PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Ingalls Camber+Toe arms

JN7
04-12-2009, 11:37 PM
So I was installing my Ingalls camber and toe arms with my mate and I bumped into a few problems.

1) Is the shorter tube or longer tube the camber arm?
2) On the passenger rear side, the toe arm looks like it has some sort of screw on top of it in the middle whereas the other side does not. What do I do about this?
3) When we installed the camber on the driver's rear side, the arm is still loose. As in it still moves slightly side to side (when facing hub straight on).
4) And also, I was told to use threadlocker (medium strength) but am unsure where to use it.

Any help would be awesome guys. Thanks a bunch

PS. I have searched and have been unable to find answers.

Crapdaz
09-12-2009, 07:03 AM
If you haven't removed it then match the arms, if i recall i think the longer one was the toe (further from the rear) and camber is (closer to the rear).

2) On the passenger rear side, the toe arm looks like it has some sort of screw on top of it in the middle whereas the other side does not. What do I do about this?
your car is luxury?
That is the headlight level adjustment, it adjusts to the level of the road in conjunction with suspension geometry.

3) When we installed the camber on the driver's rear side, the arm is still loose. As in it still moves slightly side to side (when facing hub straight on).
You will need some threadlocker (e.g loctite) on 1 end of the kit of each arm, and the other nut can be tightened manually.

4) And also, I was told to use threadlocker (medium strength) but am unsure where to use it.
Threadlocker = used on the thread (one end only).

HOPE THIS HELPED.

dAZ

SRVTIR
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Just take it to a mechanic man.

They will charge you another 40 bux extra even after you take it too him to get them to set up the camber for you.

up to you bro, but i took mine to jaxx and they did an awesome job! :)

[ IV 23 VI ]
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah man its only $40 to install at a mechanic..

VTi_b0i
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
is it worth it? lol if i only lower the car 1.5inches with Eibach springs, will i really neeed the camber kit? im looking to get her lowered after xmas

SRVTIR
11-12-2009, 07:17 AM
not that low man.. probably wont make much diff.. having a camber kit.

The way i saw it, when i wanted to go lower, i knew i had the camber kit to dial it in.. with stock,. you got nuttin! lol so if your planning on dumping it later on, then maybe a camber kit is a definite yes..

racerwannabe
11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
u dont need to as long as ur happy with de amount of camber wear on on tyres..personally i like a bit of camber at de rear..purely superficial for me tho :)

ORLANDO
13-05-2010, 10:56 AM
If you haven't removed it then match the arms, if i recall i think the longer one was the toe (further from the rear) and camber is (closer to the rear).

your car is luxury?
That is the headlight level adjustment, it adjusts to the level of the road in conjunction with suspension geometry.

You will need some threadlocker (e.g loctite) on 1 end of the kit of each arm, and the other nut can be tightened manually.

Threadlocker = used on the thread (one end only).

HOPE THIS HELPED.

dAZ

So what happens to this sensor on point 2)???? when you take off the original arm and replace it with the Ingalls?? It sounds like its better to get the upper SPC arm so we dont mess around with the sensor?
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9760407

Crapdaz
13-05-2010, 11:51 AM
sensor in point 2 can have custom mount for it to fix it.
When i had it on i only used a small section rubber hose wrapped around the arm in the middle w/ 2 hose clamps holding it in place.

I cut the hose so that it had a flap sticking upwards and drilled hole through it and screwed the sensor arm in it.

SPC might not sound like a hassle but i just read on the acurazine forum that it requires a ball joint tool to remove it thus why alot of ppl buy ingalls.

The only problem i found with the ingalls it was very hard to tighten the nuts as they keep coming loose from driving around (vibrations) - camber/toe does not change though only nuts come loose.

and the ingalls is better in terms of that you get the extra arm to adjust the toe angle, where as SPC only has camber adjustment.

ORLANDO
13-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I dont really like the sounds of that cusotm mount etc, would rather make the least mods as possible, so it sounds like the SPC kit is a better option, the mechanics have ball joint removal tools etc. The original toe arm can be adjusted on the Euro from what ive read.

tony1234
13-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I dont really like the sounds of that cusotm mount etc, would rather make the least mods as possible, so it sounds like the SPC kit is a better option, the mechanics have ball joint removal tools etc. The original toe arm can be adjusted on the Euro from what ive read.

I have the Eibach kit but its rebadged SPC.I've only had to have it adjusted once in nearly 4 years.

Crapdaz
13-05-2010, 07:52 PM
yeh i don't think they do SPC anymore from heasman.
I spoke with them today.

ORLANDO
14-05-2010, 02:08 PM
can u change just the lower Camber arm and not change the bottom toe arm with the Ingalls kit?

aaronng
14-05-2010, 02:57 PM
The only problem i found with the ingalls it was very hard to tighten the nuts as they keep coming loose from driving around (vibrations) - camber/toe does not change though only nuts come loose.

You must use blue threadlocker. This is because the original nuts that Honda uses are locking nuts (you can see the locking tabs on the upper face). Mine went loose, but after using threadlocket, they stayed in place after that.

aaronng
14-05-2010, 02:57 PM
can u change just the lower Camber arm and not change the bottom toe arm with the Ingalls kit?

Yes you can.

Crapdaz
14-05-2010, 10:23 PM
You must use blue threadlocker. This is because the original nuts that Honda uses are locking nuts (you can see the locking tabs on the upper face). Mine went loose, but after using threadlocket, they stayed in place after that.

yeh i know aaron i should have done it the first time, didn't expect them to come loose. hahaha planning on lowering the euro again.... hahaha wasting more money.... then jo will kill me

aaronng
14-05-2010, 11:46 PM
yeh i know aaron i should have done it the first time, didn't expect them to come loose. hahaha planning on lowering the euro again.... hahaha wasting more money.... then jo will kill me

Lower it a little bit so she thinks that the springs have sagged. hehehe

tony1234
15-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Lower it a little bit so she thinks that the springs have sagged. hehehe
Yeah thats what i did.My wife never knew i lowered mine till she drove it and i told her.

ORLANDO
15-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Ok, all done this morning......my rear camber results are -2 degrees 2 minutes on Left and -1 degree 50 minutes on right, toe was corrected since it was -3.5 and -6.3.

The pro kit lowered the car 60mm at the front (should have been 40mm) and 27mm at the rear (should have been 35mm)......dont know why, it now has a raked look, not bad, i think i just need to get used to it.......

Crapdaz
17-05-2010, 06:03 PM
sounds about right on the camber/toe when you get lowered.

any photos?

ORLANDO
17-05-2010, 06:21 PM
sounds about right on the camber/toe when you get lowered.

any photos?

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/508/P5150052.JPG (http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8163&title=my-ride&cat=508)