PDA

View Full Version : Tips!

prem123
02-12-2009, 12:04 AM
So im getting my auntys accord 92' model exi for my first car

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7932220&YearFromShort=1636&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_YearMade_Int32%7c0%7c%7cpCar_RankSort_In t32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c0&keywords=&YearToShort=1670&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965042%20%201636%201670&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=133&__sid=1254CE57F620

Looks like that one.

Which was a disappointment but nah happy with it better then nothing..

I want some ideas on what potential this car has .

Does it have the f22a???

How much would it cost to change to manual?

It may have heaps of problems but she has been the first and only owner.

Would it be worth getting a new engine into it or just get a another car for my pleasureeee??

Would it be good for a engine change???

Brainstormm wtih me ppleasee!!

Also i drove it couple months ago tranny seemed to be pretty shit or are they just liek that in those accords.

Dont know much about cars

nub here.

thanks in advance.

beeza
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
LOL,love ya honesty! :)

Not sure about the engine,is it worth changing etc but here a list of things you can do to get that engine running at it`s best:

Link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113190&highlight=simple+mods+gain)

Put it this way,my car is an auto and was adverage when I bought her,after doing the above,I`m more than happy with it and track it regulary!!

Here`s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAdpEx8bmg) a vid at the track.

Best of luck mate.

CB7_OWNER
02-12-2009, 01:12 AM
So im getting my auntys accord 92' model exi for my first car

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7932220&YearFromShort=1636&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_YearMade_Int32%7c0%7c%7cpCar_RankSort_In t32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c0&keywords=&YearToShort=1670&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965042%20%201636%201670&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=133&__sid=1254CE57F620

Looks like that one.

Which was a disappointment but nah happy with it better then nothing..

I want some ideas on what potential this car has .

Car has plenty of potential. Visit a site called cb7tuner.com.. Has all the info you will EVER need on the car.. BTW the accords codename is "cb7"

Does it have the f22a???

Yes the car would have a f22a if its the stock engine that came with the car.

How much would it cost to change to manual?

Looking at 2k probably including labour, parts are readily available as the prelude and 5th gen manual tranny can bolt onto the f22a

It may have heaps of problems but she has been the first and only owner.

Unlikely, the car just runs and runs, how many km's on the car atm?

Would it be worth getting a new engine into it or just get a another car for my pleasureeee??

Up to you, at the end of the day, if you fall in love with the car, and feel the need for more power, you can either go forced induction or engine swap.. and the only realistic engine swap for the cb7 is a h22a engine.

Would it be good for a engine change???

The engine swap to a h22a is pretty straight forward for someone who knows what there doing. So yes the car is a perfect receiver of the h22a engine.

Brainstormm wtih me ppleasee!!

Also i drove it couple months ago tranny seemed to be pretty shit or are they just liek that in those accords.

The tranny in my old car was very very rough, you can feel each gear change, and its just sorta lurches and the gear changes arnt smooth at all.. Its common and normal for the 4th gen accords.

Dont know much about cars

nub here.

thanks in advance.

I used to own a CB7 , was my pride and joy till i lost it in a car accident.. i had minor mods on it , intake (ebay special), catback, and koni shocks + neuspeed springs., whiteline rear sway o and the front strut bar. And the car went very well around corners, i could easy keep up with my mates 07 lancer, and 07 mazda3, all auto btw. My car had 190k on the clock, and it still went strong. And at often i did think of manual conversion and engine swap. But at the end of the day, its motivation and money you need.. mainly the motivation....

Things to note about 4th gen accord(cb7):
1. The car shares identical suspension geometry as the newer 5th gen accord. Which means all suspension parts are interchangeable for both generation. You will often see parts listed for the car as "Accord 90-97" (which covers the 2 generations).

2. Parts are RARE as FK in australia for the car.

3. Day and night difference in handling, when you add the front upper strut brace.

4. Car is old already, check bushes and such if their worn out.

5. Everything you can think of has been done to this car( in the states), as mentioned above, check out cb7tuner.com for all your queries and needs.

6. Enjoy the car! Its a great 1st car. well for me it was anyways..

Got other questions or troubles , let us know

beeza
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
^^ Top work!

prem123
02-12-2009, 10:44 PM
LOL,love ya honesty! :)

Not sure about the engine,is it worth changing etc but here a list of things you can do to get that engine running at it`s best:

Link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113190&highlight=simple+mods+gain)

Put it this way,my car is an auto and was adverage when I bought her,after doing the above,I`m more than happy with it and track it regulary!!

Here`s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAdpEx8bmg) a vid at the track.

Best of luck mate.

That looks like the same as my mums old civic her vtec + cvt tranny that tranny was hell and had to get replaced 3 times. but yourss seems pretty good.

Thanks heaps for link!

prem123
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I used to own a CB7 , was my pride and joy till i lost it in a car accident.. i had minor mods on it , intake (ebay special), catback, and koni shocks + neuspeed springs., whiteline rear sway o and the front strut bar. And the car went very well around corners, i could easy keep up with my mates 07 lancer, and 07 mazda3, all auto btw. My car had 190k on the clock, and it still went strong. And at often i did think of manual conversion and engine swap. But at the end of the day, its motivation and money you need.. mainly the motivation....

Things to note about 4th gen accord(cb7):
1. The car shares identical suspension geometry as the newer 5th gen accord. Which means all suspension parts are interchangeable for both generation. You will often see parts listed for the car as "Accord 90-97" (which covers the 2 generations).

