PDA

View Full Version : JDM Lights from usa

m.o.d.aus
15-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey guys,
Looking at getting some of the black housing lights and amber corner set, now with the black housing lights, because they are coming from the US, will they be angled differently to standard aus lights? Is there a way to re-angle them? Should i bother?
Cheers Mod.

98vtir
15-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah they will probably have the cut off so the light will shine into oncoming traffic. There is a writeup somewhere about DIY flipping it but I can't find it.

Probably wouldn't matter too much unless you have HID as the normal beam isn't too hectic. Protential defect?

EDIT: Yep I did find it haha http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86329&highlight=DIY+cutoff

wAYzoR
15-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Bit off topic but big chance they wont be ADR approved also, which yes can be a defect..

m.o.d.aus
15-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Didnt think headlights were in under the ADR system, knowing that ill probs just get some amber corners, the ones i did myself came out too dark.
Cheers for the info, Mod.

Boban
16-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I ran around with the black housing ones for around 2 years with and without hids, no problems at all (or maybe i was just lucky)

EK1.6LCIV
17-12-2009, 10:23 AM
same ran my halo projectors on my 96-98 EK/EJ for at least 3yrs with no problems from transport athorities on numerous occasions, they shined further but all I can offer is they cut off the angle on the sides which bothered me

keeping the stock lights and paying $38 to upgrade to brighter ADR bulbs is a smarter/cheaper way to go

and they won't get that gay fog in them which seems to happen to a majority of aftermarket HK headlights