PDA

View Full Version : ERL Performance

amurray
21-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, i have been looking at gettin a Longblock built in the states at ERL performance.

Has anyone ever heard of them and know if quality is as good as the guys in the states say?

cheers

Sexc86
21-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes delt with sean at ERL a fair bit. Excellent customer service and his workmanship is A1

jords
21-12-2009, 08:40 PM
What motor are you gonna get them to build?

amurray
22-12-2009, 03:39 PM
chears lial, im looking at a k24/20 ready for turbo

also been talking to sean

Sexc86
22-12-2009, 08:48 PM
also get quotes from lasky racing... hes good too. But if you are going down that part the main thing you need to look at is the guarenty they put on their workmanship especally the cylinder re-sleeveing

Lyle (thats the way its spelt!)

amurray
23-12-2009, 08:32 AM
cheers LYLE lol sorry man lol

Slaz
23-12-2009, 09:21 AM
ERL is really the only company that will warrent sleeve installs, but it comes at a price and its only for the superdeck system, not mid's or similar styles.

There are plenty of people that do decent sleeving in the states and here, ive recently delt with a company that do all the sleeveing for Darton within the US, do your research, but Sean does a great job, no doubt.

amurray
23-12-2009, 12:12 PM
thanks slaz :)

Everything is pointing to ERL as a really good engine builder

i was looking at a Superdeck :)

EGB18CT
23-12-2009, 01:12 PM
ERL is good but a little pricey $$$ but the super deck is a nice bit of kit overbored too :), if only a Dart block was avail for the k series :)

Laskey bang for buck is tops and good shit too, Benson sleeves - one of the best in the business and uses quality parts like cp/pauter combo's.

Then there is golden eagle which also has good sleeves.

At the end of the day, you will hear good stuff and bad stuff about EACH company so in the end the decision is up to you and the price you will pay to play. Just make sure machining and installation is 110% spot on at the end of the day all sleeves are roughly the same and it will come down to the install and machining.

If you have the cash go ERL otherwise Laskey may be a tad cheaper and still a top choice.

amurray
24-12-2009, 07:13 AM
thanks mate, i will definatly look around. cheers

hisoka
24-12-2009, 07:37 AM
so are you from option audio that auto salon team ? ive never seen your car there hey . some cool cars but

amurray
25-12-2009, 11:36 AM
hahaha was. then i got out of it... sorta 2 years ago set Street Sedan record and that was it i should change that thing lol

B18cEG
26-12-2009, 02:09 AM
ERL are really good with customer service and helped me out 100% with any questions, payment methods and so on, i got the b18c superdeck II (billet deck plate added) which is no longer being made but the product looked crazy good ;) no but seriously fantastic product. also try www.jgenginedynamics.com , the site has finally been updated few today after waiting over a year and they normally have sleeved k series block for really cheap in the specials section which has not been updated yet but hang in there, gt my head from them, also really great product.

dcoghlan
28-12-2009, 05:47 PM
We have a ERL Superdeck block in the Type R and have no issues with it at all.