PDA

View Full Version : This an EK9? Are you kidding me?

skoota
26-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Check out this link:

http://firesport.ipspace.com/?section=item&action=show&id=13158

This idiot claims that this is a genuine EK9 for sale but I have serious doubts. This is yet another occasion of some loser claiming to sell a genuine CTR and I'm sick of it!

Looks like he's removed the rear wiper, slapped on some red Honda badges, a Type R decal, steering wheel and some Recaros and decided to call it a CTR. Silly.:thumbdwn:

Can anyone prove me wrong? If so, I will be dickhead #1, but really, this add is bullsh!t.

92DELSOL
26-11-2004, 03:09 PM
looks like it has the 5 stud wheels tho...but i spose it could still b fake. just call the guy and ask him??

Civic Type R
26-11-2004, 03:21 PM
i agree. It is a fake type R but he does appear top have a lot of EK9 stuff on it tho.
Even still I wouldnt say mine is a genuine Type R.

26-11-2004, 03:39 PM
still IF ish got the engine and performance to back it up i wouldnt it. but i wouldn't call it ORIGINAL EK9. ... looks nice. needs a respray.

JINRAI
26-11-2004, 03:42 PM
i've seen that car...its a GLI converted type-r...not too bad but wasn't impressed with the condition and i remember those are original mugens but scuffed a lil

Civic Type R
26-11-2004, 03:49 PM
damn, that would have costed a shitload to do !

skoota
26-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeh it would cost a lot - but why spend all that money on a GLi to convert? I do not see the point here, especially when it looks nothing like one. And why would you spray it green to get the type R look when clearly it never came out in that colour? And lastly, I just wanna say it p!sses me off when ppl advertise for something when clearly they are talking crap. I just feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting person who buys it thinking WOW! I have an EK9!

Chi
26-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Im pretty sure EK9s didnt come in that gay colour (no offence to ppl owning that colour lol)

Civic Type R
26-11-2004, 06:41 PM
they only came out in white, silver, yellow and black.
http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/linked/civic-vtir-vs-typer.htm

http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/linked/civicr_files/ek9-2000-colors.jpg

edw-R
26-11-2004, 06:42 PM
um...............

vtc
26-11-2004, 07:28 PM
You guys are just jelous... if that car has the engine to go with it then so be it.. obviously he hasnt posted all the details of the car and upon enquiring he will actuallt tell you what the real deal is.

You dont simply sell a car with an add like that.

Ppl put alot of badges and crap that arent really there, get over it. not your car to worry about.

Chi
26-11-2004, 07:39 PM
vtc , no one cares if he had a b16b or if it was modded performance wise dramatically.

The fact he called it an TYpe R was pretty stupid.

You telling me if you called ur car a ek9 it would be ok even if it was no where near it.

And its mis leading advertisement as well

spoondc2
26-11-2004, 09:17 PM
What a shame..........
maybe i should get a honda beat and put F20 engine on it
wow man...... guess what i've got after? :cool:

A'PEXi
26-11-2004, 10:15 PM
more pics would be good anyhow :P

2_and
26-11-2004, 10:37 PM
i emailed him bout the car...and he repiled with some pics of the dash...and engine...it looks way to clean...well it could be genuine 1....who knows..done 37*** k

^^v
26-11-2004, 10:45 PM
...And why would you spray it green to get the type R look when clearly it never came out in that colour?...car looks black to me...
the green ur seeing is from the reflection of another car...

n if it aint genuine
it lookz to me lik hez gone thru alota trouble to make it look lik one... hez even done the 5 stud conversion

Perry
26-11-2004, 11:34 PM
can sum1 correct me if im wrong, i thought all the ctr's on the side of the doors the dule grey colour but is suppose to same as the whole of the car, and the height looks too high as a ctr but i could b wrong

2 and : can u post the pics

skoota
27-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I emailed him too and he just sent two pics to me. But anyone can do what he has done - take Adam for instance, I think his name is Adam, from Perth. But he doesn't go around calling it a genuine EK9. The only one from that year that I know fo in Melbourne is OH member, PCGLEE, and it's for sale. I just started this thread due to utter frustration, and it's been too many times I've seen an add for Civic Type R. Come on get real!!!

And VTC, I know it's not my car blah, blah, blah... But this is a Honda forum, this topic IS Honda related. If you don't like it, don't add incoherent rubbish to this thread. Nobody was asking you. You'd be thanking me if you were one of the many uninformed ppl who actually bought a "fake" EK9 wouldn't you?

