PDA

View Full Version : lock on my door (dc2r)

tOniies
23-12-2009, 12:24 PM
when i lock my door, the passenger door automatically locks. but when i open my door, the passenger door doesn't unlock itself. this happened yesterday night, also the keyless entry to my car doesn't unlock the car, but locks it. any ideas how out of the sudden its playing up?

xntrik
23-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I had a similar problem earlier in the year, my alarm and immobilizer would engage but my doors wont lock, I changed my remote battery and it worked fine.
I hope this helps for your situation.

tOniies
23-12-2009, 12:44 PM
also my car when i unlock my driver side, it automatically opens the passenger door. But the passenger door is locked.

vinnY
23-12-2009, 01:36 PM
lock rods inside loose/unaligned?

grifty
23-12-2009, 01:39 PM
maybe the unlock button on your remote has had it so thats why it wont unlock with the remote

tOniies
23-12-2009, 02:13 PM
maybe the unlock button on your remote has had it so thats why it wont unlock with the remote
Narh the remote is still fine, cause it still blinks when i try to unlock it

lock rods inside loose/unaligned?
is it hard to fix? what do i need to do?

blakee
23-12-2009, 02:15 PM
try the fuses maybe?? i had the same problem except it wouldnt unlock or lock...just a idea??

vinnY
23-12-2009, 02:18 PM
if it's the rods the holders have probably just worn over time and come loose
pull off your door panel and have a look

then again it might also be your autolock motor thingos acting up
i had to adjust mine once, would lock but not unlock
turns out the motor didn't pull out far enough to activate the central locking mechanism
speaking of which i have to check mine again, been a bit flakey lately, stupid old cars.

tOniies
23-12-2009, 02:29 PM
ill give it a check soon. Just happened yesterday and it's bugging me.

tOniies
23-12-2009, 02:44 PM
i walked outside to unlock my car, and it works now. Weird. Anyone know why this shit happens?

IEVAQ8
23-12-2009, 03:40 PM
the weather can play a big part in metals expanding and contracting in size (slightly) which causes this, i had same issue in my dc2r with drivers door not unlocking all the way, so i took of door trims and re-aligned rods and re-tightened, never happened again...

T-onedc2
23-12-2009, 06:30 PM
It's not uncommon, in my experience there is an actuator in the drivers door which unlocks the passenger door when the drivers door unlocks. The actuator was dying in my car years ago, had it replaced by an auto electrician and been fine since. My brothers' DC2 did the same at one time also.

SHI-FTY
23-12-2009, 06:55 PM
wow nice wirte up guys ive experienced this also but mysteriously it has gone away n it works fine now but now i no and i will get to it b4 it occurs again lol it was soo annoyin

T-onedc2
23-12-2009, 07:06 PM
My drivers door lock occasionally has a spasms (lol) when I lock it remotely, prob slowly dying.

SHI-FTY
23-12-2009, 07:15 PM
lol farrrk , wen i had d prob i had to use the key to open but keeping the key in n forced to the left to keep the door unlocked to get in cause it jst wanted to stay locked lol which is a good thing in a security way u no n even wen gettin out d car i had to hold my fingers forcing the lock tab opend jst to open the door lol sooo annoying

tOniies
23-12-2009, 08:58 PM
did what tom said, realigned everything (thanks tom). hopefully it don't spazz out again. freakin integra electricals..