PDA

View Full Version : Regisitering Car As a 2 Seater

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 11:16 AM
So ive just stripped my eg hatch and had it all mod plated as a 2 seater.

I went into transport the other day to change the seating from a 5 - 2 and she was trying to tell me i had to register it now as a van because only vans are 2 seaters =S.. and that i had to go to my insurance company and change everything there beforehand,,

Is this right? Or was she just an idiot and you can actually change the seating capacity without changing the shape of the car? Lol.

Cheers, Ash.

V73C
13-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Shes just dumb.

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Haha. Ill go there next week and see another person. So they can just basically change seating from 5 - 2 without having to do anything else?

V73C
13-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Well considering you purposely mod plated it to register it as a 2 seater means its an all go. But shes just stupid.

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Lol Alright. Cheers =].

curtis265
13-12-2009, 12:37 PM
LOL wtf van hahaha
http://www.digimods.co.uk/images/Virtualcarimages/cars/hondacivic7.jpg

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 01:08 PM
HAHAHA. thats siick. =]. yer i know ay. when she said it.. im like.. 'uh.. what, van?'

jks24
13-12-2009, 04:06 PM
thought you had a ej mate?

96VTi-R
13-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey I have decided to make my dc2 a two seater and was just wondering how I go about this the legal way, sick off defect bs

A mate told me I either had to get some holes welded up or use a harness so the holes are been used, and then just get it registered as a two seat, I don’t want to weld up anything as I may decided to return it to 5 seat in a few years.

I just want to know how to go about doing this and what is involved and if you have pics of legally striped cars or write ups or links would be helpful or just any info.

cheers :wave:

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Just put the seat belt bolts back in the original holes and remove the seat belts.

lil_foy
13-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Is a 4 seater atm fyi.

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh. its his mate Ash using his account.. as most his mates do =P.

bennjamin
13-12-2009, 05:31 PM
merged two similar threads.

Latino CRX
13-12-2009, 05:35 PM
haha wata dumb bitch
so a crx, del sol , mr2, mx5 etc are all vans :p ..

THE_BIFF_EK_CIVIC
13-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Haha good point. Yeah gonna go see someone else there tomorow.

Zilli
13-12-2009, 08:24 PM
The "dumb bitch" are the RTA is correct...

WHen you change a 4 seater passenger vehicle, in this case one which would have the "shape" on the registration papers noted as "SED" for sedan (bear in mind hatchbacks are classified as sedans in the eyes of the RTA, then it needs to be noted as another shape... you MYA note on your new rego papers, or on the fresh Application For Registration, or the Blue Slip that the engineer did up for you, that the shape is now PNV/PVF/PVS.

If this has in fact change, which it sounds like it has, you are now the owner in the RTA's, and your insurers eyes of a panelvan, possibly with windows (PVW)... If you are no under 30 you will find that your Green Slip will double, and as the vehicle has been modified your normal insurer MAY (hopefully not) not insure you anymore...

Zilli
13-12-2009, 08:25 PM
haha wata dumb bitch
so a crx, del sol , mr2, mx5 etc are all vans :p ..

there is a difference between a modified vehicle that has back seats, and a vehicle that was designed to only ever carry 2 people..............

90LAN
13-12-2009, 09:00 PM
well were in qld
to start things off so other states are different

you need to get a mod plate with the code that says 2 seater mod
you then get change of particulars on your vehicle form from dept of transport

fill that in with your new mod and add your mod plate no in the section it asks you

take to counter and it goes in the system

the dumb bitch must also doesnt know vans have 4 seaters/ 5 seaters/ 6 seaters and 7 seaters too

easy as that fellas, mod plate is the key rest is easy

Zilli
13-12-2009, 09:03 PM
it will be a vehicle code 02 vs. an 01 on your Green Slip if it is recognised as a goods carrying vehicle... premium is different, vehicle is different...

hopefully not for his hip pocket anyway

Latino CRX
13-12-2009, 09:15 PM
well were in qld
to start things off so other states are different

you need to get a mod plate with the code that says 2 seater mod
you then get change of particulars on your vehicle form from dept of transport

fill that in with your new mod and add your mod plate no in the section it asks you

take to counter and it goes in the system

the dumb bitch must also doesnt know vans have 4 seaters/ 5 seaters/ 6 seaters and 7 seaters too

easy as that fellas, mod plate is the key rest is easy

see Lan knows the shIt listen to him :)

Zilli
13-12-2009, 09:17 PM
:-) :-) :-)

EK1.6LCIV
14-12-2009, 09:30 AM
it's the same as an 80s honda city now, and they're regoed in QLD as a 2 seater van from new as they come stock with two seats

but there was a good reason in japan besides being a good poor mans courier, you also had the option for this pimp thing

http://www.banpei.net/files/motocompo-ad02.jpg

but my engineer who has done over 100 plates for the 2seater has eneded up reversing most of them as it's a stupid mod that people realise fast

lil_foy
14-12-2009, 10:05 AM
but my engineer who has done over 100 plates for the 2seater has eneded up reversing most of them as it's a stupid mod that people realise fast

Personally i'd only strip if I was going to get a cage.
Not hard to put interior back in if you take the cage out.

Zilli
14-12-2009, 10:11 AM
the reason why vehicles like the above were registered as panelvans was because the import duty, as well as the safety requirements for such vehicles are not as stringent as passenger vehicles...

you will notice many japanese 4WD's were also the same... ie Hilux Surf etc