PDA

View Full Version : toda vs jun stroker kit???

endlezzz
27-12-2009, 04:19 AM
I've no clue or whatsoever about honda,but i've been searching and reading and as far as i know stroking it would be around same as putting in a b18c but i like the engine i have now.if any one could please tell me which one are better for force induction since im heading down that route. cheers

http://www.cj-motor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_114&products_id=431

http://inlinefour.com/todb16astrok.html

i know we got toda in the forum but couldn't find where they state the price for theirs so yea.

jords
27-12-2009, 06:05 AM
You currently have a B16A right?... seriously, forget the stroker kit, go K24

02gzm
28-12-2009, 12:06 PM
It'd be cheaper and more reliable swapping your B16 for a B18 as you'll need a new computer and tune to run it. Then if you turbo it later you'll need it retuned again. $$$

d15z1SUX
29-12-2009, 01:39 AM
if u go with the stroker kit u get higher compression and should be forged internals. should be more light weight than a stock b18 block.

e240
29-12-2009, 02:18 AM
To answer yr question, Toda...their stuff's still made inhouse in Japan - not outsourced, assuring you of their quality.

Limbo
29-12-2009, 03:37 AM
stroker kits were good when motors were expensive.
for the price they are nowadays its not justified.
Better off doing a the poor man ITR motor (i.e lower b18 block b16 head)
The stroker kit will require your lower block to rebored, thus making the lower block weaker. Not good for FI

I'd just get a b18 block, build it while its out of the car. Then sell the b16. It will be more reliable and cheaper especially if your gonna boost it along the way.

Otherwise just boost the b16, you should be happy with the results, the boosted b16 is not that far off a boosted b18, stock for stock.
b18 will have more torque, but powerwise about the same.
i'm pretty satisfied with my b16. Once you've boosted your gonna just start running into traction issues

TODA AU
29-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I've no clue or whatsoever about honda,but i've been searching and reading and as far as i know stroking it would be around same as putting in a b18c but i like the engine i have now.if any one could please tell me which one are better for force induction since im heading down that route. cheers

i know we got toda in the forum but couldn't find where they state the price for theirs so yea.

If you're going forced induction, why not just build the B16A as a 1600.
If you're staying NA, the stroker kits are a really good thing.
Jacky Yick's U2L IPRA EK4 used one & set quite a few bench marks.
Reliability isn't an issue when built & tuned correctly.
Up side is no rego hastles... Downside – doesn’t look cool.
The TODA kit retains same rod ratio as B18C R
The JUN kit does not.

& if you want a price… Just ask.

hisoka
29-12-2009, 10:45 PM
i can get you the stroker kit for jun for about 4.5 k.

if i was you i would think about boosting your current motor with lower comp pistons instead of staying NA

TODA AU
29-12-2009, 10:47 PM
stroker kits were

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

your gonna just start running into traction issues

Yawn....
No... No... & No....

That about covers it.