PDA

View Full Version : fujitsubo exhaust

lindz234
13-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Installed fujitsubo exhaust last week.

I highly recommend this exhaust. At ide is almost like stock. with just a slight change in tone. Its continues being quiet and stealthy from 0-3ish4 RPM almost like stock. And then open's up into a much deeper louder then stock tone after that. I love it.
I order from Heeltoeauto for $1200. Great company. fanatic customer service and good prices.

I had the skunk2 exhaust on before this but purchased the fujitsubo because i found the skunk2 to be to loud.
I would say although its really hard to tell that the skunk2 gave better power then the fujitsubo. But i've always wanted my car to look and sound stock as possible with better performance.

aaronng edit: No selling here

Darkii_
13-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Nice to hear you're enjoying your new exhaust

Just a note though, newcomers are not allowed to sell and this isn't the right section to be advertising too lol

felixd
14-12-2009, 02:52 AM
glad u like ur purchase , yeah Heeltoe is the best i go thru them often aswell
get intake aswell with that :)
post up ur ride :) where about in melb r ya ?

tomacom
14-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking of buying the same one? Did you purchase the USDM version or the JDM?

Also, how much did Marcus charge for postage? Thanks

lindz234
14-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm thinking of buying the same one? Did you purchase the USDM version or the JDM?

Also, how much did Marcus charge for postage? Thanks

JDM I payed $1188.65 including shipping. so its around $150 mark. Thats with the discount "ozhonda"

glad u like ur purchase , yeah Heeltoe is the best i go thru them often aswell
get intake aswell with that :)
post up ur ride :) where about in melb r ya ?

I've got J's Racing Intake ;) I love it. + J's racing headers.
I'm in hawthorn. yer i'll post up some pic's. although i'm sort of ashamed of my ride atm because someone key my bonnet and right side panels. Getting it fixed in Jan.

biee2
14-12-2009, 04:01 PM
please post some picks when you get the chance :)
i also want this exhuast.....always want to get an exhuast but was also scared becoz most hondas are dam loud with an exhuast haha but yeah my mum would kill me if i made my car to loud, plus i lik the stock sound....hehe :thumbsup:

tomacom
14-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Was that USD$? Was there any issues with the fitment? Was there a reason you didn't go for the cheaper USDM version? Marcus quoted me around $360 delivery just last week!? Did he quote you or did you just pay what was calculated in the checkout? Marcus thinks that the difference is the JDM version is a little shorter than the USDM. Appreciate if you could shed some light. Thanks

tomacom
15-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Just got an email from Marcus and he says that he sent you the USDM version? Which I guess makes sense considering the price.

Please post some pics and sound clips! Cheers

lindz234
15-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Just got an email from Marcus and he says that he sent you the USDM version? Which I guess makes sense considering the price.

Please post some pics and sound clips! Cheers

Oh really, my bad. What every marcus said is correct.

As for fitment. No problems at all. Fits really well and snug under the car.
Not rattling or anything (although when it was first installed it did vibrate at idle now and then) but it think is just had to settle in because it stopped.

I'll post some pics as soon as i get the chance.

Lochstar_69
15-12-2009, 10:36 PM
which headers are you running on the exhaust? i am very interested in purchasing this now. its reasonably priced i think too!

Which headers would you guys recommend?

dtngo
16-12-2009, 12:21 AM
which headers are you running on the exhaust? i am very interested in purchasing this now. its reasonably priced i think too!

He has the J's Racing headers (post #5).

What's your budget? If money is no object then TODA is on top. If you're on a budget the DC Sports have a fairly good rep.

tony1234
16-12-2009, 06:08 AM

Comptech headers.I have them.:thumbsup:
Approx.$760.00AU to your door.

