PDA

View Full Version : central locking wont work via renote after repair

ageos
23-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys
I just got back my 1998 civic gli from the repair shop after I was T-boned about a month ago. The problem I have now is that when I try to lock the car via the remote it will no longer lock. The alarm will still arm however. If I am in the car and I manually lock it from the drivers side then all the doors will lock as per usual. So it seems the central locking is working manually but wont via the remote. If I lock it from the outside via the key then the car will lock. Any ideas as to what could be the cause?

dahondr98
23-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Try pulling the door trims off, and lubricating all the moving components in the locking system. There are several other threads on this forum, where people have had problems caused by the lubrication gumming up, causing the remote locking to not work properly. Apparently lubricating everything can get it working again using the remote.

ageos
23-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Do you think that could be the cause considering that when I manually lock from the inside the central locking works fine?
Is it possible that something may have been miss wired? Im only speculating. When I actually activate the locking from the remote there is no sound coming from the drivers side door leading me to believe that the locking unit is not actually being activated.

A side note however. Where about would I find the central locking wiring harness normally? and the same qn regarding the alarm. I mainly want to check and see if there is a possibility that any fuses could have blown when my accident occurred. I have checked the main set of fuses and those under the bonnet and they all seem ok.

dahondr98
23-12-2009, 11:57 PM
You could be right - I'd expect some sort of noise from the locking actuator in the driver's door when you use the remote. If it isn't moving, then it may be electrical. But you might as well pull the driver's door trim off to have a look. Chances are if it was T-boned, they may have moved something, or forgotten to connect something, when they fixed the door(s). You can see where the loom goes by downloading a Civic workshop manual off the web - try a search here, or on Google, to find them. Although they are LHD models, they show where all the wiring looms are in the car.

SuiJin
24-12-2009, 03:05 AM
if ur in melb bring it to me ill fix it for ya.