PDA

View Full Version : $1500 paint job

rage_against
07-12-2009, 12:05 PM
has anyone else seen those paint jobs advertised in hot 4s magazine for 1500 bucks? does anyone know if they are actually any good lol

tiksie
07-12-2009, 12:15 PM
You have answered your own question dude.

$1500 won't get you a good paintjob, it will give you a average one.

Depends what you call 'average' aswell.

hisoka
07-12-2009, 12:27 PM
i got a really good paint job for 1500. but not from hot4s.

just find someone who used to do respraying or panel beating

tiksie sold ure seats yet. lol some of my brisbane friends super keen to lowball you

rage_against
07-12-2009, 12:28 PM
are you being serious or are you taking a piss

hisoka
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM
iam being serious.

i couldnt afford the real deal shit. so i paid 1500 to this guy who installs bodykits, and he took my car to a booth and did it

came out mint. been sweet for like 4 years

tiksie
07-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Same colour respray or different colour hisoka ?

i got a really good paint job for 1500. but not from hot4s.

just find someone who used to do respraying or panel beating

tiksie sold ure seats yet. lol some of my brisbane friends super keen to lowball you

Sold while ago

hisoka
07-12-2009, 12:43 PM
differnt colour. car was green honda style. got is resprayed full midnight purple, till the door jams. and got a front STI lip put on, some side skirts and a rear lip.

kcokla
07-12-2009, 01:53 PM
has anyone else seen those paint jobs advertised in hot 4s magazine for 1500 bucks? does anyone know if they are actually any good lol

care to pm me teh advertisement or website or anything of such nature please.

latinstyle69
07-12-2009, 04:50 PM
you get what you pay for, plus that price is probably just outside and does't include inside like the doors and boot and definitely would not include engine bay.

Limbo
08-12-2009, 04:50 PM
hmm what's the buch who does it?
I need a touchup on my exterior

Giraffe
08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
i reckn you should find friends or ask mates who could help you .
i have a few friends willing to help only if i supply them the paint etc .
so no labour charged, but materials are going to be $$

MrJohn
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
go kenny's at lansvale 300 bux worth of paint will do
sand down ur car urself if u no how prep that sh@t
and u can go get a cfheaper deal at a workshop =)

10 pieces of sand paper or u can just buy the whole pack for 80 bux it hink was p80 or 800 i cant remember

EK1.6LCIV
09-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I'd want to see examples of cars they've done for that price, found 2 private ex-shop workers who hire booths in QLD now who can do cars for around that mark for basic paint on a car that is in excellent condition with no damage to start with

but realistically broken down I have got the following done in the past:
$400 front bar, rear lip (also installed) and lip repainted
$80 for mirrors
$300 for a bonnet

as at the end of the day paint isn't cheap & plastic primer isn't cheap (for repainting that black crap looking plastic on door trims/licence plate surrounds)

painting is worth the extra money being spent on focusing on the fine details, it's an art form and costs accordingly on a car by car basis

soo many variables to look at does your car have:
rust that needs to be repaired
dents that have to be smoothed out
anything like this will see that price rise to a more realistic figure

SRVTIR
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
nahh mate, they are cheap. One clear coat over the car and probably the same for the paint colour. Not to mention they wont went paint your door seals.

A decent job will cost you around 4000 and thats will numerous coats.. and probably even a pearl through the paint..

MrJohn
10-12-2009, 12:08 PM
im telling u just prep it urself saves u alot of cash man.
and yes proper job would be 3 - 4k depending on color too
oh fk it can spray it all the way lol jkz
gonna start my prep early next year FK YEA

VT-11-RR
10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
i had my EM1 painted like 2 years ago for just under 3K
crazy paint job. the car was already white but i just changed it to a lexus white which had pearl in it. This was a top job man

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss341/thegame-01/DSC00461.jpg

tiksie
10-12-2009, 08:57 PM
im telling u just prep it urself saves u alot of cash man.
and yes proper job would be 3 - 4k depending on color too
oh fk it can spray it all the way lol jkz
gonna start my prep early next year FK YEA

I hope you realise that the paint work will reflect on the way you prep it, if you have no idea on prepping or if you haven't prepped before, I suggest you get a paint shop to do the whole thing......................... (this is coming from someone that has painted cars before).

Limbo
10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
yeah i'd rather get someone to do it. I've preped things before it takes alot of time

VT-11-RR
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I hope you realise that the paint work will reflect on the way you prep it, if you have no idea on prepping or if you haven't prepped before, I suggest you get a paint shop to do the whole thing......................... (this is coming from someone that has painted cars before).

i totally agree.

MrJohn
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM

i use to work at a spraypaint garage before and all i did was sand down the cars LOL! pretty freakn long and tiring
and yes we did a home job on my eg before just prep it and it turn out pretty fine after the respray