PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Exhaust choices

tiah313
21-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Just got my DC2R for a month, and i want to change my exhaust system (B pipe and Muffler) not enough for headers yet =D

Wanna know wht are the pro's and con's of the aftermarket exhaust like Mugen twinloop, 5ZIGEN, SKUNK2 MegaPower, Fijitsubo and Spoon etc. what are the difference between them other than look and noise. i will be staying N/A, want a bit more performance gain.

What are the prices for those exhaust and what will be the best brand for me??

cheers :D

Tegzieboi_BAR
21-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Mugen Twinloop is the go if ur after power + nice note... but its gna cost you. Personally i have a Fujitsubo RM-01A n i love it, noticeable power increase, fairly quiet compared to pretty much all the others n id have to say the best sounding note, thats y i went for it... but each to their own, some may prefer louder exhaust. 5Zigen, cant confirm this coz i havnt used it but from what ive read its failry restrictive so proly not the best option. Buddyclub n Skunk would prolly b a better alternative if ur goin for track... at the end of the day it all depends on how much attention u want frm the authorities n what the main purpose 4 the car is.

mnc
21-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Mugen twinloop or fujitsubo RM01A/PG.

noisy exhaust systems have to many downsides.
*parents
*neighbors (Complaints)
*Cops ---->>> Defect.
*Can't sneak out to do personal things ;)
etc etc... you get what I mean.

P.s. You can always use a silencer for the louder exhaust though.

Tegzieboi_BAR
21-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Ive always loved the design of the Fuji Legalis-R and its actually 2dB quiter than the RM-01A but the note is a bit farty/tinny for my liking.

M@lew
21-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Buddy club is what I had at pancake parlour so it's pretty loud but i would use it for trackn since I love the way it sounds when pushed. My fujitsubo power getter is going back on tomorrow. It's good for a daily since it's quiet at idle but gives a decent note when you floor it as most have said. I'll talk to you more on msn. :)

cymax
21-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't spoon N1 be better? I'm using Fujitsubo PG though. It's good enough for me in terms of performance and noise/sound.

milkman
21-12-2009, 02:35 PM
RM01A, quiet, power gains and sounds smooth, not farty.

RR-04-RR
21-12-2009, 02:38 PM
If you dont mind me asking... why do you not want to change the headers just yet? i would personally change the headers before doing the exhaust..

I've got a Buddyclub Spec 3 on my dc2r.. its loud.. especially for street.. but i've never been pulled over before.

But i've always loved how the Buddyclub exhaust sounds!

90LAN
21-12-2009, 03:43 PM
none will bolt on to the aussie dc2r
you will have to modify them

twin loop would be my pick for a street exhaust

EK1.6LCIV
21-12-2009, 03:50 PM
step 1: call local reputable exhaust shop
step 2: book car in for a quote
step 3: if quote is as per the budget get work done

there's alot of good exhaust houses in oz, worth while at least having a look at ones in your area before buying an imported system (shit a good carbon steel, press bent setup will have very good gains bang for buck)

90LAN
21-12-2009, 03:57 PM
step 1: call local reputable exhaust shop
step 2: book car in for a quote
step 3: if quote is as per the budget get work done

there's alot of good exhaust houses in oz, worth while at least having a look at ones in your area before buying an imported system (shit a good carbon steel, press bent setup will have very good gains bang for buck)

yeah right any proof to back this up?
i dont think you have ever had a quality exhaust before to comment

bang for buck for fart cannon noise thats about it

be rusted in 1-2 years and the spray paint they use to cover their dodgy welds will come off in a few weeks to leave it exposed
and cause the welds to rust and cause leaks in your system

i think the owner has money for a quality stainless system not a mild steel crap

you get what you pay for

vinnY
21-12-2009, 04:00 PM
i'll go with lan on this, mugen twinloop is a winner for the street
only noisy when you want it to be, i love mine :)

