PDA

View Full Version : Injen cai fn2

eddie_d4
22-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I have reently installed an injen cai. Sounds insane I must admit. I am having a few problems. When I drive the car I am getting a fluctuating idle all the time. Although I am having that problem, the more concerning issue is that I am getting alot of black smoke coming out of the exhaust when reving it on a standstill and when I hit vtec when driving. I thought that maybe It is running abit rich but I reset the computer by unplugging the battery during install. What could be causing this? Is the computer not properly reset?

br3nny
22-12-2009, 11:28 PM
hey dude

i had this problem too ..... but i had a custom exhaust fitted at the same time so i never got to hear the sound of the intake on its own =(

let me know if your engine light pops up after a while cause thats the problem i had....it comes and goes depending on the weather (hot weather i found it keeps coming on and going away)

lukits gave me a hand and used the scangauge OBDII reader to find an error code P0172 which meant the car was running rich (might also be in your case because of the black smoke coming out of your exhaust)

my car was idling funny too you disconnect the battery. you do needa whack it so the ecu can learn again....but give it a week without touching the battery and the funny ideling will go away

eddie_d4
23-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Yes! My system light has been going on and off too as it pleases!... Wat do u mean give it a week?... So ur funny idle went away after a week?... And how did u get rid of the black smoke and system light?... I don't know if I should drive it in this condition...

EG5
23-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Pm sent

br3nny
24-12-2009, 09:55 AM
as in dont' touch the battery for a week n a bit and see how it runs after that..i noticed the funny idling went away after a while and it was more stable

i don't have as much black smoke/specs on the exhaust any more ... just a few specs here n there if you whack it

system light is still causing me a problem...i thought the CAI was tested to have no problems but i got told it also can bit a hit or miss and its luck of the draw ! to get rid of it ....just pray it goes away when you start the car haha .... i had lukits use a scangauge to clear it once though

J-Train
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
sorry to hi-jack your thread but I have a strange problem with my intake.
I had a K&N Apolo intake and I recently removed it instead of running to leen without the air it was use to its running rich.
I reset the ecu once and its still the same, anyone know what I should do?

bodaas
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
go to hondatech.com.au and post question ther because plenty fn2 owners overthere than here. thre is also one guy ign jtune very expert in fn tuning overthere so you can ask any question you want by pming him

beevo
26-02-2010, 03:07 PM
From what I read you MUST get the tuning remapped to suit the change in air pressure. Only makes sense when you think about it.

dadar
29-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,
does by any chance this funny fluctuating idle would cause the engine to shut off if it drops below a certain point? Becos mine does. Withput touching the throttle, the engine dies when the rpm drops too low. Is this "normal", or am i doing something wrong here?

jyh888
30-05-2010, 05:31 PM
im installing an injen intake on my fn2 now, can someone will pease post up a pic of the engine bay with the intake...it seems to me the piping gets in the way of the gearbox and i cannot shift through all gears and how did you guys mount the bracket?? I have the revised edition...if that helps u guys to answer my question

EG5
30-05-2010, 06:48 PM
im installing an injen intake on my fn2 now, can someone will pease post up a pic of the engine bay with the intake...it seems to me the piping gets in the way of the gearbox and i cannot shift through all gears and how did you guys mount the bracket?? I have the revised edition...if that helps u guys to answer my question

You have to make sure that your shifter doesnt get in a way of your intake set up. Play around with it so it clear