PDA

View Full Version : Cheapo ebay CAI

npcan2
18-12-2009, 12:10 AM
I found this cheap CAI on ebay, and I was wondering if anyone could verify if everything on the actual piping looks correct?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2759.l1259&item=390129135408&viewitem=

I will change the pod over as soon as i get the product, but I can't justify spending the extra money on a piece of metal if it does the same thing.

Does it look similar to everyone elses (eg. length, hole positioning for sensors and other stuff, size of those holes...)

Cheers

BTW, this forum is way too addictive!! So many ideas for my car now!

Darkii_
18-12-2009, 12:36 AM
mmm it looks to be alright, but its just a picture and you cant exactly tell with the fitment etc.

If the auction says its for that model and it doesn't fit you can always dispute/return it, but that's the hassle/risk you'll have to go with to save some cash.

ninzee
18-12-2009, 12:40 AM
my m8 brought 1 for his crx and the metal isnt quite bad still works the same as my injen on my eg5 i think his is aluminium but not 2 sure

not 2 sure about that 1 with length holes and that stuff but on the crx everything lined up perfectly and the size was spot on too

hope it helps cheers

euromandeluxe
18-12-2009, 02:52 AM
bear in mind that's on ebay USA, and usually if you get it shipped here shipping will cost you around $60. that's more than the cost of the intake itself. it still turns out cheaper than the branded ones, but you're fked if something goes wrong with it.

if you ship using a re-direction shipping service like shipito.com i'm sure it'd be cheaper though

npcan2
24-12-2009, 04:20 PM
What is the best CAI/Short ram setup? Everyone seems to have Injen, but is it really that much better than say, K&N??

tony1234
24-12-2009, 05:32 PM
What is the best CAI/Short ram setup? Everyone seems to have Injen, but is it really that much better than say, K&N??
Get a Comptech Icebox.More stealth than CAI.

Lochstar_69
24-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I have a HPS CAI, which i bought off ebay in Feb. Its basically the same as that one ur looking at buying except mine can be converted to Short ram....

It fitted perfectally and i havent had any problems with it.. nothing can really happen to it, its a metal pipe! everything should just plug onto and fit...

i did put a K+N pod on it when i got it and yeh is great, great sound and good value for $120!

I dont know about the performance gains in comparison of mine compared to a full K+N CAI or compared to an INJEN CAI. its obviously better qaulity metal piping, but really i dont know how that could increase power, although i think that they are a larger diameter pipe, feel free to correct me if i am wrong....

npcan2
27-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I love the noise of a pod on a cold cold night! haha

Which would give better performance gains?

Injen CAI/Short Ram, or K&N CAI/Short Ram.

Cheers!

Phased
27-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I love the noise of a pod on a cold cold night! haha

Which would give better performance gains?

Injen CAI/Short Ram, or K&N CAI/Short Ram.

Cheers!

The main thing that would sway me away from the K&N CAI is the type of filter media they use. (Oiled Wet Cotton Gauze). Great for flow but not for filtering. Although I think the normal Injen's come with a similar type of filter the Injen/AMSOIL CAI's come with an AMSOIL EA Air Filter.. Dry NanoFibre media. Filters much better with similar flow.

Also technically according to Australian law, oiled air filters are illegal whether they're enclosed or not. Surprised me too!

npcan2
29-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks man, that clears up alot!