PDA

View Full Version : Price for Honda Civic 2009 Auto VTI

goblin5566
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys,
Just seeing if anyone can help out here. I am in the market for a new car:

Honda Civic Auto VTI (the base model)

Looking around it seems that almost all of the dealers are offering $25,000 drive away (including metallic paint).

Based on that I feel that I could possibly get a better price considering everyone is offering that without negotiation.
However, I want to get it for $24,000 (including metallic paint) and 5 year warranty.

Is that too unreasonable? Just seeing how much did you guys pay from your and which dealership.

Help would be really appreciated. Its very annoying that the whole car industry isn't transparent. So, you don't know dealing with dealers whether you getting ripped off or not. I don't mind paying $25,000 if I am sure that on else is paying lesser than that. I actually got offer for $24,500 today.

FDBenni
03-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Id assume you checked out this thread?
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60141

From what I have observed it looks like it's possible to get it down to 24k with no extras.

goblin5566
03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
thanks a lot for that. I wasnt able to find a thread such as that earlier.
cheers

FDBenni
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
It's cool. Just make sure you check towards the end of the thread because 80% of the thread is for the 06-08 model. 09 had a facelift AND a price increase so you can't compare 08 and earlier.

goblin5566
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
yeah. I figured that. However, it is very useful to get an idea. So, its seems 24K might be too far fetched. So, my aim will be to get 24,500K drive away including metallic paint and extended warranty. Atleast I know that should be reasonable for the dealer as well.

blugok
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi goblin,
saw your post on ozb...
I'm in the market too for the new Civic.
So far, the best price I could get was $25000 (free metallic paint, full tank, tint)

On the honda website, they are currently having Dec driveaway special promotion with free extended warranty, road assist and free metallic paint.
(I think that Road assist is pretty much useless.)

$24000 seems to be nice price if we can haggle and still get say free tint, mats

Let me know how you go and PM me which dealer =)

PS: I also find this info on the Honda website
Honda Australia will pass on import duty savings on many of its popular models to new car buyers effective immediately. This is 30 days ahead of the Federal Government’s tariff reduction on imported passenger cars from 10 to 5 per cent scheduled for January 1st 2010.
Honda’s Thai built models are ineligible for the duty decrease, due to the existing Free Trade Agreement between Australia and Thailand

(so on and so on... too long) =P

goblin5566
05-12-2009, 07:35 AM
thanks for that. Best ive got so far is 24,370 with fuel and some cheap accessory. However, I wouldn't recommend that dealer to anyone and wont actually go with him as he stuff me around. Initially agreed on 24,000 and later (after speaking to manager) this was the best he could do.
Neways, this is the target dealer deal for me. Anyone who can match this is the winner.
Seems 24K might be not possible for these guys to do as their margins must be really low.
I'll let you know how I go. I should have to car this weekend. Luckily there are plenty of honda dealers in sydney. Been to 4 so far and there are still heaps to go.
thanks. just wondering how much does the tint cost in general.

FDBenni
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
good work mate atleast you have a figure to work around now. Tint from the dealer cost around $800 from memory. I'd suggest go aftermarket which cost $300-$400.

goblin5566
16-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Finally bought the honda civic last week. Had issues with some dealers but finally found a really good dealer who did a price match and suprisingly really nice. I paid $24,500 with mettalic paint and extended warranty (this was a special end of year promo from Honda anyways). The dealer threw in Luggage Tray and Matts as well. I am pretty satisfied.

Reclus
17-12-2009, 01:25 AM
goblin
make sure you ask for the making year of ur car aka MY09 (built in 09) or MY08 (built in 08)
coz it's a lot different when you sell your car (if u do) in the future as it would be a year older if it's a MY08

jjeetthh
21-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi goblin,
saw your post on ozb...
I'm in the market too for the new Civic.
So far, the best price I could get was $25000 (free metallic paint, full tank, tint)

On the honda website, they are currently having Dec driveaway special promotion with free extended warranty, road assist and free metallic paint.
(I think that Road assist is pretty much useless.)

$24000 seems to be nice price if we can haggle and still get say free tint, mats

Let me know how you go and PM me which dealer =)

PS: I also find this info on the Honda website
Honda Australia will pass on import duty savings on many of its popular models to new car buyers effective immediately. This is 30 days ahead of the Federal Government’s tariff reduction on imported passenger cars from 10 to 5 per cent scheduled for January 1st 2010.
Honda’s Thai built models are ineligible for the duty decrease, due to the existing Free Trade Agreement between Australia and Thailand

(so on and so on... too long) =P

Hi, I've read about the Dec driveaway special that includes the 2 year extended warranty. I realised that it was not included in my quotation when i bought my Honda Civic MY09 VTI Auto (2010 compliant) last Dec 27. I haven't got the car yet, although I was promised to get it mid Jan2010. I just received a call from them today telling me that the earliest that I could get it is on Feb4. I was able to grab a pdf copy of the flier fot the extended warranty but it was just for the 2009 Manual? But goblin was able to get the additional 2 year warranty for his VTI Auto.

Should I demand that I get the 2year extended warranty?

PS.
Is the full tank included in the Dec sale as well?

Thanks heaps!!!

fitme
21-01-2010, 07:48 PM

you can demand but ...

I realised that it was not included in my quotation when i bought my Honda Civic MY09 VTI Auto (2010 compliant) last Dec 27.

you already signed the contract so i think there is no chance you can get the extra 2yrs

JOhnnyFD
21-01-2010, 08:54 PM
had a read through the NRMA Open Road Magazine Jan/Feb 2010 edition and the car price guide shows on average car prices have gone up year to year

Honda Civic VTI-L 1.8L 5speed Auto
2006 $21,420
2007 $22,680
2008 $23,520
2009 $28,990

UNLS1
22-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi, I've read about the Dec driveaway special that includes the 2 year extended warranty. I realised that it was not included in my quotation when i bought my Honda Civic MY09 VTI Auto (2010 compliant) last Dec 27. I haven't got the car yet, although I was promised to get it mid Jan2010. I just received a call from them today telling me that the earliest that I could get it is on Feb4. I was able to grab a pdf copy of the flier fot the extended warranty but it was just for the 2009 Manual? But goblin was able to get the additional 2 year warranty for his VTI Auto.

PS.
Is the full tank included in the Dec sale as well?

Thanks heaps!!!

tank of fuel does not have to be included by dealer, if u asked for one during the negotiations u will get it, if not, then u wont as they dont have to.

u dont get the ext warranty as u are getting a 2010 plated car, the offer is only for 2009 plated cars.

CivicVTI
25-01-2010, 10:34 PM
How can you tell the difference between MY10 and MY09? Does it say somewhere under the hood? I know MY10 has the extra airbags standard on the VTI model. But how can we check without activating the airbags? :P

ivtecep3
25-01-2010, 10:40 PM
hey bud are u from s.e melb? i know a guy from wing chun that works in sales. gimme a pm if ur intrested i can help u out getting good prices..he works at doncaster honda in melb