Lochstar_69
16-12-2009, 02:52 PM
mmm.. price is not on that important im just looking for value for money...

i assume that the exhausts and headers are interchangeable (ie you can have DC headers with the fujitsubo exhaust or the toda headers with the fujitsubo exhaust) or will i have to get it fitted

i want to install it myself

lindz234
17-12-2009, 04:53 PM
J's racing not. its requires specific connection or wielding (+subframe needs to be cut abit) to connect to CAT.
Most brands are. Your probably better off getting headers and CAT done by professional.
I recommend sourcing your own Cat if your going to go high flow.

furythree
18-12-2009, 12:50 AM
JDM I payed $1188.65 including shipping. so its around $150 mark. Thats with the discount "ozhonda"

hey did i read this correctly, you bought an exhaust for $150 AUD? thats bloody cheap! is that even possible? wouldit fit the cu2?

im after purely sound difference in the exhaust lol. like that deep ripping bass sound. I heard about cannons but for their price i might as well get a proper exhaust and i dont want to remove the cat. sorry still noob and learning

i saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEKOyw43_A and liked the spoon and J's racing one alot, like everyone else who commented lol

tomacom
18-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I wish it was $150 AUD!!!! No, he's talking about delivery from the US.

Sorry, would love to help but don't know much about the CU2?

euro_tr4sh
18-12-2009, 08:28 PM
hey did i read this correctly, you bought an exhaust for $150 AUD? thats bloody cheap! is that even possible? wouldit fit the cu2?

no, no you did not.... the shipping was 150 bucks and fit cu2 = fail

tony1234
19-12-2009, 08:45 AM
no, no you did not.... the shipping was 150 bucks and fit cu2 = fail
Lol at $150 exhaust!!Would be a piece of shit.

aaronng
19-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Lol at $150 exhaust!!Would be a piece of shit.

At $150, you couldn't even buy the material needed to make such an exhaust even if you decided to make it out of old wood.

lindz234
19-12-2009, 12:21 PM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9708/exhaustbacknonumberplat.jpg

felixd
21-12-2009, 04:19 AM
fujitsubo FTW ! ! ! shiney too ,sport red badge ?..............

Phatboy
21-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Looks V-nice!

Must admit I am looking at purchasing the same product once i decide on headers!

lindz234
21-12-2009, 12:50 PM
fujitsubo FTW ! ! ! shiney too ,sport red badge ?..............

yep! have to have the red badge (genuine of course). goes with the red brake lights!
(brought after market) sports comes with the normal badge.

snYpz
21-12-2009, 08:14 PM
legalis-r was one of the main ones i wanted that wasnt too loud and ricey. however, does it stick out from your rear lip lindz234? thats what put me off from getting one.

lindz234
22-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Not at all, i'll post a pic from side profile when i get the time. But I have the sports, which comes stock with a euro r style body kit.

corn_flakes
23-12-2009, 11:25 AM
i just got myself a buddy club pro spec exhaust...i heard this thing is damn loud right?

anyone here have any experiences with it? like/hate it? too loud? :)

will be installing it myself tomorrow...just going to jack up the car and get under it. any tips or anything i should know before i do the install?

Nathn
23-12-2009, 12:29 PM
got a fuji myself... best exhaust hands down for the euro.

tony1234
23-12-2009, 05:24 PM
i just got myself a buddy club pro spec exhaust...i heard this thing is damn loud right?

will be installing it myself tomorrow...just going to jack up the car and get under it. any tips or anything i should know before i do the install?
Make sure you use stands.You'll also need a mate to help you hold the exhaust while you unbolt it,bolt new exhaust up etc.

corn_flakes
23-12-2009, 05:45 PM
i'll be putting the car up on axle stands...

and do i really need someone to help hold it up if i'm installing it part by part? i don't really have a helper so maybe i will need some rope or some string to help me...lol

racerwannabe
23-12-2009, 05:58 PM
i'll be putting the car up on axle stands...

and do i really need someone to help hold it up if i'm installing it part by part? i don't really have a helper so maybe i will need some rope or some string to help me...lol

A helper will make the job a lot easier...otherwise get something to support the exhaust...like how the exhaust shops do it..

corn_flakes
24-12-2009, 02:10 PM
so i've given up because it was too hard to jack the car up and what not...

not much room to move under it, looked like more hassle to install it than i thought.

anyone have any good exhausts places in sydney that can install it for me? and how much would it cost for them to remove my stock exhaust and put on the new one?

