PDA

View Full Version : My new 2008 CL9

kevbo
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi, first post here. My first Honda too. Picked it up yesterday in Cape Town.

I wasn't happy with the stock Honda leather so had it redone by some local auto trimmers. I'm really happy with the result. What do you guys think?

nickxau
02-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Congrats on your purchase! :thumbsup:

How much did the re-trim cost ya?

kevbo
02-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Congrats on your purchase! :thumbsup:

How much did the re-trim cost ya?

R8500 (South African Rand)

power_of_dreams
02-12-2009, 09:13 PM
looks like a pretty good job

kevbo
02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
looks like a pretty good job

yes and the pic's don't do it justice. It will give BMW factory fitted leather a run for its money in my opinion.

kimnkk
02-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow the retrim looks great! I thought it was the CU2 for a second!

tony1234
03-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Looks good but wouldn't you have been better off saving your money and retrimming it when the OEM leather started to look a bit worn after a few years?BTW what colour leather is it?Hard to see in those pics.

Xplodin
03-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Umm i'm not a fan of the retrim... But i spoz its what sets us all apart. I like the stock leather... Looks like the Mazda leather now....

Quest
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi, first post here. My first Honda too. Picked it up yesterday in Cape Town.

Welcome kevbo....greetings from Johannesburg

kevbo
03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Looks good but wouldn't you have been better off saving your money and retrimming it when the OEM leather started to look a bit worn after a few years?BTW what colour leather is it?Hard to see in those pics.

Hi, 3 Reasons:
1. The OEM upholstery is a combination of leather and vinyl.
2. Is was already looking tacky. I guess the previous owner didn't look after it. Only a year old though.
3. When you get a new car you want everything perfect from the onset ;) Well I do anyway :)

Colour is a very dark grey (not black)

EDIT: Another reason - I managed to get the dealer to knock the amount (to re-trim) off the price of the vehicle.

tony1234
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi, 3 Reasons:
2. Is was already looking tacky. I guess the previous owner didn't look after it. Only a year old though.
3. When you get a new car you want everything perfect from the onset ;) Well I do anyway :)

Ah,ok.So you got the whole seat retrimed in leather?Not just the facings like OEM.

kevbo
03-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Ah,ok.So you got the whole seat retrimed in leather?Not just the facings like OEM.

Correct.

Quest
03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi, 3 Reasons:

EDIT: Another reason - I managed to get the dealer to knock the amount (to re-trim) off the price of the vehicle.

Quite impressive for the 1st mod....do you plans for further mods on the ride?

Do you not post on www.hondaboys.co.za (your local Cape Town Honda forum)?

kevbo
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Quite impressive for the 1st mod....do you plans for further mods on the ride?

Do you not post on www.hondaboys.co.za (your local Cape Town Honda forum)?

Hi

Didn't know about the Honda Boys site. Will check it out.

Only other mod I want to do right now would be Ipod/Mp3 support and maybe blue tooth. Based on your signature you may be able to help with some local suppliers/parts?

kevbo
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Something else I may consider http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1889066&postcount=6

Quest
03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi

Didn't know about the Honda Boys site. Will check it out.

Only other mod I want to do right now would be Ipod/Mp3 support and maybe blue tooth. Based on your signature you may be able to help with some local suppliers/parts?
I sent you private message with my cell no, 3 options you can explore, if you bank with
FNB I may have a free solution Call me

Aslam
03-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Howzit Kevbo
Welcome....and that retrim looks nice bud.
Oh, I am from South Africa too...
2 local honda forums are the hondaboys.com mostly CT area
and hondaracing.za.org mostly JHB guys.....pop in and say hi sometime...