PDA

View Full Version : Harley 883 Low

LaZaZaL89
10-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Ahh messed up the thread name I meant the 883 Iron...

Ok I know its not a honda but holy shit is it just me or are these bikes mcfvckn awesome!! Only around 13grand as well (I think...)

Saw one at the harley stand at the sydney 500 on sunday, I want one so bad haha

http://darkcustom.harley-davidson.co.uk/a/img/iron883/iron883.jpg

http://harleydavidson883.org/wp-content/gallery/harleydavidson883/HarleyIron883rearangular.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1dRwyHUuRzQ/SYNW8FUMB7I/AAAAAAAAAlY/YUtVZgp-zjs/s400/xl883iron2.GIF

STmsBT7Lerw

Sir_vtec
10-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeh id take one of these anyday over a stupid sport bike.

Have you seen the Fxcwc Rocker c? Perfect plateform to mod and turn it into a custom chopper.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5692/fxcwc20091111164440.jpg

LaZaZaL89
10-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Nah it looks like a bloody hot bike though, how much do they go for?

Sir_vtec
10-12-2009, 09:44 AM
40-50k very expensive. all harleys are expensive but what u pay for is what u get, no disappointments from these bikes.

bennjamin
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
the above bike is about $13k according to the ad. Looks nice....kind of a non-wanky not-so-expensive dues sex machina bike.

Id ride it

totojojo
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
they are beautiful and also have a look at the bigger sized 1200 nightster. same body but bigger engine.

Zilli
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
sportster Nightster in orange on black...

The rocker is awesome, the amount of money you could spend customising these harleys is amazing, so much customsing available...

the only thing im micnful of with the sportsters is they are quite small and constricted... depending on you size you'd need some severe forward control extensions!

LaZaZaL89
11-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Dreaming about owning one and just riding around Australia for the hell of it... Itd be so much fun.

bennjamin
11-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Dreaming about owning one and just riding around Australia for the hell of it... Itd be so much fun.

What are the actual specs of the bike guys ?

Much more attractive than a overpriced revvy sports bike IMO

Zilli
11-12-2009, 07:50 AM
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2010_motorcycles/2010_motorcycles.jsp?locale=en_au#/model/xl883n

there you go Benny... it'd suit you too mate...

personally i'd go for the 1200... the 883 is a bit slow especially for a 260 kilo bike

bennjamin
13-12-2009, 08:02 AM
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2010_motorcycles/2010_motorcycles.jsp?locale=en_au#/model/xl883n

there you go Benny... it'd suit you too mate...

personally i'd go for the 1200... the 883 is a bit slow especially for a 260 kilo bike

thanks for that - the 1200 is basically a sports bike with its stance.

Still , far too heavy for what it is....are harley engines made of cast iron or something ? I wouldnt want my next bike to be any more than 180kg or so. (i like corners not speed)

Zilli
13-12-2009, 08:02 PM
nah i was talking about the Sportster 1200... not the xr...

Twincam16
13-12-2009, 09:38 PM
(i like corners not speed)

Ben you'd be suprised at the handling. Everyone assumes Harleys are straight line pigs, but a mate has softail which handles well (edit: out of the city)

Its all about the rider, I find it hard just keeping up to him through national park down south

Fly-Rice
13-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Thats a good looking Harley.

I'd go for a Deus bike they're hot and unique....... but expensive.

Spoon DA9R
14-12-2009, 08:25 AM
when i saw the add..i wanted one too...but then i thought about it a little more...skinny asian on harley...mite look a bit outta place...

bennjamin
14-12-2009, 05:47 PM
when i saw the add..i wanted one too...but then i thought about it a little more...skinny asian on harley...mite look a bit outta place...

yeah i agree....but im a skinny white guy. Still....all these models are 250ish kgs which is too heavy IMO. (my current ride is 145kg lol)

Zilli
14-12-2009, 07:54 PM
:-) weight means nothing once it's moving man... as long as you can touch the ground you're good... in terms of low speed manouvering, again, its not that big a deal...

Pushing it around is a bit much at times but you just adjust your riding style to suit

EuroAccord13
21-12-2009, 07:34 PM
yeah i agree....but im a skinny white guy. Still....all these models are 250ish kgs which is too heavy IMO. (my current ride is 145kg lol)

I'm a smallish asian bloke and my bike is already 250kgs... I've got no problems with it... :P.....

SIRFN2
06-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Put a deposit on The new harley Iron 883..

