PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Indicator Light

riruiz_88
13-12-2009, 05:58 PM
hello everyone, i would like to re-route my light for my car alarm. is it as simple as removing:
1) ground battery
2) cutting and joining the cables again, then install in desired place?

reason for me asking is because i dont want the alarm going off and me not being able to turn it off. as well as providing a special number sequence that i want to avoid. thanks

Zilli
13-12-2009, 08:20 PM
what light exactly are you talking about and why can you not disable your car alarm?

riruiz_88
14-12-2009, 08:04 AM
the light than blinks every couple of seconds in the dash. i can disable it, you mean use the key on the siren?

just wanting to move the light elsewhere, and not have to put any codes in if i cut the wires.

Zilli
14-12-2009, 09:19 AM
is this one of those old school alarms which is activated by the light? as in the light is the switch to turn the alarm on and off?

riruiz_88
14-12-2009, 10:02 AM
no, to arm/disarm the alarm i use a remote. this is what im talking about. the red LED light, top left.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/images/car-alarm-4.jpg

Zilli
14-12-2009, 10:20 AM
hello everyone, i would like to re-route my light for my car alarm. is it as simple as removing:
1) ground battery
2) cutting and joining the cables again, then install in desired place?

reason for me asking is because i dont want the alarm going off and me not being able to turn it off. as well as providing a special number sequence that i want to avoid. thanks

It sounds like all you want to do is move the flashing light...?? am i right? if so yes you are right, its a simple matter of removing the wiring behind and extending/shortening to suit...

Just unsure about what you mean in the last paragraph man...

grifty
14-12-2009, 10:51 AM
nah you should be right cutting the wires, the only reason you have the codes on the actuall alarm box is if you lose/break your remotes you can manually disable it untill you get some new ones.

riruiz_88
14-12-2009, 12:32 PM
i have a number sequence that over rides the alarm. i was just concerned that if i cut the flashing light cable, it would ask me for the over ride procedure.

EuroAccord13
14-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Shouldn't be a problem at all, the alarm module is responsible for sending the signal to the light to show that it is armed and does nothing if you disconnect it. You can do it without disconnecting the battery as disconnecting the battery might set the alarm off and then you will need the key or the code to deactivate the siren. Make sure the car is not armed while you are cutting the wire to relocate the lighting beacon.

riruiz_88
14-12-2009, 01:39 PM
yes exactly what i was after. much thanks

wAYzoR
14-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Does it need a cut job? The end of the LED lite should have a plug on it which plugs into the alarm module, pop that off and just bundle up the cable, then everything in reverse.

riruiz_88
15-12-2009, 07:25 AM
yes in needs to be cut. no clips on the lights. but thanks, if i hadnt known of doing that man.