PDA

View Full Version : seen the light! 1hr owner of s/h Jazz 2003.

Minsik
18-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi,

My names Minisk and located in South Australian town down south of the state. My wife and I have been needing to get a reliable car at a lowish price and shopping around test driving different cars.

On a turn of a card and luck I ended up checking out a local dealer to see what they had and after looking at magna wagon saw and fell in love with a light blue 2003 jazz. 1 owner, dealer serviced every 6 months, and immacculate condition. 47Kms and reasonable price. After trying Getz, (daughter one and two have one each), I felt more at home and in TUNE with Honda Jazz after just 10 minutes in the car. Then I drove it. Smooooth and this is not a new car either.

Price talk, wife talk, then wife drive (she felt at home almost immeadiately even thought she hates driving, very timid and worried person,) and we are now the owners. Wow.

Our previous cars have been since s/h 1973 HK Holden sedan (1st car was ripped off), new Mitsubishi Galant, new Toyota landcruiser shortwheelbase version, new Toyota Corona liftback fully imported version, New Ford 1989 Laser 1.6l air cond+power steering as short local runnabout and a 12month old Toyota Tarago RV as work and main family car. After 20 years service Toyota wore out, sold it cheap, Laser 188k and developing problems worried about safely, reliabillity and fuel economy we are now into the Jazz.

Incredible how outside Jazz looks like an Ant yet a Cavern inside! How do they do that? CVI and 1.5L is 200% better than sluggish laser auto 1.6l car. Wife loves Dumbum auto mode, hubby loves a little more Sport control and it travels so well. Just come back from a 20k tipple in the local countryside.

Read all the forums around and this is a most excellent source for info so thanks to all who put their tips, hardware how to's etc for good use with everyone.

Even though I am long in the tooth at 55 I never stop learning and bless every day meeting new helpfull people.

Personally i am Electronics nut, workaholic and atarted off in Apprentiship 1971 in Adelaide, CTV came out and moved to the Riverland. boom years Sanyo and Rankareana all over the area, delivered, sold serviced. Then 20 years in a small town in SE SA with own business electronic service and that meant everything from TV VCR, audio, FAX, Car dashboards, cattle prods and the list goes on and on.
Now working in a local TV station.

So thats a potted history guys and gals. thanks again.

Minsik ;)

beeza
18-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats family and welcome to Ozhonda!

I would run a can of Suburu upper engine cleaner throught her.It costs $17 from a suburu dealer and works wonders.It will clean all the carbon build up out of the engine and make it run even smoooother.I would say there is a bit in there after 47,000km's and it couldn't hurt anyways!

xntrik
18-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Go jazz!

LiL FiLo
19-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Welcome!

Minsik
21-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am not a petrol head and allways treated cars as method of point a to b. Seemed to consume too much money that i never ever had. However the Jazz just seems like that Mini Cooper-S that i allways wanted and couldnt afford either! Just a heap more modern!

Its like Fun now!

beeza
22-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I've never driven or been in a jazz bu they sound like they have some power?

We all know how fun it is to put ya foot down and go WEEEEEEEEE,it's just to risky to do it.I'm stressed,foot goes down,WEEEEEE,I feel better now! Bang! Done by cop!