PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Oil Catch Can

Silverstone
14-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey guys im considering buying a Cusco oil catch can for my car, I heard its good for collecting dirty s#!t from the engine and reduces oil burn in s2000s. Should i get a 9mm or 15mm catch can?

JAP-S2K
15-12-2009, 04:25 PM
9mm is fine. Make sure you hook it up correctly though. It should exit PCV then to catch can, from catch can to inlet manifold. Not the one from the front of the rocker cover. That one draws air in 90% of the time, unless your full throttle.

Age_S2000
19-12-2009, 11:41 AM
both rocker cover vents are going to the catch can on mine i havnt had eny issues...

JAP-S2K
20-12-2009, 08:28 PM
both rocker cover vents are going to the catch can on mine i havnt had eny issues...

Hooking both up to the catch can is not recommended for motor's that don't see regular full throttle. This method means there is no internal engine breathing. The F20C like most modern engines depend on engine breathing/cleaning by the use of vacuum via the inlet manifold, thus the use for the PCV. By not using vacuum to draw out combustion gases in the crankcase, you are technically letting these gases break down the engine oil. Thus over time causing premature wear. The only way these gases vent is when the engine has blow-by, not good for your engine oil.

DLO01
20-12-2009, 08:41 PM
As Jap-S2k said above. ^^^^ :thumbsup:

I think I've posted this photo 100 times on this forum:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Temp/accord_pcv_657b.gif

jords
20-12-2009, 08:44 PM
somebody post a pic of their set up.

DLO01
20-12-2009, 09:22 PM
As per my diagram above. Catch can is in between PCV valve and Intake Manifold (DC2R).

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Misc/ResizeofDSC01381.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Temp/accord_pcv_657b.gif

rossirider
21-12-2009, 12:40 AM
what kind of baffling are you running in the cusco can?

raffyboy
09-09-2010, 11:44 AM
sorry for bumping but i need more answer - For the setup above photo is that pretty much the same for b16a motors?

I was checking mine last week the hose from my engine (rocker cover) goes to the CAI not in the manifold like the photo above

Please let me know if I am wrong or correct as I am installing mine this weekend.

m3ntAL_l2
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
how often do you have to empty the can?

JAP-S2K
09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
sorry for bumping but i need more answer - For the setup above photo is that pretty much the same for b16a motors?

I was checking mine last week the hose from my engine (rocker cover) goes to the CAI not in the manifold like the photo above

Please let me know if I am wrong or correct as I am installing mine this weekend.

There's two points on your cover, one pulls air into the engine and is usually(standard trim) connected infront of your throttle body on the intake side, the other should be connected to your intake manifold after the throttle body, as the vacuum created from your engine draws contaminated air out!

raffyboy
09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
There's two points on your cover, one pulls air into the engine and is usually(standard trim) connected infront of your throttle body on the intake side, the other should be connected to your intake manifold after the throttle body, as the vacuum created from your engine draws contaminated air out!

OK so the one I was going to connect or thinking is wrong then aye?

Can you send photo if you dont mind I want to make sure that I am connecting the hose correctly

So from the 2 points you mention I have to disconnect the existing hose that connects from the Rocker cover to the intake manifold?

to here?

connected infront of your throttle body on the intake side, the other should be connected to your intake manifold after the throttle body, as the vacuum created from your engine draws contaminated air out!

raffyboy
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I will do a DIY thread for this as its really hard to do some research - been studying this for a week now

DLO01
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM

Same for B16A. Look at the photo again. Rocker cover does go to the intake pipe in the diagram/photo. See how it shows 'before' the Throttle Body? This is equivalant to your CAI.

At idle your throttle body is CLOSED, therefore causes a vacume in the intake manifold, sucks open the pcv valve and draws air through the engine: intake arm, rocker cover, through engine, out through black box, pcv valve, intake manifold. Thats why you need the catch can in this path as it can collect oil particals before being sucked in to the intake manifold.

raffyboy
09-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Same for B16A. Look at the photo again. Rocker cover does go to the intake pipe in the diagram/photo. See how it shows 'before' the Throttle Body? This is equivalant to your CAI.

At idle your throttle body is CLOSED, therefore causes a vacume in the intake manifold, sucks open the pcv valve and draws air through the engine: intake arm, rocker cover, through engine, out through black box, pcv valve, intake manifold. Thats why you need the catch can in this path as it can collect oil particals before being sucked in to the intake manifold.
Thanks mate I will check this on the weekend and will take photos after