PDA

View Full Version : Raced a Civic VTiR.

bluebird
26-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

Raced a silver Civic VTiR tonight on the way to work... rolling first gear run to my third gear. Had about half a car on him. There was an astra in the third lane, and we both demolished him :D

Realised how short the B16A gearboxes are... i'm at 7k in second, and he's already into third, haha.

He said it was dead stock.. he had big blue (sparco?) seats in the front. I asked him what mechanical mods he had, he said "dead stock man". I asked about the exhaust, and why I could hear his pod filter.. when he told me he had those mods and none else. I can't figure why people lie about being stock or not. He also had a Apexi unit on the dash. Not sure whether it was a RSM or a VTEC controller though?

Anyway, it was good fun. Not sure on how well the guy could drive though, I've raced "astro" on here heaps of times, he has the same car but dead stock, and we are pretty much dead equal up to 120km/hr, where I start to pull away..

Re,
Tommo.

spoondc2
26-11-2004, 09:21 PM
well.... pretty obvious, they believe if they could beat ppl with fully stock car, they are racing driver like Senna, just let them have fun

bluebird
26-11-2004, 09:29 PM
well.... pretty obvious, they believe if they could beat ppl with fully stock car, they are racing driver like Senna, just let them have funhaha, so true.. but it just sh^ts me, only cause before I lost my license, I used to race everywhere, and I hated when people wouldn't tell you whats done, cause they consider loosing as an insult :confused:

spoondc2
26-11-2004, 09:40 PM
haha, so true.. but it just sh^ts me, only cause before I lost my license, I used to race everywhere, and I hated when people wouldn't tell you whats done, cause they consider loosing as an insult :confused:
Totally agree, chicken afraid to lose, it's ok to say close to stock, but never say FULLY STOCK, I would tell everyone that my car is close to stock because it's true, but i won't say, yeah.... it's totally stock.......... I had experience that someone put fully slick on his "unbalance" modify car and finally i do better lap time than him, and after that he came to me and keep asking me about my mods and i keep saying that my car is quite stock and just done the suspension, intake, plugs and wire and exhaust, no more, and he just don't believe that and i just let him to check, afterthat i ask him what did he mod and he keep saying that he have a fully stock car, and i think "WTF, stop giving me shit", a fully stock car with colourful engine bay? have a #)%( *#) turbo even bigger than my butt? freaking big caliper, coilovers, CF seat(only 1 seat inside), rollcage, you call that a fully stock? come on!!! go back and play your TOMI toy car, i really wanna tell him what reason why he didn't do good lap time is because he never take apex and drive the car like a snake...........

Chi
26-11-2004, 10:11 PM
well, try racing this car lol

http://www.skafia.com/myPix/macrosshn-73684673.jpg

bluebird
26-11-2004, 10:13 PM
lol - sounds like you get quite angry over it too, haha.

My car at least IS stock, although I have put a K&N air filter replacement into the standard air box... so I suppose, essentially, although no power was gained, it ISN'T stock :(

**Ghost**
26-11-2004, 11:40 PM
funni thing is i just raced a Teg VTIR today. I was ahead until the end of 3rd gear... and then he started getting in front... but it was at that point we reached the "lock me up" speed and we were approaching a cop shop so we stopped

my mods: ARC Super Induction Box

silvia200sx
27-11-2004, 12:35 AM
sounds like a pretty close match!

bluebird
27-11-2004, 03:22 AM
funni thing is i just raced a Teg VTIR today. I was ahead until the end of 3rd gear... and then he started getting in front... but it was at that point we reached the "lock me up" speed and we were approaching a cop shop so we stopped

my mods: ARC Super Induction BoxWell you are in Melb, so that defintely wasn't me :!:

Sounds good anyway, from the two different races I've had the VTiR Teg really seems to only show it's better performance in third gear or higher.

fried
27-11-2004, 10:54 AM
from driving the two different cars, (ek4 and dc2) they are fairly matched in first and second. 3rd in the dc2, seems to get more pull - higher displacement possibly?
when driving the ek4, it seemed lighter, and able to rev through more smoothly, possibly the reason why it gives it in first and second, while the dc2 feels boggier and slower to rev through, but still keeps up. but then once moving, i spose the bigger engine and extra power gives it mroe go higher up.

improbably wrong.

