PDA

View Full Version : Pedders Suspension for EG.

Henessaayyy
03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Anyone had experience with Pedders suspension on a EG?
Im looking more towards the sports rider suspension, unless someone is capable of directing me towards a better setup for roughly the same price.

vinnY
03-12-2009, 11:47 PM
whats the price?

teh_mechanic
05-12-2009, 09:22 AM
dont want to be a killjoy but from my experience pedders is pretty overpriced on most of their range. sometimes you find a surprisingly low price on a specific item. but generally you can get a better product than pedders for a lower price, for instance last time i priced springs for an eg i found some eibachs for less than pedders sports ryder. look around

Jarkz
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Interested in how sportsriders perform on an EG, anyone got them?

Henessaayyy
06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
dont want to be a killjoy but from my experience pedders is pretty overpriced on most of their range. sometimes you find a surprisingly low price on a specific item. but generally you can get a better product than pedders for a lower price, for instance last time i priced springs for an eg i found some eibachs for less than pedders sports ryder. look around

spank you very much ! will look into it.
i just wanted something so i could slam my car, ill probably just get some aftermarket shocks for the meantime :thumbsup:[

teh_mechanic
07-12-2009, 11:21 AM
if your going to get shocks and then you want to slam your car later watch out for what you buy.

Running standard length shocks on lowered springs will see your shocks die pretty quickly. When you run lowered springs you should use them with shortened stroke shocks, most aftermarket brands will make these. Its just a shock that is optimised to be used in the stroke range of where your lowered springs make the car sit. will make your shocks last alot longer

Henessaayyy
07-12-2009, 08:33 PM
in regards to shortened shock length or stroke range - most - if not all aftermarket suspension brands have these. so then, if i was to go to pedders and say i want shocks and want to dump my car 3 inches - they'll get me a shock to suit this drop right?

alot of them dont recommend anything more than 2 inch drop - i think thats all ill need - so will pedders be alright or will they die out sooner rather than later ?

WATAJK
07-12-2009, 09:19 PM
You guys do know that pedders are designed for our roads so they will give you a very comfortable ride regardless of your choice..
If you were to choose king springs = Very bumpy as they are designed for American roads.
Hope that gives you an idea of why pedders tend to be more expensive

dinorider
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
there are many better suspension tuning shops out there besides Pedders.

Pedders' main target market is regular folks and bogans looking to slam their smoky old fuel guzzling commondores.

It's easy to think 'ah let's just go to Pedders', because they advertise so heavily everywhere. But Pedders is a franchised brand, so there's a high chance the chap behind the counter isn't as knowledgeable as a guy in a real tuning shop.

A proper suspension shop with track car experience and cred will do the job once, do it right, and won't sell you crap. The trouble with these good shops is that they don't advertise, and most of their customers come in by word of mouth. If you're in Melbourne I could tell you where to go, but too bad you're not.

dinorider
08-12-2009, 09:55 AM
If you were to choose king springs = Very bumpy as they are designed for American roads.

Mega Fail.
Where did you hear that from?

fact:
King Springs is a Aussie brand based in QLD.

King Springs are almost unheard of in the USA.

King Springs are seen and 'bumpy' because in fact they mostly have low springs rates and it's more 'soft' than bumpy.

You guys do know that pedders are designed for our roads so they will give you a very comfortable ride regardless of your choice..

LOL. You sound like you're parroting some Pedders advertising slogan. Most Pedders shocks are really just rebadged Monroes.

aozora
08-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Mega Fail.
Where did you hear that from?

fact:
King Springs is a Aussie brand based in QLD.

King Springs are almost unheard of in the USA.

King Springs are seen and 'bumpy' because in fact they mostly have low springs rates and it's more 'soft' than bumpy.

+1

http://www.kingsprings.com/company_profile.htm

Why an Aussie company who would have easy access to the AUDM cars, our road surfaces etc would design for the US solely... really beats me.
WATAJK did you get this info from Pedders or some random? :p

And King springs are ONLY bumpy because people don't upgrade/match the shocks/dampers at the same time. It's purely user setup fault :) But matched with good swaybars, Kings are great for a daily sporty drive...

Any back to topic - try Whiteline gear. For comfort and good handling, so far, they have really good setups. Probably not the best but package wise, recommended.
www.whiteline.com.au
Depending on where you are - I'm pretty sure they would have an rep store near you...
Sydney - Whiteline are based here
Melbourne - Centreline suspension
Other cities not sure...

Price wise I'm not sure but give Whiteline a call and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction :)

hisoka
08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
whiteline if your on a budget. pretty good shit. better then king springs thats for sure.

my old ek had king springs, and it was the lamest shit ever.

Henessaayyy
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Hmm. I was looking at K-Sports. Anyone had experience with these on Sydney roads and Australia tracks? I know there are a few different setups to go for, but I'd more than likely go with something that hasn't got adjustable damper.

I'll more than likely combine all this with DC2R sway bars and ASR sub frame to keep it all stiff and steady.

Suspension is the hardest choice as I want something on a budget - but still impressive and long lasting.

im.Kusuma
23-12-2009, 03:13 AM
my older bro had pedders on his EG, 3" lowered all round with stock shocks.. it was comfy! he got it for $200 for 4 and installed it ourselves.. Turned out good. handling was fine! stable :)

The X Man
27-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I had lowered kings in my previous car and couldn't wait to get the fkrs out. They were as bumpy as all hell, even with new suitable shocks. Ended up putting in Lovells and the ride was much better.

That said i recently went to Pedders to get a quote to drop my Euro and was quoted a staggering $880.00 and that was the Pedders springs using my OEM shocks and installation. I told them to shove it up their arse.

rahul
31-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I think with pedders, it pays to shop around because most of them are franchised and the prices seem to vary from shop to shop.

You need to work out what are you trying to achieve from lowering rather than going by brand alone.

As far as brands, do some research on how they are made (cold wound, hot wound), material, spring rates etc.

At the end of the day, what is comfortable for someone else may not be comfortable for you and visa versa. Also the roads, (assuming you're from sydney). I can turn up my koni yellow's to the hardest setting and think its comfortable on the m4 but take it on parra road and its another story! so you have to compromise there.

4age8u
04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
pedders the biggest rip off ever..try fulcrum lol