PDA

View Full Version : B18C Integra VS B16a Del Sol

Jiztec
02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
hey guys i currently own a 5sp EK1 D16Y5 civic. ii've had it for a year now and its just not doin it for me anymore im thinking of getting eiher an integra vti-r or a crx delsol. i havent been in either of the cars and was wandering if there is much difference in peformance between the 2 after basic mods like full exhaust coilovers intake... thanks :)

DLO01
02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Stock for stock, The Vtir will come out in front both in straight line and corners. 1.8, better chassis.

Delsol is heavy for what it is.

Styling though, I like the Delsol. More potential in that way.

duzy
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
i would also opt for the integra as the crx is a 2 seater :(

SINISTR
03-12-2009, 12:35 AM
try them both - find a dealer or a car you can test drive and test them both.

Im a CRX boy so you'll know what i'll tell you...

dougie_504
03-12-2009, 01:52 AM
ITR man. I've driven both and prefer it - better looking/more potential. You'll get more grunt from a 1.8 than you would from a 1.6 with I/H/E, right?

The Del Sol doesn't do it for me, and I love my CRXs. Won't elaborate on this in order to stay on topic...

ninzee
03-12-2009, 02:15 AM
ye gotta agree with dougie b16a has like no torque it gets really annoying but in summer i would prefer del sol becuase of targa top but iv always said if your going to get a del sol get a sir so much better in so many ways

GSi_PSi
03-12-2009, 03:35 AM
B18C Integra. with I/H/E will open up the engine. stock theyr both crap

midnightdood
03-12-2009, 07:52 AM
straight line speed aside - i feel that the del sol is a nicer place to be. And the rear window goes down. Gotta love it!

jks24
03-12-2009, 08:29 AM
how about vtir civic? :)

dougie_504
03-12-2009, 09:54 AM
ye gotta agree with dougie b16a has like no torque it gets really annoying but in summer i would prefer del sol becuase of targa top but iv always said if your going to get a del sol get a sir so much better in so many ways

Enough said bro

jks24
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
they all have potential, in the end it just comes down to your budget

Latino CRX
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
try them both - find a dealer or a car you can test drive and test them both.

i agree on this man just test drive both see which one u like more.

there is cons and pros with both like others are sayn..

im a crx owner and i was goin to change to ITR or VTiR due to im gettin sick of havin 2 seats .

Jiztec
03-12-2009, 07:23 PM
thanks for all the feedback guys i think id prefer a sunroof and more seating over a targa 2 seater. I like cruising so 1 extra person would just get annooying on a long drive haha. Another car i just thought of was the accord vtir..there are some very nice ones out there. Accord, leather, sunroof, slammed, ICE, I/H/E...?

ninzee
04-12-2009, 12:39 AM
personally i dont like them id go for the lude vti-r or si if you dont want a teggy

dougie_504
04-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Accord is a very nice car...

I have a '97 VTi-S for sale (Japanese version of VTi)
- 117,000 KMs
- Stock to the bone
- Mild scratches and dents ---> previously owned owned by my grandma so it's never been hammered but won't take much at all to get it to shmick
- Two owners, originally owned by the executive of a Honda dealer before going to my granny

Let me know if you're interested :)

VT3C
07-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I've just recently bought a Del Sol after owning my EG with JDM B16A for like 8 years.. The Del sol is a fun chassis to drive, has the flexibility of the targa roof etc.. but the B16 is pretty gutless.. about the same as an EG civic hatch SOHC VTEC :(.. allthough with I/H/E this shouldnt be quite so bad.

The del sol is pretty impractical though as it's strictly a 2 seater. the boot is pretty big though and being shorter in length and wheelbase than even an EG civic - parking and manouverability is very good.

The integra ? hrm is a lot more practical - 4/5 seater with a large hatch area - better for audio than Del Sol I'd say.. The B18C2 (VTiR integra) has more power and a lot more torque than a AUS B16A2 however most VTiR's have been thrashed over the past 15 years by many many ricers etc. mind you it's hard to find a del sol without some bodykit or big chrome wheels and stick-on vinyl graphics etc.. but the relatively high re-sale value of Del Sols has kept them out of reach of most ricers out there..

from my experience - the DC2 chassis is great (in Type R form) but the VTiR/GSi chassis just doesnt do anything for me. Comparing to an old Accord.. you're losing all of your sportyness for a more comfortable ride etc. Those old VTi-S accords are brilliant cars - one of the best all round cars built by honda.. but when you're considering an EG2 or a DC2.. apples and oranges.

Like SINSTR said - take em both for a drive.

NightKids
23-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Anyone know the 0-100km time for a Del Slow?

VTec1987
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Del sol is not that heavy as people think it is, the stock weight is 1115 and Eg Vti Stock weight is 1051kg.

64kg heavier over the Eg Vti, u gotta remember that b16a is heavy then a d16y1

Anyone know the exact weight difference between d series and b series.

Snoop_gee
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
x 2 :thumbsup::cool:

2ds
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Del Sol? damn yanks. The gen 3 is heavy for what it is because of the targa top, the chassis needs to be braced to accomodate for lack of strength.

0-100 is more or less the same as a vti-r civic, 7.x seconds.

I listen to everyone complain about the lack of torque with the b16 but I've never really noticed an issue, I'm not ****ing towing a trailor I'm driving around in a 2 seater buzz box. Go take one for a drive see if it bothers you, personally I like revving the crap outof my car =)

Mikecivic78
01-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm getting a little tired of mine (b16a), you have to put a fair bit of work into it to keep it 'on the boil'. It gets tiring after a while. If u let it fall below 3000rpm between gearchanges, you are screwed.