**Ghost**
27-11-2004, 11:09 AM
yeps, the butt on seats feelings are consistent... EK4 basically has no 4th gear, 4th gear might as well be 5th. I've treid everything from revving it to buggery and even flat shifting once and 4th gear still sucks :( there is, after all, no replacement for displacement

[[d a n n y]]
27-11-2004, 02:03 PM
the gear ratios are really short on the b16a

u'll b doing 180 in 5th gear at about 6K rpm

z10
27-11-2004, 10:09 PM
gear ratio of ek4 and dc2 vtir are exactly the SAME except 4th and 5th. same 1st to 3rd ratio and both sharing a 4.4 final drive. dc2 type R however have a 4.7 final drive, 98spec and up.

fried
28-11-2004, 12:46 AM
]']the gear ratios are really short on the b16a

gear ratio of ek4 and dc2 vtir are exactly the SAME. same 1st to 5th ratio and both sharing a 4.4 final drive. dc2 type R however have a 4.7 final drive, 98spec and up.
lol. i think id rather trust z on this one.

:rolleyes:

hey, i have a question about the gearbox, or head or something. why do some dc2 owners want b16a head? or b16a gearbox? or did i jsut hear them wrong?

spoondc2
28-11-2004, 04:18 AM
ek4 gear ratio = 96 spec type-r but
ek4 gear ratio =/= dc2 vti-r..........

ek4 = S4
dc2 vti-r = V4D
dc2 r = N3E

they are all different............

ppl want b16 head on vti-r because they could put on all the type-r engine parts. for eg: intake manifold, throttle body...etc, you couldn't do that with the p72 head, this gives you a poor man type-r engine

and b16a gearbox's ratio is same as 96 spec ITR and it's cheaper to get. For perfect gearbox match it should be: ek4 gearbox + 98 spec final gear + 96 spec 4th and 5th gear, best combinations..... :thumbsup:

Speeder
28-11-2004, 03:57 PM
For me a car with airfilter, exhaust, springs, i call em stock. it really isnt a 'modified' car from my eyes. yes its not dead stock, but i would refer it as stock car. I mean its not a big modification, its more of an upgrading, not modifiyng.
btw nice run, civic vtir are a zippy cars too :thumbsup:

spoondc2
28-11-2004, 06:22 PM
For me a car with airfilter, exhaust, springs, i call em stock. it really isnt a 'modified' car from my eyes. yes its not dead stock, but i would refer it as stock car. I mean its not a big modification, its more of an upgrading, not modifiyng.
Yes i agree..... but those ppl just keep saying that their car is "TOTOALLY STOCK", not STOCK...... it's a big different, they just afriad to lose, i will tell ppl that i have a car with basic mods but not stock car, it's just a shame to lie

ginganggooly
28-11-2004, 09:15 PM
gear ratio of ek4 and dc2 vtir are exactly the SAME except 4th and 5th. same 1st to 3rd ratio and both sharing a 4.4 final drive. dc2 type R however have a 4.7 final drive, 98spec and up.
i think you may be mistaken there- the gearing is different, 1st to 5th. you can carry around (an indicated) 110 in second in the dc2, while its up at around 95 or so in the civic. the gearing is closer in the civic, i think the diff ratios are the same though.
when i used to race my mate's civic vti-r when both the cars were stock, it sounded like pretty muct the same story that bluebird just told. fairly close until 3rd gear, where the dc2 pulls away.

fried
28-11-2004, 09:31 PM
u say toe-mah-toe, i say toe-may-toe

modifying means changing what was originally there. so if ur changing ur original parts, then its modifying in my eyes. even if u were to change from aus OEM parts to Jap OEM parts its still modifying - but depending on how u modify and parts u use, will determine the outcome and effectiveness of those modifications.

