PDA

View Full Version : High idle

sledgehammer
07-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey guys
i recently bought a integra type s from the auctions. It was a repairable write-off with minimal front damage (no airbag damage). After putting all the running gear back in, it was time to crank it over. All went well until i noticed that once the car was warmed up the idle never drop but stayed on 1500-1600 rpm. There's no codes that come up on the computer as i put the scanner on it, its seems to be more like a vacuum leak but there's no hoses loose, cracked or off that i can see. If it was electrical or something to do with any of the sensors the engine light should come on. I never started the car the day i bought it, so im not sure if the problem was there initially. Has anyone had any similar problems. Throttle body is clean, cable is not stuck its puzzled me. Any help would be much appreciated

Latino CRX
07-12-2009, 04:34 PM
do the K series have a Air Intake screw around the throttle body??

cause u mite just have to re a just the air intake screw to lower the revs which means the less air its suckin in ..

sledgehammer
07-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I dont think so, just had a quick look unless there's something on the underside of the throttle body, i couldn't see any.

Latino CRX
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
ahh k man ... yeh i have never worked on a K before soo im not much help atm :p ...

hope u get it fixed man ..someone on here should be able to help ya..

sledgehammer
07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks dude. Its driving me bonkers :d

beeza
07-12-2009, 05:06 PM
I would have said the idle air screw too.Baring that,the FITV?

but I would think it would have an idle air screw.

sledgehammer
08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, got it all sorted my stubborness got the better of me so the next morning i removed the throttle body and removed the idle speed controller and found that the valve was stuck open. So after a quick clean re-assembled it and fired up the car. All went well idle increased accordingly till it warmed up and drop down accordingly. Thanks anyways

Latino CRX
08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
thats good man atleast wasnt no big ass issue :)