PDA

View Full Version : central lock

slimx
25-12-2009, 03:36 PM
hey guys my integra.. has a worn out central locking on the passenger door.

So i bought a new central locking kit.
It came with the two.. little mechanisms..
anyway i tried to install one on the passenger door, and i ran into bit of a trouble, the xisting central locking has 5 wires going into it where as this new one only has room for 2 ?

Did i get the wrong kit? or is there a psecial way of doing this.

B18cEG
26-12-2009, 01:47 AM
No the kit is correct but here is wat u need to do,
Install the lock actuator so that is is adjusted at fully pulled in minus a cpl mm, then onto the wiring, with a test light find the 2 wires that pulse a positive one when you lock the drivers door and the other when you unlock the drivers door then connect to the blue and green actuator wires, test first to ensure correct operation.

Goodluck

SuiJin
26-12-2009, 01:51 AM
mate he's got a master on his passenger where the kit is a slave. is the master running all 5 wires? if its not then the kit u bought is fine.
you only need to trace the two wires being used on the master and just attached those wires to the slave kit you have.

if not then u need a master actuator which has the 5 wires.

B18cEG
26-12-2009, 02:00 AM
he is talking about the passanger door which is operating as slave driven by the switch on the drivers lock or watever, the information i gave is fine and will work.

SuiJin
26-12-2009, 02:18 AM
wrong, he displays no knowledge of electricals, and not all slave come in green and black. i've got 3 sitting here 2/3 has green and black one is black and black. i know he's talking about the passenger which runs a slave. but he's got a master hooked up which he doesnt quite need. considering only 2 out of 5 wires are being used.

straight forward, remove ur master actuator, there should only be two wires hooked up. just test the wires on the slave and see which one works right ie. lock and unlock if it doesnt lock and unlock then swap em around.

B18cEG
26-12-2009, 02:23 AM
wrong, he displays no knowledge of electricals, and not all slave come in green and black. i've got 3 sitting here 2/3 has green and black one is black and black. i know he's talking about the passenger which runs a slave. but he's got a master hooked up which he doesnt quite need. considering only 2 out of 5 wires are being used.

straight forward, remove ur master actuator, there should only be two wires hooked up. just test the wires on the slave and see which one works right ie. lock and unlock if it doesnt lock and unlock then swap em around.

sorry god who knows all :P and where u pull green and black from, i said green and blue, master actuator or not its not a problem he just needs to cut the extra 3 wires no doubt black white and brown, if he got a 2 door kit then it prob has 2 master actuators hence telling him the way i explaned,

slimx
26-12-2009, 06:01 PM
woah sorry read this all bit late.

Ok so basically with a test light i got to find the two ones that still run power?
and yes my passenger door doesnt have a master lock, but im not familiar with central locking stuff never dealt with it before..
From what i know MASTER locks means.. when u cant lock the door while its open? and the slave door can always lock even whilst open?

B18cEG
26-12-2009, 06:09 PM
not exactly, on hondas you shouldnt be able to lock the door while its open unless you hold the handle open or wateva, anyway master motor normally has the green and blue which control the actual lock and unlock determined by which wire is fed + and which is fed -, and then a black (ground) brown and white (signal out for lock and unlock), so with a test light (there should only be 2 wires anyway) each should put out a + pulse, one when u unlock the drivers loor and one when u unlock the drivers door.

slimx
28-12-2009, 05:24 PM
so basically after i find the 2 correct wires i just hook them up and leave the rest disconnected?

SuiJin
28-12-2009, 08:41 PM
yep ;)

slimx
28-12-2009, 09:40 PM
ill get on it 2moro day time hope fully if it doesnt rain again -_- sydneys been shit weather for a while now lol. its either to hot or heavy rain

thanks guys.

B18cEG
28-12-2009, 10:32 PM
make sure you cut the spare wires and insulate.

kairi_k
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
sorry to hijack this thread, i had a similiar problem. the passenger side actuator was non existent so i installed it and connect up the green and blue wires to the appropriate pos an neg wires by connecting to the door lock wires. but i need to connect this up to my alarm input/output for central locking.

Atm the drivers side will lock/unlock with alarm remote but the passenger wont. do the wires from the passenger door lock trace back to under the drivers dash and do i connect them to the drivers side ones and into the alarm outputs?