAO nah mannn thats overrr driveeee even 4me

hay bro can I have your stereo when you get charred like a fish in the oven? kthx
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/poorjon/obvious_troll.jpg
that pic is akward lol but i will say pfft ill make sure i go down with my system :P lol

~Sp33~
04-12-2009, 01:22 AM
im a p plater :( cant have turbo champ

But flame throwers are fine, right?

i dont wanna do it JUST COZ of that i wana do it , cause its unique and well it wont hurt to have a crazyyy mod.. read before u talk please it gets annoying.

Choose your words wisely.

Zilli
04-12-2009, 06:58 AM
this has gone on long enogh fellas...

OP the mod is highly illegal and dangerous, if you choose to do it great, but think wisely before you do it.

If you are going to post this sort of thing here please be ready for differing opinions or dont post.

Cheers