ginganggooly
28-11-2004, 09:54 PM
no point arguing about semantics now, is there?

i've always found it amusing when people say their cars are stock when they've done a whole lot of work... i could understand it if they were doing it to prevent car theft in some round about fashion, but i tend to think they say that to make the person they're racing feel like shit. which really isn't the most pleasant thing in the world to do to someone ;)

**Ghost**
28-11-2004, 11:20 PM
true... i know someone who actaully denies he has a turbo... even though he has a FMIC

[[d a n n y]]
29-11-2004, 08:45 AM
lol. i think id rather trust z on this one.

:rolleyes:

hey, i have a question about the gearbox, or head or something. why do some dc2 owners want b16a head? or b16a gearbox? or did i jsut hear them wrong?
huh?
does that mean i am wrong.?:confused:

Hondavirgin
29-11-2004, 11:29 AM
i'd call a car that has power increasing mods on it not stock, but a car with mods that don't really make any difference i.e. a filter, i'd still call stock..

but then again, i've had this discussion with Bluebird before! :D

EG5
29-11-2004, 11:44 AM
]']huh?
does that mean i am wrong.?:confused:
http://technet.ff-squad.com/

specnically speaking : go to B series gear ratio guide.

this info is from katman ''ff squad technical therapist''

Speeder
29-11-2004, 07:13 PM
true... i know someone who actaully denies he has a turbo... even though he has a FMIC
he/she might have a supercharger;)

incoming
02-12-2004, 07:29 PM
]']

hehe i hit my speed limiter (180kph) in 4th gear

ohh the potential.....

BlitZ
23-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Are u in sydney..
is the civic a cyprus green.. running a buddy club zorst?:thumbsup:

Hi all,

Raced a silver Civic VTiR tonight on the way to work... rolling first gear run to my third gear. Had about half a car on him. There was an astra in the third lane, and we both demolished him :D

Realised how short the B16A gearboxes are... i'm at 7k in second, and he's already into third, haha.

He said it was dead stock.. he had big blue (sparco?) seats in the front. I asked him what mechanical mods he had, he said "dead stock man". I asked about the exhaust, and why I could hear his pod filter.. when he told me he had those mods and none else. I can't figure why people lie about being stock or not. He also had a Apexi unit on the dash. Not sure whether it was a RSM or a VTEC controller though?

Anyway, it was good fun. Not sure on how well the guy could drive though, I've raced "astro" on here heaps of times, he has the same car but dead stock, and we are pretty much dead equal up to 120km/hr, where I start to pull away..

Re,
Tommo.

JDM Element
23-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Do these ppl want to be renowned for being super drivers or something?
I can't really understand that either.

"man i fully beat a skyline in my stock civic.....yeah its stock man......but yeah im a really fast shifter..."

Mr Wendal
27-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Well you are in Melb, so that defintely wasn't me :!:

Sounds good anyway, from the two different races I've had the VTiR Teg really seems to only show it's better performance in third gear or higher.yep i believe that too! i 'went fast at a traffic light' with a civic vtir (silver as well!!) he had stickers and stuff! hehe! but the rest seemed pretty much stock... although i could hear his pod making a hell of a lot of noise as i passed him (never stopped and talked so i dont know what he had) i had a horrible start as i was looking sideways at the traffic light :o ...does the civic vtec kick in earlier? like what rpm does that engage?

hehe oh yeah.. i can safely say that my car is 100% STOCK! hehe.. not even a tinted window... hmm. maybe u could say the paint on the side is not factory coz it was resprayed?!! all good tho.

J-MuN
14-01-2005, 10:01 PM
this thread has slowly gone off track... hehe:p now we talking bout the definition of "STOCK"... bahhaha..

bennjamin
14-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Bluebird came...saw...concquered a ek4 vtir.

Nuff said - end of conversation.