Anyway, if anyone can prove me wrong go for it - always happy to learn more about this stuff.:thumbsup: But that point about the 5 stud conversion is valid, but it has been done b4.

narcoleptic
27-11-2004, 12:52 AM
One of my friends has a EK coupe VTIr. According to him, he chucked in a red head b16c imported engine into it straight away. And, he've done a lot of crazy mods on it (ahem.. no ricy stuff though, a typical sleeper)... currently toda pistons if I"m not wrong. Anyway.. its not a CTR, but what would you call it?

sivic
27-11-2004, 01:02 AM
CTR engine is B16B - no such thing as b16c. and you'd call it a vtir coupe with some extra fruit :D

bumography
27-11-2004, 01:21 AM
1/4 Mile time 16.2 for civic vti-r ?
bah.crx non vtec = 16.1
so neh
hehe
civic type r... not as good as i thought it'd be =\

sivic
27-11-2004, 02:50 AM
ppl are getting mid to high 15's with stock vtir's. if you reffering to Adam aka Civic Type R. he got a 14.2 on wed night.
anyway, back on topic. the EK9 in question.... see what the chassis number is. either way, someone looking for a CTR should have done their homework well enough to spot a fake

egads
27-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Well aslong as it has all the fruits of a CTR. Its not like he is trying to pawn off a cxi as an ek9. :)

SPEEDCORE
27-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah the point of the matter is.......... if that car was not born a Type R than it should never be talked about as a type R and even more so sold as a CTR.

Also even if he has dumped alot or all of the EK9 stuff..... to me it is not a EK9, and I highly doubt he has changed over the subframe that has the built in lower tiw bar like what the R tegs and civics have.

However in saying this....... it still looks not too bad.

Civic Type R
27-11-2004, 10:47 AM
You guys are just jelous... if that car has the engine to go with it then so be it.. obviously he hasnt posted all the details of the car and upon enquiring he will actuallt tell you what the real deal is.Im not jelous dude ;)

but just for some refreshment of the EK9 differences to the other EK civics.
http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/linked/civic-vtir-vs-typer.htm

SiR JDM
27-11-2004, 12:53 PM
I still beleive its a good effort to change it to being a Civic Type R, but as Speedcore said, im sure he hasn't changed everything to make it Genuine rebuild or anything...
Regardless, anyhow, if he has changed EVERYTHING it should still be called a EK9 REBUILD, or EK9 REPLICA and state what exactle hes done.. that way people interested in buying it have a full knowledge exactly what the car is and are not misinformed

skoota
27-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Look there's no doubting that it looks good - I applaud his efforts and think it looks good; I personally wouldn't go to such lengths, I think it is too time consuming and too much $$$ that I do not have. Credit where credit is due. However, the issue is calling it a genuine EK9, which it is not. Just hope nobody here buys it and thinks they are driving one of the rarest Hondas' in Aus.

vtc
27-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah i but think you guys are jumping around so much on just the topic.. Has anyone asked him and gottena reply with him stating that its a genuine car. Its just the title and its done its job of grabbing your attention. Every advertisment is out there to do that. I think your trying to be too politically correct. You should be complaing about every add then.

skoota
27-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I don't think we're being politically correct - there's enough of that in this country. It's not a matter of just the title, the whole add claims that it is an EK9 and that is misleading. Would you do it? It not only grabs your attention, but it also tells you what model it is.

If someone bought that and the seller claims that it is a genuine EK9 and it is found out by the seller that what he said was misleading, then by contract law he can take him to court. Granted this is a bit extreme :confused: and I am aware of the saying "buyer beware" but the seller must sell his product without any known misleading whether it be by a lie or ignorance as described.

vtc - this thread was started as IMO this is not an EK9, I merely wanted my conclusions confirmed as I am not the knowledge king when it comes to Hondas'. Just wanted my suspicions confirmed.

narcoleptic
27-11-2004, 04:12 PM
CTR engine is B16B - no such thing as b16c. and you'd call it a vtir coupe with some extra fruit :D
Sorlli mama, heehee :p I aint no Civic fans.. cos I like to use my Accord to drive girl & (and most importantly) her friends hahahaha :D

SiR JDM
27-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah i but think you guys are jumping around so much on just the topic.. Has anyone asked him and gottena reply with him stating that its a genuine car. Its just the title and its done its job of grabbing your attention. Every advertisment is out there to do that. I think your trying to be too politically correct. You should be complaing about every add then.
I agree ..

Unless someone has called him up and he STILL claims its a genuine EK9, then you cant abuse him..
I think its just a advertisment tactic to get people interested...

