PDA

View Full Version : Ballooning Radiator Hose

Sexc86
03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey guys,

Bit of a noobish hose. Have a few concerns. My d16 eg vti's top radiator hose is starting to balloon slightly after driving, also the car is starting to eat coolant slowly. Currnently running a 2 core aluminium radiator, 1.35 bar cap, factory rubber hoses. Starting to worry that it will fail soon and burst / split.

Is it that the hose is reaching the end of its life? the reason its starting to balloon and loose shape? .. or .. there is a problem with the pressure of the cooling system / engine and if i replace it with a brand new hose it will still baloon.

Any feedback would be great guys

Thanks in advance

Regards Lyle

90LAN
03-12-2009, 05:20 PM
just old hoses lyle

best to get some new ones

by the way usdm cars would be nothing without jdm parts
just to let you know

Sexc86
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
cheers for the feedback champ!

tekung89
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
replace the hose, jus to be on the safe side, u dnt wanna end up on the side of the road, the tow money would be enough to buy urself new radiator hoses.

also open ur radiator cap and start the car wen its coold down, if there is continuos bubbles u have issues and it may be a reason why pressure is building up. hopefully its jus old hoses.

VT3C
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I had the same problem and replaced the hoses and good-as-gold.

BTW I know someone with an EG hatch sunroof Glass - send me a PM if you like.

DLO01
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Hoses are just old Lyle. Just replace them.

Keep and eye on you water level.

hisoka
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
just wondering does your car rev at 3000rpm for a while when you start it. even when hot ? then goes down.

having same problem on freinds car

~Sp33~
14-12-2009, 11:02 AM
d start the car wen its coold down, if there is continuos bubbles u have issues and it may be a reason why pressure is building up. hopefully its jus old hoses.

This. You could be on your way to a bad head gasket if it's using water (and not just leaking it).

Check for white smoke at high RPM. Definitely just change the hose first though, no use getting worried over something that could be minor :)