2. Parts are RARE as FK in australia for the car.

3. Day and night difference in handling, when you add the front upper strut brace.

4. Car is old already, check bushes and such if their worn out.

5. Everything you can think of has been done to this car( in the states), as mentioned above, check out cb7tuner.com for all your queries and needs.

6. Enjoy the car! Its a great 1st car. well for me it was anyways..

Got other questions or troubles , let us know

Thanks didnt know there called cb7s,

i think her kms might be at 170 or something its been to sydney and back heaps.

but i think some mechanic did some dodgy shit with her kms

I will probz clean the car up first and just get it running clean then see if i really want to change engine and i will most likely get tranny change if i choose not to get new engine.

Cant go turbo since im on redd p's

Yeh was thinking that it may be because its old.

Dont understand how you say

"day and night diffeence....."

Check bushes???

gnna check out the cb7 website now.

Thanks HEAPS.

lithium
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
yeah the auto boxes are clunky on those cars - my parents have one and the gears clunk every time it upshifts or downshifts no matter what you're doing with the accelerator. it's normal :)

personally i love those accords, it's the first Honda i ever drove and good fun. the ride is comfortable and it corners very well - those engines are so smooth and love to rev too, typical Honda :)

prem123
07-12-2009, 03:26 AM
yeah the auto boxes are clunky on those cars - my parents have one and the gears clunk every time it upshifts or downshifts no matter what you're doing with the accelerator. it's normal :)

personally i love those accords, it's the first Honda i ever drove and good fun. the ride is comfortable and it corners very well - those engines are so smooth and love to rev too, typical Honda :)

Yeh those trannys in accords are shitt it feels so crap.

Well i have chosen to go on with the h22 conversion but i want to know how and where i can do it? And how much would it cost? if its 2000 just to go manual im guessing it will be pretty pricey.

beeza
07-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds like the automatic gear cable needs to be loosened off a bit.

CB7_OWNER
08-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Cost you up to $2000 for a manual conversion, cause you gotta rip all the stuff out to just do the conversion anyways, if your able to do it yourself, it would only cost you probably $1000 worth of parts.

But if you do decide to do a h22a conversion all the gear will be out already.. and theorectically the mechanic shouldnt be charging you for the manual conversion, cause they rip out the old engine + gbox at the same time.. and wack in the new one..as most h22a front cuts you find will be manual from overseas anyways.

If you are serious about the conversion, take it to a mech that has done it before, because although the swap is basically straight bolt in, you still gotta use 2 different engine mounts as i recall , OR tapping new holes into the new tranny so it can line up to the engine properly i think..

TBH if the car if you got the money and the car is very very very immaaculate, then it might be worth it.. drive it for a while and see if you fall in love with it enough lol.

And what i meant by day and night difference with the front upper strut is, just that.. the difference between having the strut on and off is soo noticeable.

prem123
09-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Well my aunty was the first and only owner so yeh its pretty good just the paint.

But do you really think its worth saving money for....

Or should i just be a ricer....

lithium
10-12-2009, 09:37 AM
mate if you want a geninuely fast car i'd suggest using this one for a few years and saving up money for something that's supposed to go hard - straight from the factory. by all means for entertainment and educational purposes do stuff like wacking on an intake, wacking on an exhaust, won't make the car into a fast car but it will be enough for you to feel the difference.

the problem with doing something extreme like a conversion is: after it's done, you'll probably get little niggly problems and reliability issues - intermittant check engine lights, electrical faults.... fine for a project car, not so good for a daily driver. and the problems will be hard to fix unless you understand engines and can do a lot of the diagnosis and work yourself, because the car isn't like anything like engineers intended anymore and a lot of mechanics won't know what to do with it!

not to mention, in the future when it's time to upgrade - do a conversion and you'll find it very difficult to resell the car again to a normal customer. 99% of buyers won't touch a modified car.

the accord isn't a slow car, enjoy it for what it is :)

lithium
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
also regarding changing the auto to a manual transmission...it's a big job. i don't suppose you've thought about selling this Accord and buying a manual Accord instead? it'll be a lot cheaper and trouble free

beeza
10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
mate if you want a geninuely fast car i'd suggest using this one for a few years and saving up money for something that's supposed to go hard - straight from the factory. by all means for entertainment and educational purposes do stuff like wacking on an intake, wacking on an exhaust, won't make the car into a fast car but it will be enough for you to feel the difference.

the problem with doing something extreme like a conversion is: after it's done, you'll probably get little niggly problems and reliability issues - intermittant check engine lights, electrical faults.... fine for a project car, not so good for a daily driver. and the problems will be hard to fix unless you understand engines and can do a lot of the diagnosis and work yourself, because the car isn't like anything like engineers intended anymore and a lot of mechanics won't know what to do with it!

not to mention, in the future when it's time to upgrade - do a conversion and you'll find it very difficult to resell the car again to a normal customer. 99% of buyers won't touch a modified car.

the accord isn't a slow car, enjoy it for what it is :)

Some of the best,if not the best advice I have on Ozhonda.

I would listen to this man :thumbsup:

lithium
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Some of the best,if not the best advice I have on Ozhonda.

I would listen to this man :thumbsup:

thanks mate - have learnt myself through my own good and bad experiences! :)

beeza
10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
That's the only way! aye :)

prem123
12-12-2009, 04:33 PM
also regarding changing the auto to a manual transmission...it's a big job. i don't suppose you've thought about selling this Accord and buying a manual Accord instead? it'll be a lot cheaper and trouble free

Okay thats some good advice ill probably just keep it stock and i dont want to sell it cause my aunty gave it to me and i would feel bad to sell it.

ill probably just be a ricer = ]

but keep all stock parts so when i sell it put them back on.

thanks alot mang!