PDA

View Full Version : USDM Headlights.

quangsuke
08-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Shooting out for peoples oppinions in regards to USDM headlights.
I have installed amber globes into my car which switch on when my headlights come on.

I also have fixed the problem of the indicator light to still flash.

Would this get me into a lot of trouble?

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8040/lgim0202.jpg

Boban
08-12-2009, 10:08 AM
i has them on my eg. but i just ran a separate globe to the indictor with a seperate switch to the headlights

geeang
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes, Highway Patrol will get you for this, some people get by with this mod fine but it is illegal and you will be done sooner or later.

b18ctrb
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
So having the side markers on and the headlights is illegal over there?

geeang
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Yep, having turning signals constantly on is illegal here because they're not meant to be operational unless you're actually turning/signalling.

quangsuke
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
well would it matter that i changed the bulbs inside the indicator to OEM? so when i indicate it flashes amber?
still illegal?

geeang
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
OK here is how a lighting system is supposed to be:
You must have parker lights + headlights + high beams + front indicators.
Parker lights/headlights/high beams are to be natural/neutral colours like soft yellow to white.
Indicators must be amber and must not be operational unless you're actually indicating.

Reason for this is because if you have an indicator light that is always on, this may confuse some people as to your intentions when coming up to a turn/light/t-section etc. (trust me, some people really ARE that dumb that they'll believe you're indicating even if they're not flashing).

I think in the US it's ok to have indicators constantly on as long as they flash when indicating (don't quote me on that), but in Australia having indicators on constantly is a big no no.

Just providing you with his info so you know what you're up against and the reasons to be wary of police with your lights.

quangsuke
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
OK here is how a lighting system is supposed to be:
You must have parker lights + headlights + high beams + front indicators.
Parker lights/headlights/high beams are to be natural/neutral colours like soft yellow to white.
Indicators must be amber and must not be operational unless you're actually indicating.

Reason for this is because if you have an indicator light that is always on, this may confuse some people as to your intentions when coming up to a turn/light/t-section etc. (trust me, some people really ARE that dumb that they'll believe you're indicating even if they're not flashing).

I think in the US it's ok to have indicators constantly on as long as they flash when indicating (don't quote me on that), but in Australia having indicators on constantly is a big no no.

Just providing you with his info so you know what you're up against and the reasons to be wary of police with your lights.

that helps alot. thanks