PDA

View Full Version : FN2 clutch

eddie_d4
19-12-2009, 04:57 AM
Ok this is abit of a weird problem. Last night i was practicing launching and i did a few power shifts and yes the clutch got hot so the gear changing felt abit smoother afterwards. But no gear crunching or anything.
I got in the car the following afternoon when everything was cold and the clutch feels different.

It still feels the same when you depress it but it is smoother when you change gear. It feels like the friction point is lower to the ground and it is not as edgy and hard on the gear change like before. Especially first gear; it feels as though it isnt as jumpy on takeoff and second feels like you dont have to rev match as much for a smoother change.

I did the test and put it into 6th while driving and floored it but the clutch seems fine, no slippage or anything.

I dunno if this is a good or a bad thing. Is the clutch worn more if it is doing this? is it something to do with the fluid?.... It doesnt feel bad, just different like the car isnt as rough on the gear change as it used to be.

it is and 07 model and i bought it on about 20,000ks n iv only done about 1,000ks in it so far. So i doubt the clutch would be bad because it is still new.

Stechy
21-12-2009, 10:07 AM
the clutch seems fine

i have a fn2 and mine has seemed to have opened up abit more compared to the first 20Ks..... it wont have anything to with the fluids

especially when ur not used to your clutch (as you mentioned you bought it the day before when u picked it up) and you rev it out you are kinda gauranted that you would put a little stress and wear on the clutch.....

it but anyway, shouldnt be much to worry about...... just try to observe it the next few days and see if there is any changes.

aaronng
21-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I think you just cooked the clutch fluid a bit and hence the bite point is a bit lower to the ground. Just bleed out a little bit of the old clutch fluid and it should be fine again.

If the clutch wears, the friction point usually becomes higher up the clutch pedal travel.

eddie_d4
22-12-2009, 03:56 AM
thanks guys for the help ye i think you are both right.... I worry too much lol... It has not been bad at all over the past few days. Clutch still feels abit softer but the gear changes are abit smoother so im not really complaining now. Just enjoying the vtec haha :)