Lochstar_69
24-12-2009, 07:38 PM
good luck trying to get it off from the cat! i had to call it a night last night for my install of the Skunk2 exhaust i bought from Lindz234, im now getting it done pro on tuesday, i couldnt get the bolt undone, i didnt have enough leverage under the car, had 3 blokes trying and we couldnt get it. and we didnt want to strip the bolts, so we had to throw the towel in.

corn_flakes
24-12-2009, 09:22 PM
did u use wd40 or some sort of penetrating spray to get all the rust and all that off the bolt?

did u use a breaker bar?

i am thinking of getting some ramps so i can get more clearance under the car...i've only got a 1400kg rated jack and it didn't lift the car high enough, nor could i find a good place to put the jack at the rear of the car.

also, do you normally put some sealant between the flanges before you bolt them up? or are the metal gaskets sufficient?

sodhi90
25-12-2009, 10:10 AM
when i put my stock cat-back on i just reversed the back of the car onto ramps. and then i had plenty of room.

Lochstar_69
25-12-2009, 10:52 AM
i was on ramps. still couldnt get the leverage with my large ratchet. so yeh. my cars 2inchs lower than stock too on the 16inch stock rims. so i guess that doesnt help.

Blk-Em1
25-12-2009, 02:40 PM
you need a breaker bar n some wd40

need some help ill fit it for you for a small fee :D

d15z1SUX
25-12-2009, 03:16 PM
i have a fujistubo too... pretty quiet

Lochstar_69
25-12-2009, 03:48 PM
ha cheers, but ill get it done by a mate at his workshop he has a hoist and all the tools.

Blk-Em1
25-12-2009, 06:55 PM
ha cheers, but ill get it done by a mate at his workshop he has a hoist and all the tools.

Best way to go! Getting under the car is such a bitch if you don't have a high enough jack.

Lochstar_69
25-12-2009, 07:05 PM
yeh so im pumped to get the skunk2 exhaust on, btw what is some good polish to put on stainless steel?

corn_flakes
25-12-2009, 07:20 PM
try silvo or brasso polish.

works great on my motorcycle exhaust.

Lochstar_69
25-12-2009, 08:19 PM
yeh i was thinking a pollish which didnt cut maybe just like a mag wheel polish?

Tarquin
25-12-2009, 08:44 PM
yeh so im pumped to get the skunk2 exhaust on, btw what is some good polish to put on stainless steel?

autosol and mothers mag and aluminium works well on my exhaust

corn_flakes
26-12-2009, 01:15 AM
hey lockstar, did you use any sealant between the flanges? or did you just use the metal gaskets?

any pros want to answer this and tell me whether the gaskets are good enough or if i should use sealant as well? if so, which is the best sealant to use? i know high temp, but what else?

aaronng
26-12-2009, 12:02 PM
hey lockstar, did you use any sealant between the flanges? or did you just use the metal gaskets?

any pros want to answer this and tell me whether the gaskets are good enough or if i should use sealant as well? if so, which is the best sealant to use? i know high temp, but what else?

I used Permatex Copper high temp exhaust liquid gasket on both sides of the metal gasket.

doosra
30-12-2009, 04:09 PM

i've got the buddyclub pro spec on mine.. it's VERY loud.. gave me a headache for the first few days and then started getting use to it.. it gives the car a good mean look though if you're lowered..

if you're from sydney.. i went to Top One in Arncliffe to install it.. shouldn't cost too much..

corn_flakes
30-12-2009, 10:45 PM
do the silencers make a difference? i'm not sure about the 'loudness' anymore. i prefer something quieter and something that doesn't draw so much attention.

my car aint lowered or anything either. will be pretty much stock. don't know if i should install it if it's TOO loud. might sell it and get a quieter one then (don't want to waste time installing it then taking it off again)

doosra
31-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I bought mine second hand and the silencer was missing so I can't comment on that.

