PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to take off turbo?

[Cukup-1]
15-12-2009, 09:59 PM
HI guys im in adelaide and looking at this civic turbo from melb. As far as im concern i need to get through a car inspection to get it registered in SA. My question is is it hard to take off the turbo just enough to pass the inspection.

all the info i got is it got sr20 redtop turbo T28, intercooler AVO blow off, custom piping and 5 inch tip x force exhast.

And can you recommend any place in Adelaide that can do this for me.

Cheers

Chriskoss
15-12-2009, 10:05 PM
pretty much just remove all turbo gear replace it with stock gear like stock manifold, radiator and air intake.. cant be that hard

SHOGUNOVDDRK
15-12-2009, 10:08 PM
has the engines compression been changed?

Tarquin
15-12-2009, 11:24 PM
has the engines computer been changed?

Limbo
15-12-2009, 11:37 PM
computer would have had to have some adjustment.
Also using a non-ballbering T28 is going cheap, i really doubt they have changed compression or even opened the motor. Also its a AVO manifold, so most likely again its a bolt-on. People who rebuild their motors have custom kits with better turbos

What your gonna need to do is;
Get a stock ECU or borrow one for that car/motor
Unbolt everything on the exhuast & intercooler - gonna need stock exhaust system to put back
replace to stock injectors, may need to adjust the injector clips depending on motor
plug the return sump line for the oil & plug the oil feed.
put in stock intake

that should be about it, but its alot to do

[Cukup-1]
15-12-2009, 11:47 PM
hmmm yeah sounds like alot to do specially for someone like who have minimal knowledge bout turbo n stuff lol.
I might get someone to do it for me i guess or register it in VIC( still trying to find a way to do that).
Thank you for the info i appreciate it mate

SHOGUNOVDDRK
15-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Limbo forget to add at the end of that post "yours truly, Limbo the Legend."

lithium
16-12-2009, 01:16 PM
yeah removing a turbo is not so easy, significant labour involved so it won't be at all cheap

seeing as you'll be spending extra money anyway, have you thought about getting it certified by an engineer before taking it to get it inspected? that 5 inch tip will probably have to go but apart from that it'll probably cost you less than paying someone to take everything off, then put it back on. it'll be legal too, less hassle from the boys in blue :thumbsup:

[Cukup-1]
16-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Hmmm...thats probably a better option, how much to get it engineered just generally speaking?

Another option is to register it in VIC i guess, i dont know if i can do it with just a change of address of license and maybe bank statement to VIC address.