PDA

View Full Version : Ecu... ???

npcan2
24-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I've done a bit of research when it comes to ECU's, but I was just wondering what everyone thought was the best in terms of power gain and cost.

I will soon have I/H/E, and I want the tune to match that. Piggyback's seem to best the best option with just these mods.

From what I've read, GReddy e-manage Ultimate is similar to the Haltech Interceptor in terms of power gain. (Please feel free to correct me).
However, on the GReddy website, it doesn't say anything about supporting the euro. Why?

Also, Both these ECU's can't control VTC, but there is a GReddy V-Manage kit as well, but how much extra power can this extract?

So my main question is what will give the best power gain for a reasonable cost?

Thanks!

tony1234
24-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I've done a bit of research when it comes to ECU's, but I was just wondering what everyone thought was the best in terms of power gain and cost.

I will soon have I/H/E, and I want the tune to match that. Piggyback's seem to best the best option with just these mods.

From what I've read, GReddy e-manage Ultimate is similar to the Haltech Interceptor in terms of power gain. (Please feel free to correct me).
However, on the GReddy website, it doesn't say anything about supporting the euro. Why?

Also, Both these ECU's can't control VTC, but there is a GReddy V-Manage kit as well, but how much extra power can this extract?

So my main question is what will give the best power gain for a reasonable cost?

Thanks!
Haltech Interceptor.They support the Euro.It also controls VTC.I have one,got it 2nd.hand for $400+$500 fitting and tuning by Adrian at Toda.VTC is now 5300RPM down from 6000RPM.:thumbsup:

felixd
24-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Haltech Interceptor.They support the Euro.It also controls VTC.I have one,got it 2nd.hand for $400+$500 fitting and tuning by Adrian at Toda.VTC is now 5300RPM down from 6000RPM.:thumbsup:

what model pm me pls :)

tony1234
24-12-2009, 05:21 PM
what model pm me pls :)
Haltech Platinum Interceptor.Euro is supported,also can control VTC.

tomacom
24-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Was it worth the money tony1234?

Lucas
24-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I thought you can use Kpro, you'll need a new ecu and a couple of harnesses I guess .. I'd call James from Hondata and ask him..

tony1234
25-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Was it worth the money tony1234?
As stated before i picked it up 2nd.hand for $400 and it cost $500 for install and tuning so yes.They sell new for approx.$765 plus tuning.

npcan2
25-12-2009, 11:41 PM
OMG IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

After reading more things and listening to what ppl have told me, I had decided on the Haltech Platinum interceptor, but it was only a matter of buying it... So, i went onto ebay last night, and had a look.... just to see if anyone was selling any...

After some consulting with Tony (btw,you are god, you know all, and are always on Ozhonda!) I found a brand new one for $500 starting bid, and a 'buy it now' price of $650 ending at 2:14pm christmas day, 0 bids so far...
So i was thinking of the worst case scenario (project management brain), $650 is still better than $750, i'd pay $650...

*LONG SLEEP, couldn't stop thinking about the ECU!*

I wake up, open my presents, do all that stuff (GF got me a voucher to get my car completely detailed! :D), but all I could think about was the bloody ECU!!!

Christmas Lunch was at my house this year, so theres like 20 yelling Italians around a table smashing down an 8kg turkey... Meanwhile, i set 2 alarms on my phone and my brothers phone 10 minutes before the auction was to end (take no risks)...

Needless to say i didn't need the alarm... I bailed half way through the main course being dished out, and my mum was yelling at me for being disrespectful, and my older brothers were trying to explain that an ECU is more important than any lunch; HAHAHA!

So i set my lappy up, connected directly to the modem on the 30mb/s cable connection (NO LAG!), I was determined not to loose the auction!

10 minutes to go... f5, f5, f5, f5.. still no bids, good, very good.
5 minutes to go... "what if there are auto bids? shit, better test the water", so i put in the minimum bid of $500.. f5,f5,f5,f5.. still no bids, very good.
2 minutes to go... "what if someone bids at 5 seconds to go..." ZOMG STRESS TO THE MAX! more f5's every 3 seconds... still no more bids

10 Seconds to go! "HOLY SHIT I HAVE NO NAILS LEFT!!! FINISH ALREADY!!!"
3,2,1... "Congratulations, you have won the auction!"

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm am so bloody happy! $500 for a new Haltech Platinum interceptor!!!!
And all that stressing for nothing! haha.

I just thought i'd share my happiness with all you guys (and possibly girls) as you all help me so much on this forum!

Have a good Christmas break, and a Happy New Year! :D

felixd
26-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Haltech Platinum Interceptor.Euro is supported,also can control VTC.

does it need custom loom ? or theres one for euro ?

felixd
26-12-2009, 02:44 AM

After reading more things and listening to what ppl have told me, I had decided on the Haltech Platinum interceptor, but it was only a matter of buying it... So, i went onto ebay last night, and had a look.... just to see if anyone was selling any...

After some consulting with Tony (btw,you are god, you know all, and are always on Ozhonda!) I found a brand new one for $500 starting bid, and a 'buy it now' price of $650 ending at 2:14pm christmas day, 0 bids so far...
So i was thinking of the worst case scenario (project management brain), $650 is still better than $750, i'd pay $650...

I wake up, open my presents, do all that stuff (GF got me a voucher to get my car completely detailed! :D), but all I could think about was the bloody ECU!!!

Christmas Lunch was at my house this year, so theres like 20 yelling Italians around a table smashing down an 8kg turkey... Meanwhile, i set 2 alarms on my phone and my brothers phone 10 minutes before the auction was to end (take no risks)...

Needless to say i didn't need the alarm... I bailed half way through the main course being dished out, and my mum was yelling at me for being disrespectful, and my older brothers were trying to explain that an ECU is more important than any lunch; HAHAHA!

So i set my lappy up, connected directly to the modem on the 30mb/s cable connection (NO LAG!), I was determined not to loose the auction!

5 minutes to go... "what if there are auto bids? shit, better test the water", so i put in the minimum bid of $500.. f5,f5,f5,f5.. still no bids, very good.
2 minutes to go... "what if someone bids at 5 seconds to go..." ZOMG STRESS TO THE MAX! more f5's every 3 seconds... still no more bids

I just thought i'd share my happiness with all you guys (and possibly girls) as you all help me so much on this forum!

:) pls pm me when uve installed it i wanna do mine too this will probably good combo with the SCharge kit :)

npcan2
26-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Will do felix.. Does any1 no anywhere cheap in melbourne that can install + tune?

thx

tony1234
26-12-2009, 07:07 PM
does it need custom loom ? or theres one for euro ?
No custom loom required.

tony1234
26-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Nice price!Make sure you get a good tune.Don't cut corners here and go for the cheapest tune.Budget approx.$500 for this also make sure the tuner lowers the vtec crossover.Mine's 5300RPM down from 6000RPM.Pity you're in Melb.I know a couple of good tuners in Sydney.