PDA

View Full Version : Mugen coilover for DC5R

ekvtec
27-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Close.

chargeR
27-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Are you talking about the Mugen Sports Suspension or the N1 damper kit? They are very different.

SS is a matched set of springs and dampers with no adjustability. They offer mild lowering and good spring rates for decent handling. I don't have any personal experience with them. If want only slight lowering and comfort and OEM quality then these may be for you.

N1 dampers are a stainless steel bodied coilover. Single tube inverted design at the front and twin tube at the rear. Springs, top mounts and front lower brackets must be purchased seperately to the dampers. However the stock top mounts can be used at both the front and the rear. Mugen sells suitable springs of 14-18kg/mm for the front and 28-32kg/mm for the rear.

I have a set of the N1 dampers and they are okay for heavy track use and have some pretty good features. However for the 4-5k a new set would cost I can think of many other options worth investigating.

air23box
28-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Great info Tom......you pretty much say everything I wanna to say.....except the crazy -4 to 5 degree camber without any adjustment....lol...

ekvtec
28-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for info
- mods please close