PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket ECU?

fromdeeeast
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Where is the ECU located in a DC2 VTiR. How would I be able to determine if it is an aftermarket item?

Also I have read that a stock ECU on a turboed engine goes into limp mode when it sees boost and cuts out and stalls.

Does that mean if the ECU in the car was stock it wouldn't be able to hit boost comfortably as my car hits boost perfectly and smoothly.

Just wanting to make sure, and see if I have to get one or what not

Cheers and thanks in advance

DLO01
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
The ecu on the Teg is located on the passenger side Kick Panel. Where your left foot would be. You can take off the plastic pannel to access it.

Stock one looks something like this:

http://meilinkvision.com/misc/ecu1.jpg

You do not want a stock ecu in a turbocharged motor. Do as your going to do and take a look. If its a hondata it will say hondata, or Power fc etc. You might not be able to tell by looking either.

fromdeeeast
10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
:( mmmhmm

a hondata or proecu wouldnt have any distinctive codes or anything would it.

I will take a look 2moro.

Cheers DLO01

DLO01
10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeh, thats exactly right. My hondata one had hondata on it. Thats the S300 though, others would have not markings id think S200 etc.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Misc/Image266.jpg

string
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
You'll have to open it up and look inside to see if it's been modified (Hondata and the like are "add-ons" to the stock-ECU). It's only 4 or 5 screws, and you could have an answer within 5 minutes if you post a photo.

Riviera
11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
such a clean kit dean.... and that was all you needed? what about cat+catback?

DLO01
11-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Theres alway something else. Of course cat back, sump oil drain, upgraded clutch etc. But back on topic, how did the OP go with his investigation?

Lukezen27
13-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Theres alway something else. Of course cat back, sump oil drain, upgraded clutch etc. But back on topic, how did the OP go with his investigation?

""Theres alway something els""

Never Ending just a long as the fun follows suite :p