PDA

View Full Version : PB Blaster

merryfool86
20-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Not sure where to put this question...

Does anyone know where to buy PB Blaster? I'm trying to remove the rear engine mount but the two bolts holding it in aren't budging.

Alternatively is there another product I could use? I spent a day spraying them with WD40 but it didn't do anything at all

lithium
20-12-2009, 05:40 PM
i've had luck with loctite freeze and release. WD-40 isn't so great for stuff like rusted car bolts...

SHI-FTY
21-12-2009, 06:16 PM
which bolts have you taken out so far? there are 3 bolts mounting the engine mount to the subframe, then you got the big bolt which goes in from the the rear engine bracket(T-bracket watever) horizontally, n i no this is a silly question but have you taken the weight off that mount??. U cud also get more free play wit your motor if you undo the bolts for the torque mounts thanks god i escaped doing this without undoing the torque mounts but undoing them will give your motor more forward movement
not too sure where u can buy but i wouldnt doubt autocar shops i get mine personally from work for fwee. according to the US u can mix up brake fluid and powersteering fluid and it will work the same as pb :S ill try find the link for this lol