It is loud.. And gets a bit getting used to.. I like the look, but prefer just the sound of the induction..

corn_flakes
01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
meh, i'm gonna sell it. decided not to go with an exhaust as i work till late and don't want to wake the neighbours when i get home.

tried installing it myself but couldn't get enough ground clearance. seemed like too much of a pain in the ass even with the car on ramps.

anyone want to buy it? lol

corn_flakes
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
good luck trying to get it off from the cat! i had to call it a night last night for my install of the Skunk2 exhaust i bought from Lindz234, im now getting it done pro on tuesday, i couldnt get the bolt undone, i didnt have enough leverage under the car, had 3 blokes trying and we couldnt get it. and we didnt want to strip the bolts, so we had to throw the towel in.

those damn bolts won't budge!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried using a breaker bar too, but still couldn't get enough room/clearance.

should i throw in the towel yet?

tony1234
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Use a 4 post hoist and you'll be right.Or if you have stands or ramps you may be able to get the clearance you need.

aaronng
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM

Make sure you are turning it the correct way. Righty tighty, lefty loosy. One way I use is to get the socket on such that you have to push up to loosen in. Get under the breaker bar and push it up as if you are doing a bench press. Usually gives you more strength than trying to pull down in a confined space. Be careful though because you can bruise and scrape your knuckles once the bolt loosens and you hit the underside of the chassis. :)

gumbel
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
spray wd40 or other water dispenser product to loosen the bolt

corn_flakes
07-01-2010, 06:55 PM
yeh i had the car up on ramps...

sprayed wd40 on it, turned it ANTI clockwise...won't budge.

tapping it with a hammer didn't help either.

going to put the exhaust up for sale...lol

doosra
08-01-2010, 03:05 PM
haahha.. bl corn flakes.. epic fail.. did you buy it brand new.. ?

corn_flakes
09-01-2010, 01:50 AM
nah bought it used. the guy had it on his car for 2months and sold it coz his gf drives the car and she hates exhausts. lol.

BraXta
09-01-2010, 11:08 AM
screw WD40... that stuff is crap!

INOX is the way to go ... gets into the tightest of tights... =D

we use that stuff at work and get 70 year old Lift Motors screws loose =D

try getting like a punch and tap the top of the head after you douse it with INOX and they might crack it alittle too...

and if in doubt... get a blowtorch lol... heat that sucka up then try =P

SIL3Nt
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
does the fujitsubo exhaust drone at all in the car when driving normally?

d15z1SUX
09-01-2010, 12:27 PM
nah it doesn't if its the legalis r exhaust

kuyar11
26-03-2010, 04:34 PM
hey doesanyone know the difference between the USDM and JDM model? fitment?

racerwannabe
26-03-2010, 05:06 PM
hey doesanyone know the difference between the USDM and JDM model? fitment?

there should not be any differences at all.

euro_tr4sh
27-03-2010, 12:14 AM
ones slightly longer or shorter, cant remember, read this thread, its here somewhere

kuyar11
29-03-2010, 03:32 AM
oh cool thanks. Another question i have is that will there be a performance issue with the fujitsubo legalis r and a CAI? Seeing as this exhaust is for low to mid range gains, whereas a CAI is mid to high gains. Will it matter? Thanks in advance

aaronng
29-03-2010, 07:09 AM
oh cool thanks. Another question i have is that will there be a performance issue with the fujitsubo legalis r and a CAI? Seeing as this exhaust is for low to mid range gains, whereas a CAI is mid to high gains. Will it matter? Thanks in advance

It doesn't work that way.

So you can get both and it will work fine.