PDA

View Full Version : radiator drinking coolant B16a2??? help

felixd
21-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Hi guys just wondering what might be the problem . my bro CRX has drinkin the coolant everytime he drive it hard . :( we got that ebay polished radiator came with the car. the car is not overheating or what soever but it annoying we hav to fill the coolant every like 2 days or so . theres no leaks too. manual engine b16a2

Help help :(

chowdaa
21-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Out of cancellation if it isn't an external leak, has to be a breach into the cylinders. keep an eye out for sneaky external leaks such as faulty radiator cap not holding pressure, allowing too much to the overflow bottle, leaking overflow bottle, thermostat seal/area, possibilities are endless.

Maybe park over some cardboard after a heated drive/engine at normal operating temp/pressured system. Then checketh thy internal combustion engine for leaks.

felixd
21-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Out of cancellation if it isn't an external leak, has to be a breach into the cylinders. keep an eye out for sneaky external leaks such as faulty radiator cap not holding pressure, allowing too much to the overflow bottle, leaking overflow bottle, thermostat seal/area, possibilities are endless.

Maybe park over some cardboard after a heated drive/engine at normal operating temp/pressured system. Then checketh thy internal combustion engine for leaks.

thx will go to mech n check it up cuz im sure theres no external leaks cuz there's not single dripps out from the car when park on our garage :(.

felixd
21-12-2009, 01:00 AM
hmm what colour of smoke is it has to be if for instance the coolant has leak into one of the cylinders cuz i remember if its leakin internally it should puff out some color of smoke. ?

Limbo
21-12-2009, 01:21 AM
the exhaust smoke comes out white.
Check oil to see if you can see milky residue

Only way to really tell is to get it tested at a radiator place

felixd
21-12-2009, 01:41 AM
the exhaust smoke comes out white.
Check oil to see if you can see milky residue

Only way to really tell is to get it tested at a radiator place

ok dokie will do :)

grifty
22-12-2009, 01:23 AM
tell me if you get the issue sorted because i got the exact same problem with my concerto

Mu Secret
22-12-2009, 01:26 AM
tell me if you get the issue sorted because i got the exact same problem with my concerto

me too, but my radiator can last about 3 week.

felixd
22-12-2009, 01:46 AM
hmm is dat suppose to happen with b16a ? cuz theres no sign of internal or external elaks :( will it be the cheapo radiator itself ? that could overheat n boiled off the coolant ?

SuiJin
22-12-2009, 02:04 AM
doubt it mayb a leak whilst and only whilst driving?

felixd
22-12-2009, 02:46 AM
hmm kay at long as theres no over heating occurs i think it the radiator it self

tiksie
22-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Go take off your radiator cap, and look under it and take a photo of it, and take a photo of the hole of the radiator.

Also take a photo of under the engine oil cap.

Post them here :)

felixd
22-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Go take off your radiator cap, and look under it and take a photo of it, and take a photo of the hole of the radiator.

Also take a photo of under the engine oil cap.

Post them here :)

clean n clear but ?

mocchi
22-12-2009, 09:06 AM
there might a leak on hose fittings. check for dried up deposit of rad fluid on all hose connections.

there are 6 or 7 hoses altogether.

felixd
22-12-2009, 03:45 PM
ok dokly

Sir_vtec
22-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Your head gasket is the problem if you hit the high rpms and your getting smoke coming out the exhaust.

grifty
22-12-2009, 11:38 PM
why only at high rpms??

~Sp33~
23-12-2009, 08:45 PM
why only at high rpms??

Well it's not ONLY at high RPM's, but it's going to be a lot more noticeable at high RPM.

Assume the piston draws in 1mL of coolant through a leak in the head gasket on the intake stroke (for arguments sake). You might not notice the smoke from 1mL of coolant burning off at idle (250 times a minute (and 250mL of coolant burning off per minute) @ 1000rpm), but if you're doing 7000rpm, then suddenly your engine is drawing in 1750mL per minute which will probably make a larger more noticeable cloud of white smoke.

Also the hotter an engine is, the softer materials seems to get, so the larger gaps/holes/cracks get.