Call him and find out the try story, then debate over that =]

Its like when Mazda said their Mazda 3 was 26990.... they dont mention that its not 26990 drive away.. there are still onroads to cost (im making up the figure cuz i forgot it).. same principle applies.. its a ploy to get you interested .. you call and discuess for exact details =]

skoota
27-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Putting you all to rest, in his email to me he claimed that it was an EK9; so he's a liar:thumbdwn:. But this example is totally different to not including onroad costs, as onroads is a legitimate term and it costs $26990 just for the car - that is used to entice - the dealership doesn't claim to sell an RX8 instead of a Mazda 3 do they???

sivic
27-11-2004, 08:17 PM
well if he says its an EK9 and its not than that is a bit crap. even if it has almost all CTR stuff it doesnt matter. one of the main things which set the EK9 apart is the actual chassis which is more rigid/stiffer than the other EK's. however, there is no confirmation that it is NOT a EK9...... though the "type R" sticker looks sketchy

Bownce
28-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Sorry guys im Noob. How can you prove it is not a ek9 even if he is saying it is?

SiR JDM
28-11-2004, 02:38 PM
This is what the guy said to me

"Hi James.
Well as you may be aware, it's virtually impoosible to get an Austr. delivery EK9 type R civic here, it's not a straight engine swap. what I did was I imported a rear damaged type R from Japan then swap everything into a local Civic, with all paper work. The price unfortunately was wrong in the ads anyway, I actually wanted $24000 not $22, there is no engine modification so far, I put this car together so I know exactly what I did......anyway if you are still interested drop me a line, in the mean time here are a few picts. "

Along with 2 pics, 1 of the engine bay and 1 of interior..

vtc
28-11-2004, 02:54 PM
So what engine is in it anyway.. just standard d-series?

Chi
28-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Sorry guys im Noob. How can you prove it is not a ek9 even if he is saying it is?
If you bothered to read teh posts before, Ek9s dont come in that colour!!

Bownce
28-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the input chi. But I did read the posts b4 and one of them stated that there was some doubt with the colour. But thanks for pointing that out again.

skoota
28-11-2004, 03:50 PM
No I do not believe that it is a D series engine as he transplanted one from an EK9 so therefore a B16B. He emailed me again explaining that it is NOT a EK9, contradictory to his previous email. Add still = misleading.

Sp3rMz
28-11-2004, 03:58 PM
its a miss leading add to trick the noobs into buyin a ek9 wanna be....

Civic Type R
29-11-2004, 01:19 AM
OK so its not a real EK9. He has just done what i have and that is replaced everything from an EK9 into another Civic.
Still no EK9, but merely a Civic Type R.

peace out with this arguement ;)

Spoon-Accord
29-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Hi!
As you may well be aware. It is vitually impossible to get a Civic type R as an Australian delivered vehicle. It is actually a civic, we imported a damaged type R and swapped the lot over.....But it is not a reshell as reshell is using a donor local vehicle and an imported shell.....etc but if you are still interested drop me a line...
Cheer!

thats wat i got from him!!

Ken

Civic Type R
29-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Ken someone has written that before :)

nds
30-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Is it worth the asking price though 22K? An average dc2 itr is about $25K....

Nonetheless with some nice white dc2ITR rims (seeing as he's gone through the trouble of 5 stud conversion), and some window tinting it would be a great track car. Props to him for doing the work.

BlitZ
02-12-2004, 10:03 AM
why wouldnt you think its a type r ... what does a type r loook like... just cause he has got a body kit doesnt mean it isnt a type r ....

although it might not be one.. but it has nothing on the car to suggesst otherwise..
from everyhting the picutre has to offer it could well be a genuine type r .,...

its for the wheels, spoiler and steeringwheels brake setup and seats...

think i sense jealously

_Daniel
02-12-2004, 03:56 PM
its not color coded, that suggests otherwise

sesshoumaru
02-12-2004, 05:26 PM
anyone who buys that car believing they bought a CIVIC TYPE R, didn't deserve a genuine ek9 in the first place.

_Daniel
02-12-2004, 06:51 PM
you all make it sound like you need to earn the right to drive a CTR

you're all idealistic idiots if you ask me.
Its not a hard concept, money buys cars - you look at all the P platers driving E46 330 Beemers, S15's, WRX's and what not. What makes you think they deserve those cars anymore than they would an EK9.

The buyer isn't hiding the fact that its a rebirth so anyone buying it knows what he's getting.
If someone buys the car thinking its an EK9, as long as they're happy with what they bought I don't see why its any of your business?

