PDA

View Full Version : Is the temp on my dc2r ok?

thegame888
21-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I've just bought my first itr dcr2. When I drive it the temp gauge runs to the 3rd bar. There are 8 bars in all. I'm just a lil concerned because it looks high to the eye. Like it's too near the middle temp, but It'll stay there all day.

Is this normal? Are your'e dc2r's are the same?

PS I've just given it a major service, new timing belt, water pump, oils etc. Temp is still the same as before the service.

jords
21-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Its normal. You'll get over the paranoid stage soon enough!

bennjamin
21-12-2009, 08:37 PM
temp should , after warmed up - stay at the exact same level.

It is the job of the combo of thermostat , radiator/radiator fan and coolant temp switch to vent and cool down coolant as need be to maintain the same temp level.

jeffreymui
21-12-2009, 08:38 PM
i think its okay, my dc4 appeared to be just above the middle when the car warms up

DLO01
21-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Its fine. :thumbsup:

thegame888
21-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah I know, I'm so paranoid lol. Thanks guys.

thegame888
21-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I just realized at about 8pm that my mechanic put a scrape
on the rear bumper, about 4cm high by 2cm wide. So pissed! It definitely
wasn't there before. What are my chances of getting him to repair
the damage? It was too late to tell him today. Any recommendations
on what to do tomorrow?

xntrik
21-12-2009, 10:16 PM
You should call him up as soon as possible see if you can work something out, its always good to check your car before you pick it up from any service.
&Your Thermostat; Its one bar before the middle when warm.

FallenAngel
23-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Just a question about oil temp...

Mine's been hovering at around 95 deg with normal driving.
Does that sound about right?

thegame888
23-12-2009, 04:50 PM
You should call him up as soon as possible see if you can work something out, its always good to check your car before you pick it up from any service.
&Your Thermostat; Its one bar before the middle when warm.

Its been worked out. Thanks for the advice.

OMG.JAI xD
23-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Just a question about oil temp...

Mine's been hovering at around 95 deg with normal driving.
Does that sound about right?

Sounds pretty good to me.

Oil temp will always be higher than coolant temp.

Normally a maximum of around 110-115C but youll ever only reach that with severe driving.

tseesinngwailo
23-12-2009, 11:24 PM
WOW, I just bought a DC2R as well, same paranoid question lol, mine sits very stable 1 bar before middle, now I see this seems to be the norm.

Thanks to the people who answer questions!

Cheers
Chris

thegame888
24-12-2009, 10:26 PM
WOW, I just bought a DC2R as well, same paranoid question lol, mine sits very stable 1 bar before middle, now I see this seems to be the norm.

Thanks to the people who answer questions!

Cheers
Chris

LOL

Congrats on your purchase!

kairi_k
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I just realized at about 8pm that my mechanic put a scrape
on the rear bumper, about 4cm high by 2cm wide. So pissed! It definitely
wasn't there before. What are my chances of getting him to repair
the damage? It was too late to tell him today. Any recommendations
on what to do tomorrow?

good luck man,mechanics tend not to be very professional about their work and business. so the chances are they will just deny it was there and charge you to fix it if u want. a mechanic i went to took my car for more than a week to diagnose the horn and non sounding alarm siren, i got the car back the siren and horn was not fixed and i was charged $80+ for the auto-electrician's time and the alarm no longer worked. i went to complain and he denied the alarm was working in the first place, despite initially only the siren was not sounding. both the mechanic and autoelectrician refuse to accept responsibility. They asked me to pay them to look into it further.

good luck man

kairi_k
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
ALSO be careful that when you top up your Radiator coolant you make sure the black rubber pipe inside the bottle is connected to the plastic adaptor/lid. mine wasnt and over heated!! the coolant/water was BOILING. temp guage read almost FULL bar before i realized the problem. DOUBLE CHECK THE CONNECTION.

kairi_k
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Normal reading while engine is running should be around the half way. mines always just under.

jetdc2R
02-01-2010, 10:01 PM
my dc2r on a normal night is always under c...vtec doesnt kick in sometimes.... i dont know why, i think its normal

DLO01
02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Its not normal. Vtec should work when engine is warm no mater how cold a night it is, ie 5 mins or so.

Maybe your thermostat is stuck open?

thegame888
03-01-2010, 12:38 AM
my dc2r on a normal night is always under c...vtec doesnt kick in sometimes.... i dont know why, i think its normal

I don't think its normal man. My vtec always kicks in at roughly 6000 rpm.