PDA

View Full Version : Help. CRX inner CV tripod bearings

jonohall71
26-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Hey guys,

replaced the clutch. Gearbox in and time to put axles back in and made a mistake with the inner CV tripod bearings. Put the flat panel of the bearing facing outward in the cup and ofcourse cracked the flat sections.

I own a 1992 CRX (Del Sol) with the B16a DOHC 1.6L VTEC engine.

I need help finding 6 of these bearings. Do they necessarily have to have the flat panel on the back?

I've tried a few shops, no luck. Honda wants to sell me a couple of half shafts for $900+. Anyone know anyone making aftermarket complete drive shafts for this model? Surely they can do better than nearly $1000!

All help appreciated. I just want my baby back on the road. ;(

Merry Christmas

B18cEG
26-12-2009, 02:34 AM
take the bearings with plateback to a bearing shop and they can normally match something up with wat they got that is a non plateback bearing but will obviously be bigger and very easy to install, Take all parts clean so you can test fit there, dont forget to leave some play (make sure bearings dont need to be FORCED in)

chowdaa
26-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Driveline Australia, near rocklea, make sure you bring your orginal ones, less than 150 each retail. If you're nice they can even try to fix your current shafts.

jonohall71
26-12-2009, 07:07 PM
cheers guys.

a wrecker has EG6 shafts available. Is that gonna fit my 1992 del-Sol?