PDA

View Full Version : Euro audio system install?

BRU51N
28-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey guys,

I'm attempting to fit a new audio system in the accord euro (CL9), however I'm finding it difficult to locate a place to feed the power cable through to the cabin. where abouts did you guys run the power cable thru the firewall?

I cant seem to find holes in the firewall to fit either 0 or 2 or 4 gauge power cable. I'd assume 8gauge cable would fit fine through one of the electrical grommet. but the 4 gauge is pretty much impossible.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers!

aaronng
28-12-2009, 10:26 AM
You can do it through the grommet on the firewall. But you might have to make a new hole on the grommet to feed the 4 gauge through. Remember to seal it up with some sealant after you finish installing to ensure that it is watertight.

ICACHA
28-12-2009, 09:19 PM
as in the carpenters game where they measure twice and cut once, you have to check twice and poke once cause if you snag a cable and cut it inside the grommet i wouldnt like to be you trying to solder it back together...

ICACHA
28-12-2009, 09:20 PM
and aaron, why dont you organise a meet with the audio nuts, might be interesting :)

BRU51N
29-12-2009, 08:23 AM
You can do it through the grommet on the firewall. But you might have to make a new hole on the grommet to feed the 4 gauge through. Remember to seal it up with some sealant after you finish installing to ensure that it is watertight.

So I've tried going through the grommet that's visible near the center, and the 8gauge cable doesn't even seem to want to go through. It seems to be jammed on something or there's something behind it blocking it coming through.

Is there a location from the inside footrest area where i can feed it through the other way out towards the firewall?

Vtec R
30-12-2009, 04:14 PM
yo willie go through the aircon water exit pipe

Vtec R
30-12-2009, 04:15 PM
or through one of the harness

npcan2
30-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Here's wat i did... its dodgey, but does the job..

ICACHA
30-12-2009, 07:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

over time the cable will cut on the hole and will easily cause an electrical fire. if this happens it will look like you've attacked the car with a welder not to mention the wiring harness and possible other damage it will do.

use a stanley knife i.e. box cutter to slice a small slit in the grommet cause if you can pull it off like you did you can safely cut a slit in the grommet to run the cable through then use some black sealer to seal the cut in the grommet with the cable.

common sense, if it looks dangerous it probably well is. do it properly! :)

npcan2
30-12-2009, 07:29 PM
yeh, good point... haha

i like your signature btw... very appropriate!

ICACHA
30-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Einstein or people putting their location in their profile?

npcan2
30-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Both, but mostly the Einstein bit... haha

vvancia
16-07-2011, 12:30 PM
where abouts does the cable come out on the inside of the car? i've been trying to locate it but have gotten no where

marquee
17-07-2011, 09:45 PM
pull out your glove box ang get a coat hanger poke around once found an entry tie it to the wire to the end of the coat hanger and pull through.