PDA

View Full Version : comprehensive car insurance questions

Honda_boy_from_east
11-12-2009, 05:37 AM
:(Hi all

I was turning my civic from a T junction last night and a car hit me even though i had the right of way( lights was green) . That guy went through a red light ! my front right bumper/bonnet was badly damaged:( had a witness whom i took down the details says that young kid was on the fone and went past a red light , called honda insurance who say that i got to pay excess even though its clearly that guy fault and even with a witness as i have to give way even though its my right of way at the T junction////

I am on comprehensive car insurance n wats the deal abt this? is the insurance company kidding me or wat ? i thought insurance company "fights " for its customer even though they might be in the wrong which clearly in this case i have a witness !!:(

anyone with similar experience?

aaronng
11-12-2009, 06:50 AM
It's because you called it a T junction. You should have called it a traffic light intersection.

Also, the law says turn when it is safe to do so, even if you have a green light. Did you see the car approaching the intersection and not slowing down?

You also have to give the kid's rego and license details to your insurance company.

1perfectday
11-12-2009, 07:02 AM
your still in the right ... pretty sure a green light is more right than a kid running a red. however usually insurance companys have an excess whether or not you are in the right or wrong, if you can't track the other guy down that is....

Zilli
11-12-2009, 07:06 AM
which way were you turning? was it a green arrow? where on your car was impacted? where on his car was impacted...

Dont worry, in this sort of case the Insurer will often ask for excess from both parties and refund when liability is determined.

Is this what they told you?

nickxau
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Please draw us a diagram (http://www.accidentsketch.com/) to explain better. A picture is worth a thousand words...

Honda_boy_from_east
11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah i called the insurance agent again.. told them abt the witness and this time it was a different guy and he told me the manager is going to waive off the excess as what i describe seems like the other guy was at fault :D and plus i got a witness to back me up .. now i am just wondering if it will take long for honda insurance to assess the car?

Honda_boy_from_east
11-12-2009, 05:30 PM
which way were you turning? was it a green arrow? where on your car was impacted? where on his car was impacted...

Dont worry, in this sort of case the Insurer will often ask for excess from both parties and refund when liability is determined.

Is this what they told you?

i was turning right on green light . That kid claims he was turning left and he says i happen to be in his lane? My car was impacted on the front right lights & fog lights the lights were smash and the bumper cracked n the bonnet slightly damaged. His front bumper and bonnet was damaged.

m0nty ITR
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
i was turning right on green light . That kid claims he was turning left and he says i happen to be in his lane? My car was impacted on the front right lights & fog lights the lights were smash and the bumper cracked n the bonnet slightly damaged. His front bumper and bonnet was damaged.

If he was turning left and you were turning right, you are in the wrong. Was it green light or green arrow? BIG difference. The car turning right MUST give way to all oncoming traffic.

Insurance companies will take excess until fault is determined. Were the police informed or could both cars be driven away?