PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro 04 performace mods

eurosx
03-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone would like to share what they think is best for enhancing performance on the Accord Euro 04, I just recently bought one and thought maybe a little bit more power would be good,

thanks for help in advance :)

aaronng
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Search the Accord Euro section and you will find a lot of information. Best power gain value would be headers, best handling mod for your $$ would be the rear sway bar.

eurosx
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Cheers for your help Aaronng,

Im reading in the Euro section and there is heaps of stuff about headers, but cant seem to find anything about the rear sway bar, Any recommendations on were I can look for one, Maybe good prices/ brands :)

Thanks

aaronng
03-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Cheers for your help Aaronng,

Im reading in the Euro section and there is heaps of stuff about headers, but cant seem to find anything about the rear sway bar, Any recommendations on were I can look for one, Maybe good prices/ brands :)

Thanks

There is a stickied thread at the top with useful threads listed in it. There are 2 sway bar threads listed which will tell you about the Comptech and also the Whiteline. Other brands include Selby and Swift.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10844

oongie
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
First mod I did was headers + cat = WIN!
Catback exhaust, intake, ecu nowhere near the jump in performance given by the headers + cat.
You will always need more power LOL

eurosx
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Cheers for your reply Oongie,

Yeh always more power haha, It's too addictive, and the car is great just needs bit of a kick, and thanks for the heads up.. Ill definatly look into the headers and cat, But just to know... Is it too loud? lot more fuel consumption? and what you rekon of a POD filter? worth it?

aaronng
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Cheers for your reply Oongie,

Yeh always more power haha, It's too addictive, and the car is great just needs bit of a kick, and thanks for the heads up.. Ill definatly look into the headers and cat, But just to know... Is it too loud? lot more fuel consumption? and what you rekon of a POD filter? worth it?

Headers and cat alone don't substantially increase the exhaust volume. Definitely quieter than an aftermarket exhaust.

A pod filter will such in hot air and not give power gains unless you use a cold air intake, which then puts you at risk of sucking water in if you drive through deep pools of water.

ig3o
03-12-2009, 05:41 PM
id say get intake first from my experience.. u can notice ur car change from car A to car B..

tony1234
04-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Get headers 1st.then intake then hi flow cat then cat back if you haven't run out of money!!

Xplodin
04-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Tony, What type of headders do you have?

oongie
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM
I would say headers + cat if you can, depends on the headers as some headers will not work with std cat. But intake should still be up there on the list.

eurosx
04-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks all for your replys and help :) much appriciated,

I'm not quite sure if I would do Cat back cause I'm over the loud exhaust and crap, Just sort of wanted bit more power with it's comfy classy ride style, Thinking of putting rim on it and yeh thats about it, With headers.. Any recommendations on brand or best place to go?

Thanks every one, Really cool :) Glad I got a Honda

tony1234
05-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Tony, What type of headders do you have?
Comptech.Got them 2nd.hand for $500(8mths.old)from a guy here that was parting out his Euro.With our good exchange rate you can get them now for approx.$790.00 delivered to your door from Heeltoe in the states.

tony1234
05-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks all for your replys and help :) much appriciated,

I'm not quite sure if I would do Cat back cause I'm over the loud exhaust and crap, Just sort of wanted bit more power with it's comfy classy ride style, Thinking of putting rim on it and yeh thats about it, With headers.. Any recommendations on brand or best place to go?

Thanks every one, Really cool :) Glad I got a Honda
Look here!!Price in brackets is AU$ plus shipping.http://www.heeltoeauto.com/product.php?productid=45259&cat=660&page=1

Crapdaz
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
HEADERS mainly because the euro lacks grunt on stock headers.

damienm
08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
a turbo would be great for enhancing power in the euro

aaronng
08-12-2009, 03:18 PM
a turbo would be great for enhancing power in the euro

Too many things to change just to support a turbo though. Plus, we don't really have a proper ECU for it. Last I checked in the turbo Euro thread, they were going to try a different ECU?

tony1234
08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I just got hold of a Haltech Interceptor Platinum cheap out of an 08 Euro with I,H,E.Getting my car serviced this Friday then off to Adrian at Toda next week for him to install and tune it.I'll report back after it gets done with my findings.:p

Xplodin
09-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I just got hold of a Haltech Interceptor Platinum cheap out of an 08 Euro with I,H,E.Getting my car serviced this Friday then off to Adrian at Toda next week for him to install and tune it.I'll report back after it gets done with my findings.:p
niceeee niceeeeeeeeeee

tony1234
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM
niceeee niceeeeeeeeeee
Yeah i hope so.I've been told by Adrian that i'll pickup approx.15kw in the mid and approx.5kw at the top.mmmmm.

euromandeluxe
09-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I've been told by Adrian that i'll pickup approx.15kw in the mid and approx.5kw at the top.mmmmm.

*droooooooool*

SRVTIR
10-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Second that!

Get headers 1st.then intake then hi flow cat then cat back