EK1.6LCIV
22-12-2009, 07:58 AM
yeah right any proof to back this up?
i dont think you have ever had a quality exhaust before to comment

bang for buck for fart cannon noise thats about it

be rusted in 1-2 years and the spray paint they use to cover their dodgy welds will come off in a few weeks to leave it exposed
and cause the welds to rust and cause leaks in your system

i think the owner has money for a quality stainless system not a mild steel crap

you get what you pay for

about a dozen sheets of info as do many shops if you were bothered to ask many local Brisbane/other states and territory shops

a good mild steel system can last upto 10yrs, mine has lasted so far to 5yrs with no problems/leaks of any kind as with decent gains over stock (minimal as they may be but it's a NA engine not like you'd expect too much in reality over a good system from factory in stock tune)

at least take the time to get out and see what local shops can offer, may as well (and save a fortune for other parts that are more worthwhile, gps tracking alarms come to mind for ITRs)

zropts
22-12-2009, 09:16 AM
ive had mugen twinloop and fujitsubo rm01a on dc2... i prefer the fujitsubo as it gives more power than mugen t/l. You actually feel the power gain at mid to high straight away when u change over from mugen to fujitsubo... mugen was abit laggy for me... felt like my exhaust flow was restricted... both exhausts sound nice and smooth... what i notice is that when vtec kicks in, the fujitsubo does not sound too loud from outside and quietens down for you to hear vtec all the way... the only time you hear it louder is when u step it from idle to vtec... not like other loud exhausts where the exhaust sounds louder when vtec kicks in or on high revs

Mugen Twinloop

+ve - quiet, smooth, easy to find 2nd hand,
-ve - cost alot new, not much power gain, heavier

Fujitsubo RM01A

+ve - quiet, smooth, cheaper new, more power gain, looks nicer, lighter
-ve - louder than mugen,

Ultimately, remember, I had Exhaust DB test on stock DC2R exhaust system (EPA Standard) and that was at 5400rpm with 87db... so im sure any aftermarket exhaust will exceed that depending on what you chose...

Tegzieboi_BAR
22-12-2009, 09:18 AM
none will bolt on to the aussie dc2r
you will have to modify them

I think u may be wrong there Lan... u'll have this issue when fitting the headers but the cat-back will bolt right up to the stock cat... my Fuji did.

tiah313
22-12-2009, 03:34 PM
thz for the reply everyone, just a few more question here
which exhaust would be louder the mugen or the fujitsubo, i would like to have sth sbit noticeable by people on low revs when nomal driving
how much would cost for a second hand mugen twin loop or a brand new fujisubo.
and wht should i watch out for when i buy a second hand exhaust?

90LAN
22-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I think u may be wrong there Lan... u'll have this issue when fitting the headers but the cat-back will bolt right up to the stock cat... my Fuji did.

yeah because some sold you a itr cat that bolts straiht on thats why lol

mate i was dealing with exhaust shops when you were still living in the states mate

so i think i know what im going on about

thats why i have my opinion about exhaust shops

blackk
22-12-2009, 04:30 PM
which exhaust would be louder the mugen or the fujitsubo, i would like to have sth sbit noticeable by people on low revs when nomal driving

zropt just answered which one is louder for you already

zropts
22-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Well 2nd hand for mugen should be $800-$1100 depending on condition. Brand new Fujitsubo is $1400.

Watch out for dents (this shouldn't affect performance) entirely looks as some cat back systems have dents on the resonator. And also look for new welds as the exhaust/muffler was not welded properly, it will break again.

If u like power, go Fujitsubo. :thumbsup:

If you like quiet, go Mugen. :thumbsup:

Up to you... :confused:

Tegzieboi_BAR
25-12-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah because some sold you a itr cat that bolts straiht on thats why lol

The JDM Cat was to fit the JDM ITR Header... I did my cat back way before that. I wouldnt b sayin this if i didnt do it myself. The exhaust was straight from japan so its not like it was modified to fit or anything.

I even remember well that i was askin on these forums this same question, if i was gna require modifications 2 make it fit n u replied that i did infact have to change the cat over or something along those lines, i thought id give it a go anyway n it bolted right up as it was.

Dnt worry bro... 99% of wat u say is top advice! haha n a top salesman too