Bownce
02-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Good call bro.

IF someone wants to buy a civic with a EK9 what is wrong with that.....absolutely nothing. As long as he is not tricked into it then there is and should not be a problem.

Another example below yes/no?

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=1987305&current_rec=5&total_rec=11&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=74&badge_id=1532&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

skoota
02-12-2004, 10:27 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going. LOL:D

Firstly, the aim of this was to point out the inappropriate title cos it annoys me as I've seen it plenty of times. Secondly, was to confirm my suspicions with other members in this forum that know more than I do. I believe I pointed that out. Is that not one of the purposes of this site?

Bownce: What is your point? So there is another advertsiement for a CTR that is not genuine. That was my point, it too is misleading. So, yes good one.:rolleyes:

NDS: Usually you will find that an EK9 is more expensive than a DC2R as it is a far more rare Honda. So what is your point???

Blitz: Jealousy? You should read this post - it would help you as you clearly have NO idea about Hondas' at all.

Daniel: Nobody said at all you need to earn the right to drive an EK9. Where the hell does it say that? Idealistic idoits? It's sounds as though you saw "idealistic" on a word of the day calendar and thought it approproate to use it. If you ask me YOU are the idiot here. And what the hell are you on about with P platers driving good cars? Get your hand off it and if you can't contribute to the topic LEAVE IT ALONE. And yes, the buyer does not say it is a EK9 rebirth, he suggests that it is an EK9 by calling it a Civic Type R. It is misleading and I dare say that if you bought it or anyone else, and found out that is was not; you would be pissed off. So when someone is misleading about a car - to point it out in a forum related to cars is valid IMO. You clearly posses the least amount of intelligence of all that have contributed to this thread and how ironic to claim that the rest of us are all "idealistic idiots." You are the epitome of the word moron.

_Daniel
03-12-2004, 02:22 AM
anyone who buys that car believing they bought a CIVIC TYPE R, didn't deserve a genuine ek9 in the first place.obviously you spent too much time analysing my post and not enough time actually reading through the thread before posting that useful 'contribution'

Also the seller is not as misleading as you make him out to be.
Sure its not a genuine EK9 but for those who are genuinely interested in buying it (It keeps the internet drivers like you away) , he makes it clear that it is a rebirth.
And paying $22k for that car, assuming it runs problem free and it well maintained I rkn is a fair price.

so yeh, looks like I hit a nerve somewhere in your ego which at the moment seems rather unstable, rather that critisizing a car sale in which you have no interest in how about you let him sell his car, the way he wants? moron....

todaek9
03-12-2004, 03:22 AM
why people always argue about EK9??...
camon....Just look at the Freaking Rear passenger Window Bro...IT's NOT EVEN BLACK...so...did i clear things out for you guys?....

The Sticker are FAKE...and i tot Black Colour suppose to come in Black Interior...correct me if i'm wrong....the tail lights are correct....Studs are correct...other than that, can't see anything...May be it's still a Real one...who Knows...but the seller...rite?...haha...A real one...i think no one will even change it's passenger window...cause why they want to change to a heavier, and cheaper one?...hmm..i dono what i'm talking bout now..haha

Sp3rMz
03-12-2004, 03:26 AM
becoz its miss leading...if ur selling a geinune ek9 fair enough...if your selling fake say so....In the end its up to the person whom buys it....Just shouldnt be misleading thats all...tricking sum1 into thinkin his got ek9 wen he reallli doesnt..its like the crap between evoIIIs and GSR or EVO Is

EK9
03-12-2004, 04:00 AM
HAHA!! Man i haven't been online for like a week and i read thru 5 pages of crap... LOL

I saw this add the minute it got posted last week, and i was waiting for sumone to post it up but never knew it would get this outta hand! :D

why people always argue about EK9??...
camon....Just look at the Freaking Rear passenger Window Bro...IT's NOT EVEN BLACK...so...did i clear things out for you guys?....

The Sticker are FAKE...and i tot Black Colour suppose to come in Black Interior...correct me if i'm wrong....the tail lights are correct....Studs are correct...other than that, can't see anything...May be it's still a Real one...who Knows...but the seller...rite?...haha...A real one...i think no one will even change it's passenger window...cause why they want to change to a heavier, and cheaper one?...hmm..i dono what i'm talking bout now..hahaTodaek9 has the idea here... the first thing u usually spot is the tinted rear window and rear passenger windows on a real ek9... then there's the big fat type r sticker.

