PDA

View Full Version : Swapping and installing A New Dash...

William
26-11-2004, 10:35 AM
If for example i go to the wreckers and pick up a whole dash cluster and it says 10 000km on the clock

if i swapped it over, wouldnt i have 10 000km on the clock instead of my current 60 000km???

also, if i had an EK9 dash cluster (which i dont) but if i did, would i be able to switch it over as a straight swap for a vtir?

Perry
26-11-2004, 10:49 AM
yes its a striaght fit

William
26-11-2004, 11:18 AM
wat about the km?

mytoycivic
26-11-2004, 01:36 PM
what are you getting at here? are you asking if your engine will automatically adjust the kms on your odometer? the answer to that is no!

i dont think your are legally allowed to change the odo reading...but it may be a different story if you are replacing the whole cluster ;)

-MuGen PoWer-
26-11-2004, 02:46 PM
wat if ur cluster is damaged sumhow and u need to change it??? and the one that you bought has lower km than the one in your car??
Can you jsut leave it like that or what??

vtc
26-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Im sure if you do have to replace it, you have to find one with roughly the same amount as the one you are taking out. Im sure there are accurate numbers of acceptance but i dont know it.

mytoycivic
26-11-2004, 09:00 PM
look i know there are people probably scanning these forums, but if i were in that position, i would wind the odometer to the current reading on my car. that would seem the most ethical thing to do as one will sell their car one day and this is the best way to show the correct milage on the car.

but this may not be legal so dont quote me

josh
05-12-2004, 04:09 PM
when you get a new cluster there are places that calibrate the odo back to the correct millage you cant just leave it because when you get a pink slip each year they record the millage of your car it is ilegal to not calibrate and sell it but manly targeted at used car dealerships

incoming
07-12-2004, 05:21 PM
i think what happens is ur autoelectrican has to actually purchase it for u and he records the amount of k's on it...

but yeah what josh says seems right.. the rego places record ur kms and gets changed on ur pink slip