No stock, as they been selling fast...so i have to wait till May to get mine! Cant wait!!

Twincam16
16-03-2010, 11:15 PM
A mate just picked up an XR1200r - its different, but pics dont do it justice. The build quality and detail on HD are next to none

These are going for around $15k, something with the HD name, but in a more comfortable position

http://liveimages.editorial.carsales.com.au/bikepoint/general/editorial/ge4951056666514764189.jpg

jbird
20-03-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7XBJnd3qZM

This! ^

The 883 is pretty much the same, so much potential. Flip the bars or get drag bars, relocate the speedo. Bobbers and Harleys go hand in hand... I met a guy who was going to sell me his Iron for 9.5k. Not over sport bikes yet...but when the time comes...its Harley time.

prelure
21-03-2010, 04:55 PM

This! ^

The 883 is pretty much the same, so much potential. Flip the bars or get drag bars, relocate the speedo. Bobbers and Harleys go hand in hand... I met a guy who was going to sell me his Iron for 9.5k. Not over sport bikes yet...but when the time comes...its Harley time.

that is sexyy

SIRFN2
22-03-2010, 07:39 AM

This! ^

This is actually a Nightster, but the same as the 883 nonetheless.

9.5K!? for an iron! thats is hella cheap!

e240
22-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Never liked Harleys and never will - W..kers ride them thinking they're special.
I rather get a Ducati, triumph, or even a BMW.

Rather be a Euro W..kers than an American one...LOL

SIRFN2
22-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Never liked Harleys and never will - W..kers ride them thinking they're special.

Yeh unfortunately u get posers who ride Harleys, who get decked out with Harley gear...can't stand those people. I'm the opposite on ducatis, I could never justify buying a bike for a cost of a decent car. But those who can afford it, good on ya's.

jbird
23-03-2010, 07:21 PM
This is actually a Nightster, but the same as the 883 nonetheless.

9.5K!? for an iron! thats is hella cheap!

Yah Nightster's main difference is the engine but chassis and body is pretty much the same. A lot of potential to easily turn into a bobber.

LOL no offence, thats dumb. You get wankers no matter what make - don't generalise. People ride what they want because 2 wheels gives you freedom and Harleys will always be the epitome of loud, american cruisers.

If going by your thinking if you get a Ducati will you become a Sunday-rider-latte-drinking-matching-ducati-leathers-wanker. Or if you get a BMW you automatically become a boring ****. Didn't think so.

Twincam16
24-03-2010, 02:20 AM
LOL no offence, thats dumb. You get wankers no matter what make - don't generalise. People ride what they want because 2 wheels gives you freedom and Harleys will always be the epitome of loud, american cruisers.

If going by your thinking if you get a Ducati will you become a Sunday-rider-latte-drinking-matching-ducati-leathers-wanker. Or if you get a BMW you automatically become a boring ****. Didn't think so.

Haha, hang around Frasers and see if you agree...

I would never tell anyone I know that rides them, but for most HD/Ducati owners the image given far outweighs the enjoyment of riding.

Its like owning a Ferrari, you could always buy a much faster, more reliable car like a Nissan GTR which is half the price, but if you have the money and image is that important, go for it.

jbird
24-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Off on a tangent here: I still don't agree...there are lots of people who own a sports bike and get the matching repsol/rossi/vermulean jacket and never go to the track so singling out harley owners is again dumb. Riders riding cause of the "image" is apparent with any brand.

On a side note, a Nissan GTR does not sound like a Ferrari nor is it as raw as a Ferrari they can't be compared in the same breath unless your talking about it does it 0.0003 seconds faster for half the price or whatever. The problem is the general public (not dissing) think like a poor person. Imagine you owned a multimillion dollar company and your yearly salary was somewhere close to $4M a year for the last 10 years. Buying a Ferrari is nothing for them. A reason why the Lexus LF-A has sold so well despite nay-sayers saying blah blah its just a Lexus.

Yes the Ferrari clutches cost like $20k to replace but that doesn't make them unreliable...just expensive to maintain...the R35 GTR is just as expensive to maintain as well. Some owners have reported excessive brake wear, fuel consumption and tire wear amongst other things like broken gearboxes due to launching etc.

The GTR (32s 33s 34s) on the other hand...are far from reliable especially when people push the envelope to turn up the performance to match more expensive cars.

Back on topic:

The Iron 883 is definitely an awesome bike and if you can pick one up for cheap do it. It has considerably 'sportier' handling compared to the other Harleys like the V-Rod etc.