Anyway, wotever the hell it is, imo if it ain't born an ek9, it should never be labled an ek9. If a full ek9 swap is dun, props to him, but still he shouldn't be advertising it as an ek9... "civic with full ctr swap" i'll accept :D anyways, that's just my 2c. :thumbsup:

Civic Type R
03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
amen to that.

**Apply thread lock**

skoota
03-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Agree totally with EK9 and Civic Type R. Lock the damn thread, it has gotten out of hand. *Resisting having a go at Daniel - but realises there is no point to internet arguing...*

Anywho, it's like when ppl advertise to sell a set of Recaros, a lot of ppl cannot tell the difference, and some have advertised fakes as genuine and been caught out. You would be froathing at the mouth if you were one of those ppl who had no idea and fronted up with the $1200+ and bought copies due to a misleading advertisement.

BlitZ
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
ive been driving hondas before u got your license dude...

I can't believe this thread is still going. LOL:D

Firstly, the aim of this was to point out the inappropriate title cos it annoys me as I've seen it plenty of times. Secondly, was to confirm my suspicions with other members in this forum that know more than I do. I believe I pointed that out. Is that not one of the purposes of this site?

Bownce: What is your point? So there is another advertsiement for a CTR that is not genuine. That was my point, it too is misleading. So, yes good one.:rolleyes:

NDS: Usually you will find that an EK9 is more expensive than a DC2R as it is a far more rare Honda. So what is your point???

Blitz: Jealousy? You should read this post - it would help you as you clearly have NO idea about Hondas' at all.

Daniel: Nobody said at all you need to earn the right to drive an EK9. Where the hell does it say that? Idealistic idoits? It's sounds as though you saw "idealistic" on a word of the day calendar and thought it approproate to use it. If you ask me YOU are the idiot here. And what the hell are you on about with P platers driving good cars? Get your hand off it and if you can't contribute to the topic LEAVE IT ALONE. And yes, the buyer does not say it is a EK9 rebirth, he suggests that it is an EK9 by calling it a Civic Type R. It is misleading and I dare say that if you bought it or anyone else, and found out that is was not; you would be pissed off. So when someone is misleading about a car - to point it out in a forum related to cars is valid IMO. You clearly posses the least amount of intelligence of all that have contributed to this thread and how ironic to claim that the rest of us are all "idealistic idiots." You are the epitome of the word moron.

sesshoumaru
04-12-2004, 12:47 AM
my point was, rare as EK9's are, they should be in the hands of an enthusiast as opposed to some rich yuppie who just wants the car purely for image and wank factor. Too often this is how nice, rare cars are ruined or destroyed.

Of course in the end, money talks. But a real collectors car like the EK9, in the hands of someone who isn't going to appreciate it at all, is a real tradgedy imo.

If you were serious about buying and owning an EK9 you would do your homework beforehand, therefore EASILY distinguishing between a real and fake.

EK9
05-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Ok, i'm gonna say a few things then will lock this thread... if anyone wants to repost, just pm me to unlock. Otherwise, i believe it's completely gone off topic..
*goes and perfoms first moderating duty *:D

Firstly, i made my point on this guys ad already... so i'm just gonna add my opinion in regards to comments about ppl thinking EK9 driver's should be enthusiasts or earn the right to have one, etc etc. This is from my first hand experience... I grew up basically having Honda's in my family, 2 civics, 1 prelude, 1 dc2, 1 ctr and 1 itr and we still have most of them... so u can say i have a genuine luv for Hondas :D Anyway wen the time came for me to get a car, i was looking for a civic vtir hatch or coupe. But lucky me accidently bumped into a ctr for sale at the same time. I literally snatched up the car without thinking! Why? Cos it was advertised as a CTR (at the time i had little ctr knowledge, wouldn't have known little things like rear windows, wipers, etc) and i was completely overwhelmed not even knowing they existed here (yeah, wasn't fully hardcore enthusiast then, it was my first car!). Only after buying it did i do my full research, then realised that my car was a rebuilt but in pretty good condition, was a genuine ek9 and had 99.99% of original ctr parts.

Well my point is, that if i was a buyer and looking at that for sale ad, i mite not have known different even being a Honda luver myself and not wanting to miss a "once in a life time opportunity to own a ctr" i would make an offer/deposit immediately. So a serious buyer can always miss things too even after doin their homework... No one needs to earn the rite to drive an EK9 either... just a hole heap of luck and sum $$$ :D

Just to add, does that mean wen i plan to sell my car, do i interview the potential buyers?? or just c who has the fattest wallet??? Hehe.