PDA

View Full Version : 95 Accord Antenna - Disconnect?

soulchild_19
04-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share their knowledge on disconnecting the electrical antenna in the Accord?
Mine is currently stuck 'up' and I just want to diconnect it altogether so that it permanently stays down. I never listen to the radio anyway and I've been having a few problems parking the car in the garage due to the antenna being too tall. Any help, step-by-step instructions would be much appreciated!

:D

euro_tr4sh
04-12-2009, 11:18 PM
if its stuck up its probably not receiving any power or a signal to go back down so just disconnecting probably wont help, either go to a car audio shop and get them to fix it up (labour for an hour usually cost between 75-90 dollars) or snap it off haha

grifty
05-12-2009, 01:26 AM
im sure you can find the antenna assembly behind the obe of the panels in the boot, all you gotta do once you find it is to dissconnect all the wires from it.

euro_tr4sh
05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
like i said, they need power to go down... disconnecting the wires from it wont make it go down, the antennas busted, antenna relay/fuse is busted etc... the only way it will go down is if you fix it or snap th c*nt off

grifty
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
or you could just push it down it doesnt take much force

xenonkuraz
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM
like i said, they need power to go down... disconnecting the wires from it wont make it go down, the antennas busted, antenna relay/fuse is busted etc... the only way it will go down is if you fix it or snap th c*nt off

I don't recommend this as it will look terrible. Just give the mast a push down.

poizon
14-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I have a similar problem except mine would only go up half way. As a result the antenna motor will grind a little on its way up.

I'll explore the boot's OBE tonight.