PDA

View Full Version : integra lock

Chrissy
07-12-2009, 02:43 PM
everytime i lock my car, either with remote or manually, i get a loud screetching sound that u can hear from about 50 metres away.. anyone know what this is ??

slimx
07-12-2009, 03:23 PM
its most likely something inside your door lock

try these:

Lock one of the doors by hand then use the remote to lock it (first try locking passenger door by hand) : if it still makes it that means it could be your driver door
After that try locking the driver door by hand then pressing the remotes lock button if it DOESNT MAKE it its definately your driver door, if it does that means its either both doors or something else.
Make your alarm go off (open the boot, lock the car then close the boot)
When your alarm goes off, if its giving a scrreching noise then its just the siren of the alarm its broken or something.. easy fix.
Could be your door locks, try locking and unlocking with a key

Could be anything but yeh give them a try atleast it'll help u isolate the problem

Chrissy
08-12-2009, 03:28 AM
i went through steps to determine what it was already but thanx anyways.. ive determined that it is something wrong with my driver side lock.. when i lock it by hand or use the key or use the remote it makes that annoying sound.. the door locks properly and everything but its just ****ing annoying sound goes for about 2 seconds

Giraffe
08-12-2009, 09:48 PM
maybe its the central locking on the drivers side, open your door trim and see whats the problem .

Chriskoss
08-12-2009, 11:00 PM
It prob needs some lubricant on the contact metal rubbing points like the lock rods etc

slimx
08-12-2009, 11:15 PM
yeh definately just open up the trim im sure ull find what it is, cant be that hard, worst case.. after you've opened it take a few high quality pics put it up on here maybe some1 on the forum can help u champ

phaz
09-12-2009, 03:34 AM
most probably central locking. I'd open it up and take a look around and try to spot the problem