PDA

View Full Version : Cut and Polishing by faded 94 Civic help?

Lukezen27
28-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,
whats the best cutting compound to bring back my poor red Civic?

Thx guys

CivicCoupe
28-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey man. I used to have a red corolla twincam and the paint was fairly faded. I used a cut and polish on it, spent about 2 hours carefully applying and polishing it and the finish product was definitely worth it. It is a noticable difference and it was still shiny when I ended up selling it about a year and half later.

The brand was 'T-Cut Colour Fast' but that is the only brand I have used. I don't know how well other products work.

Lukezen27
28-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey man. I used to have a red corolla twincam and the paint was fairly faded. I used a cut and polish on it, spent about 2 hours carefully applying and polishing it and the finish product was definitely worth it. It is a noticable difference and it was still shiny when I ended up selling it about a year and half later.

The brand was 'T-Cut Colour Fast' but that is the only brand I have used. I don't know how well other products work.
Yeah they come up good :)

My last car was also a faded red car and I used to polish it and it came up wicked

Tho I never bothered Cutting it back coze is was a pece of crap heheh

thx for the info

pillow
28-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Autoglym, takes a bit of time but is well worth the effort

Lukezen27
28-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Nan

I just did a bit if testing and when through to the undercoat f@@k

Lucky it did it in place that won’t matter

Anyone no a cheap re-spryer?

So one that dose just to outside and the stock colour for say 1k

bumography
28-11-2004, 06:51 PM
hi
I have a 16 year old crx which has been HALF painted.. kit and stuff
but yea i've used anything from macguires polish, t cut and polish, all sorts of brands. The other day i used a SPRAY (yes spray and wipe) turtle wax and was VERY pleased with the result.
it made my red more red then ever before.

karbonphyber
28-11-2004, 06:58 PM
yeah it seems like turtle wax does wonders.

i've used Autoglym on my car in singapore, we have to park in the sun all the time, it kept the paintwork great.

was told T-Cut wasn't good because all it does is thin the paint by removing the dead layer, just like any skin product.

i just started using turtle wax here and it's doing well for my white gloss paint!

bumography
28-11-2004, 07:27 PM
t cut is ok to use once or twice a year depending on how bad ur paint is

jords
28-11-2004, 07:46 PM
T-cut is a good product, especially on faded paint...I use it and would recommend it :thumbsup:

Lukezen27
28-11-2004, 07:56 PM
T-cut is a good product, especially on faded paint...I use it and would recommend it :thumbsup:
Cool

tho I would not turn my back bro or you will be one wicked chromed rocket cover short :D

FR33K
28-11-2004, 08:05 PM
ive used kitten once before which turned out really good
but u have to be careful which one as there is a few different ones eg light polish ---> heavy cut back... depending on the condition of your paint.
and if ur gonna use the heavy cut back stuff be careful coz last time i did it left swirl all over my paint job :)
i gave up on polish coz my paint is too old so im goin to get it buffed tomorrow hehehe

Lukezen27
28-11-2004, 08:20 PM
ive used kitten once before which turned out really good
but u have to be careful which one as there is a few different ones eg light polish ---> heavy cut back... depending on the condition of your paint.
and if ur gonna use the heavy cut back stuff be careful coz last time i did it left swirl all over my paint job :)
i gave up on polish coz my paint is too old so im goin to get it buffed tomorrow hehehe
How much is the buffed going to cost?

karbonphyber
28-11-2004, 09:19 PM
yeah, my paintwork is fresh as new. heh i thought it was like autoglym, which i used previously, thats why i bought it.

FR33K
29-11-2004, 11:20 AM
i buffed and polished my car with autoglym today actually
turned out excellent !! you can actually see reflections in the paint now haha
heres some before and after pics
BEFORE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/BACK_BREAKER.jpg

AFTER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/buufff.jpg

karbonphyber
29-11-2004, 01:11 PM
heh beauty.

Lukezen27
29-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Very nice :thumbsup:

tho Im going respray now!!!!

Can get it done for $600

All I have to do is drive the Cost Cost :o

egSi
29-11-2004, 02:05 PM
i buffed and polished my car with autoglym today actually
turned out excellent !! you can actually see reflections in the paint now haha
heres some before and after pics
BEFORE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/BACK_BREAKER.jpg

AFTER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/buufff.jpg
that looks fukn sick as man!!! nice work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

h22a accord
29-11-2004, 02:44 PM
u can never get a faded paint job to come up good by hand, when i mean good a am comparing it to a professional buff and polish by a detailer.

take it to a good one cos if u dont you will have parts of the paint job buffed through to undercoat and there will be swirl marks and polish left in all the cracks.

tinkerbell
29-11-2004, 03:12 PM
that looks fukn sick as man!!! nice work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
a *new* car!!! :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

pillow
29-11-2004, 03:54 PM
u can never get a faded paint job to come up good by hand, when i mean good a am comparing it to a professional buff and polish by a detailer.

take it to a good one cos if u dont you will have parts of the paint job buffed through to undercoat and there will be swirl marks and polish left in all the cracks.
My car was fairly faded, at one stage it looked pink lol. But it has always come up well after polishing, most recently a couple of weeks ago using Autoglym:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjY1Nzk3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjY1Nzk4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

FR33K
29-11-2004, 04:03 PM
autoglym is the shhiiieettt !! :)

Lukezen27
29-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Wow pillow

That’s sure shiny!!!!!!!!

bumography
29-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Ok fellas.. my car has only been half painted (mainly kit) hehe
now this is a 16 year old car, washed every week and just polished before the photo.

I SAY TURTLE WAX BABY~

http://www.users.on.net/~thong_linh/crx%20si.jpg

Lukezen27
29-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Nice bro

anyone know how to take off my Civics
Steering wheel?

ASAP

FR33K
29-11-2004, 06:14 PM
what the hell is WOSWOS and UXNUXN lol

karbonphyber
29-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Nice bro

anyone know how to take off my Civics
Steering wheel?

ASAP
ABS or non ABS?

ABS you need the TORX screwdriver. plates that cover it are located at the side of the wheel base.

without ABS, i can't recall. mebbe there are screws at the side too.

go check! =o)

Lukezen27
29-11-2004, 06:37 PM
lol yeah worked it out already thx man

Just left up the Honda :)

bumography
29-11-2004, 10:47 PM
what the hell is WOSWOS and UXNUXN loli dont want my real plates to show do i?
hehehehe

karbonphyber
29-11-2004, 11:32 PM
lol yeah worked it out already thx man

Just left up the Honda :)
hahaha no worries.