PDA

View Full Version : ..yeah so I raced a taxi...

snowman95
26-11-2004, 01:42 AM
...well sorta...

I had just been [happened last Saturday] to Carousel (Westfield Mall y0!) to purchase a coffee table... its a nice table, what sucked was having to carry the F U C King thing through Carousel dodging old people and fat F U C Ks with trolleys with a bag of apples and a box of tissues in them... fukers...

Anyway bought the table and carried the F U C Ker back to the car...

Got on the road and headed back to Freo via Leach Hwy, pull just to a red just before Rossmoyne SHS and a nicely dumped falcon pulls up next to me, its got 18's or 19's red calipers and 2 big ass GT stripes down the middle Paul Walker style.

Anyway I'm sitting at the lights admiring his car and his passenger is having a look over mine, the lights eventually change and we take off ... in some ways it was obvious what was going to happen.. but neither one of us wanted to be the first to go... so I've shifted to second and I look over to his passanger and say lets go and do a little circular motion with my hand ... bam, we're on it, I was in 2nd at probably about 4.5 to 5k RPM when we both got on it, I wound out 2nd and gained probably 1/3rd to 1/2 a car on him, shifted to 3rd and started to pull away.. I let off at about half to 3/4's of the way through third; a) because I saw a bus on my left coming up and b) 'cause I pretty much had him, he flew by, I was going to give him a thumbs up but he took a right.

I did notice a P plate stuck to the back of his boot as well next to the GT stripe...ah well... yeah I guess it wasn't that great of a race, he had a passanger... and it was from a roll... but **** that I had a coffee table.. and less 'cubes :P

anyway it was one of these:

http://www.growersservices.com.au/ue/U86_FordFalconAU.jpg

...which looked like a taxi I passed a bit later...

cliffs: not really a race... actually not really much of a story either.

[[d a n n y]]
29-11-2004, 03:41 PM
so it was a straight 6 falcon?

type one
29-11-2004, 08:34 PM
a straight 6 with heavy ass 18's and you didn't kill it?? :(

Savant
29-11-2004, 11:37 PM
a straight 6 with heavy ass 18's and you didn't kill it?? :(
because this is a legit story. not like other people killing skylines with a cxi civic

Sp3rMz
30-11-2004, 02:31 AM
technically he should have won...but as savant said at least its a true story, no bs crap. :thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
30-11-2004, 04:49 AM
awww i was hoping some nutjob taxi driver had his turban race helmet on givin it his all hahahaha :D

dundas
01-12-2004, 05:24 PM
ey im tellin u sum of those taxi fellas like to give ya a run for your money --- damn i dont like the SS VY taxi *cries* he killed me.

joneblaze
01-12-2004, 08:32 PM
LOL...this was a great read.

Savant/Spermz - Agreed. :)

Sp3rMz
02-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Slightly off the topic. Using stupid examples. Some people on this ozhonda forum think their "Breeze" can beat a "Ferrari Enzo" by like 10 car lengths. Just for once there someone thats honest enough to say yeah this and this happen. :thumbsup: to honesty

A'PEXi
02-12-2004, 08:47 AM
lol good story mate :) like your writing style

snowman95
02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
cheers, regarding all the people who said I should have killed him, yeah I *probably* would have gotten a bit more length on him if we kept at it, but I'll still claim it :), as I ended up about 3/4 of a car ahead of him :)