PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Type R Identification URGENT

tseesinngwailo
07-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi All,

I have been searching for the last hour trying to find this..

I am hoping to buy a Type R Integra in the next week, and I want to know for sure what I need to look at to make certain it's a genuine Type R

What identifies it?

The VIN plate on the firewall and the small blue plate on the radiator support do not say Type R at all, just DC2

it does have the rear chassis bar that looks factory welded, and a B18C7

But I want to make CERTAIN, if I dont and I ever have to explain to my wife, i am in for a world of pain, its taken years to get her to agree to me buying it

and i want a real Type R

so any help/advice greatly appreciated

Tseesinngwailo

Giraffe
07-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm pretty sure if it has a b18c7, it shouldn't have a blue tag in the radiator suppourt unless it has a jdm front.

any pics ?

tseesinngwailo
07-12-2009, 07:48 AM
I dont have pics yet, but wondering if anyone else does? as in if someone can show me what i am looking for, then i will have a better idea when i go back to see the car, it has the build number plate near the gearshift and carbon dash bits etc, recaros are black with red stitching.
I just thought the model plate would have said DC2-R or similar

RR-04-RR
07-12-2009, 07:52 AM
b18c7 engine
Carbon Interior
Recaros (depending on colour of the car though)
5 stud (main one to look out for)
The tag number under the handbrake

look at for these and about 95% of the time.. it'll be a type R

GSi_PSi
07-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Well no sunroof would be the biggest indentification (yes i know some type-Rs came with dealer fitted custom sunroofs and some DC4's came with no sunroofs) , then go from there 5-studed rims, B18C7 engine, Usual ITR interior, No door moulds, Rear Chassis brace, Rear Strut Bar etc

tseesinngwailo
07-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys, hopefully by the weekend I will be the owner of an R :)

It does not have a sunroof, and no side mouldings, 5 lug ITR wheels in white
and based on lots of other things I am sure it's an R, but am still surprised that there is no identification on the VIN plates

Cheers
Chris

tseesinngwailo
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I just got the below response from Honda Australia, which confirms my happiness, but no servicing history? does that mean since being sold it NEVER got serviced even once at a Honda dealership??

Dear Mr Chris

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that the vin JHMDC2xxxxxxxx is recorded in our database as a
Model Integra, Grade Type R. The Colour is W3-Championship White and year model is

Our records do not show any servicing interval history, this means it has not been
serviced by Authorised Honda Dealerships.

Regards

Honda Customer Service

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Sorry Chris but I laughed hard.

Yes, Yes that would be correct.

Though in saying that if the engine is in good shape, who cares? right?

SiReal
07-12-2009, 03:41 PM
and look at the subframe as well (rear sway bar area). type Rs have a massive meaty one... normal teg's are just small shitty ones.

Zilli
07-12-2009, 04:15 PM
looks like you got the confirmation you need from the dealer...

make sure you post photos up when you buy it!

closed