PDA

View Full Version : RSM Question

Eclipsor
25-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok, well this could turn out to be possibly the stupidist thing I have ever done. Add embarrasing by telling all you about it now. ;) I have a 94 breeze and have just bought an apexi rsm meter since I don't have a tacho etc etc... anyway. Silly me assumed I could just hook it up like a normal tacho. Turns out that it connects to the ecu. Assumptions, the mother of all f*ckups right? A breeze dosn't have an ecu does it. So finally before I try other options like seeing if hondar will let me return it. hi hondar. Or selling it off. Is there any other way of hooking it up? thanks. I sold my ipod to get this so right about now I am kicking myself in the nads repeatedly.

_Daniel
25-11-2004, 08:53 PM
not sure about the breeze ECU situation, but u'll need to splice it into u'r ECU wires
theres no other way :(

Limbo
25-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you've got an ecu unless you have a carby civic? :wave:

nobbs
25-11-2004, 09:39 PM
the breeze civic is carby

hey dude if u end up selling it pm me, im interested in getting one

Eclipsor
25-11-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah the breeze is a carby. the 94 is a bit different. 1.5L engine. redbook says "single point injected". anyone know what that means? but yeah there's nothing under the front seats where I gather it would be. Thanks for that Daniel. Guess I'll look for other options.

egSi
26-11-2004, 09:27 AM
seen an auto electrician man? im sure there is wa y to hook it up, nice buy btw rsm's r nice!!! :thumbsup:

EGBOY
26-11-2004, 02:22 PM
You can still hook it up!.... the ecu is in the passenger footwell on the left hand side! peice of piss to hook up! takes like an hour... more mucking around removing the carpet and placing it in a good spot!

Eclipsor
26-11-2004, 03:27 PM
OMG really!!!! you might possibly have just made my month.

/me goes to have a look for ecu.

found it. I love you... how on earth do you take off the door sills. :cool: from underneath? nm

EGBOY
27-11-2004, 12:22 PM
lift up the edge and pull it up hard...there is about 6 or so clips.... very tough plastic peices that run the full length are hard to break! so giver a good yank!.... then remove the 3 screws holding down the carpetand you have access to your ecu!!!..... look on the net for the terminal pins... cause its diff to the one in the rsm manual! then just splice solder and play! have fun!

Eclipsor
27-11-2004, 01:45 PM
hehe yeah just came back on here to see if anyone knew the pin layout cuz its not there. I'll take a look around. thanks alot man.

Eclipsor
27-11-2004, 03:39 PM
ok I've just spent hours looking on the net for an ecu pinout diagram. does anyone have one or know where I can look/get one. It has a 16pin plug then a 22 pin plug. So frustrated. thanks

Eclipsor
30-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Sorry to bring up this thread again. I'm still trying to determine which wires to connect to. I went to the honda dealer and took some notes fromt a diagram showing where each wire goes. Me being not the car wizard I'm not quite sure if I've decided on the right wires.

I need to connect 4 wires. The ground is easy enough. The 2nd is IG power. I assume this is ignition power. On the diagram there was a wire coming from the ignition switch through a fuse to the ecu. Does this sound like the right one? Or is it one that would come staight from the battery or something? It is blk/yel if it means anything to anyone. 3rd is the rpm. There is a wire straight from the ignition coil (blue). Is this where it would likely come from?

Finally is a speed input. The speed sensor on the diagram had 3 wires coming from it. ground, and two others. One went off to the other side of the ignition switch while branching somewhere (can't remember where the branch went :s). The third went straight to the ecu I think (yel/blue).

Am I on the right track at all? Any opinions welcome. Thanks.